- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Another addition to the BabyVerse series.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Abby looks forward to events to come.
Abby stood in the bare room and studied the light emanating from the window. She moved the window and opened it to judge the view. A large oak tree stood just outside with various birds singing their songs.

She smiled as she thought about the past few days. She and Gibbs had moved all her belongings into his house, and she had contacted a real estate agent about sub-letting her apartment. She had scheduled her first pre-natal appointment with the doctor, and she and Gibbs had begun work on the baby's nursery...kind of.

They had started working on the room by getting rid of junk that had accumulated in this spare bedroom. They had ripped out the old carpet. That, however, was as far as they had gotten.

Abby had made it clear to Gibbs that she needed time in the room to figure out what it needed to be. He grinned, kissed her on the temple, and left her to figure out what the room needed. He indulged her in her metaphysical pursuits, and she loved him for it.

As she stared out at the oak tree, she thought about the future. Would they have a girl or a boy like she was inclined to believe? Would the baby look like her or would he look like Gibbs? Would they be strict with their child or would they give their child a long arm? Would this be their only child or would they have more?

She shrieked slightly in excitement as she spun and sat down on the bare plywood floor. She felt her smile travel across her face and spread down to her toes.

She had never been pessimistic about her future, but now she had a true sense of optimism. She was pregnant with the child of a man she loved with her entire being. She was head over heels in love, and she was positive that he loved her too. Could there be anything better in life?

She closed her eyes and tried to picture what their child would look like. She saw his enchanting eyes, cocky grin, and self-assured stance. She could hear the child's laughter, a softer younger version of Gibbs.

"Meditating?"

Abby opened her eyes and spotted Gibbs leaning against the doorjamb. She smiled, "Picturing our son."

"Why are you so sure it'll be a boy?" He asked as he crossed the space between them and offered her his hand to help her up.

She accepted his helping hand and stood in front of him, "I'm not one hundred percent sure, but he would be so cute."

He chuckled softly as he drew her into his arms, "I think a little girl would be equally cute."

"Maybe," She offered, "But I can't picture a female version of you."

"Why does it have to be a female version of me? She'd be exactly like you," He countered, "Smart, quirky, beautiful."

"Flattery will get you everywhere," She teased with a quick kiss before she glanced around the room, "You know what this room needs most of all?"

"What's that?" He asked, studying her as she made her observations.

"Love. Lots and lots of love," Abby declared as she turned back to him and met his eyes.

"I don't think that will be any problem at all," Gibbs smiled as he hugged her to him, looking forward to filling his once lonely house full of love and laughter for years to come.
Chapter End Notes:
Another addition to the BabyVerse series.