- Text Size +
Two months later.

Tony had went to several examinations. Dr. Kiefer had recommented to invite Dr. Pitt for the check-ups, as he knew more than any other doctor about Tony's lungs. Tony had happily agreed to that as Brad was the only one to get Jethro under control, except Ducky, and he really didn't want the ME with them when they were looking at his insides.

They had told the team and they had taken it very well, as expected. Ziva had immidiatly taken up teasing Tony. The morning after they had told them she had asked him if he had gained any weight yet or if it just was junk-food. Ten minutes later Ducky had adviced her not to joke too much about it because it was only a matter of time until all the nice little side-effects of a pregnancy were going to show in Tony's mood.

Speaking of which. Tony had started to have morning sickness, which came predictably every night at four am. Most of the time now he woke before it started and it didn't happen to often that they had any accidents. This morning was no exception. He slurfed back into the bedroom and rolled himself up. Jethro wasn't at home yet. They had gotten a case the evening before but Jethro had send him home, threatening to call Dr. Kiefer and let her set him on desk duty.

But as if he had timed it the door opened and Jethro came into the bedroom carrying a glass of water and a bag with bagels. He kissed Tony's damp forehead.

„I missed it, I guess. How'd you feel?"

„Like shit. But it'll be fine in a few minutes...you know the routine."

Gratefully he took the water and swallowed hardly before he looked warily at the bag. Deciding that he wouldn't take the risk just yet he asked about the case.

„You wrapped it up?"

„Yeah, open and shut."

„Then why did you take that long? Didn't want to go home to your fat, moody partner?"

Tony's tone was light and jokingly but Jethro heard that it also held truth.

„Tony, you're not fat. And you're not moody, at least not yet. Interrogation kept me in long and we wrapped up the paperwork so we have off today. Didn't want to go in on your birthday."

Tony groaned as he fell back into the pillows.

„Is it already?"

Jethro chuckled and spread out next to his lover.

„Yes, it is. And you know Abby. She insisted on having you at least a small dinner party. She wanted to go out with you but Ducky took over and reminded her that you were not to strain and not to drink. And the loud music wouldn't be good, either. I agreed that they come over for dinner. That alright?"

„I'd prefer a nice calm day, evening and most important night with you. But I'm willing to give them the evening, as long as I get the rest."

„You will, I promise...but now, how does a little more sleep sound?"

Tony chuckled as he settled against the older man. Jethro's hand immidiatly lying protectively on Tony's belly.

„Since I'm pregnant I could sleep all day."

„Since you're pregnant?"







It was eight the same evening and everybody was there yet, except Abby. Finally the young goth arrived and she carried a huge box into the living room.

„Ok, I know you surely have prepared a delicious dinner, but I think you should unwrap your presents first!"

She announced after she had hugged Tony for what seemed like hours.

„Yay! Presents!"

He beamed and settled on the couch. Ziva was the first and he eyed the box from all sides before he opened it. Looking in, then at her and then taking out the present.

„A bowl...gee, thanks, Ziva..."

Taking the next presents he raised his eyebrow as he revealed cat food, a small scratch-tree and a tiny little collar.

„Em...ok..."

Warily he slowly opened the box Abby had put to his feet. Once the top was off there was a small „miaou".

„You're giving me a cat?"

„Yup!"

She beamed at him. Tony looked down into the box where a tiny little black cat sat and looked at him with big green eyes.

„I thought you two might want to practise a little."

Finally Tony smiled brightly and reached into the box, but that made the kitten spit and it sat in a corner of the box looking at him rather grudgingly.

„I don't think, it likes me..."

Tony stated and everybody changed worried looks.

„Oh, Tony, I'm sure it's just because she sat in that box for so long. Let her out and then she'll be fine, I'm sure."

Tony nodded unsure but then stood to get to the table. After about half an hour they finally got him to talk and after two hours he was his usual cheery self.




It was nearly midnight when Jethro finally managed to shush Abby out, telling her that Tony needed the sleep. He went back and saw Tony sitting on the couch again, watching the kitten play with the little ball McGee had given them.

„Hey, babe. Everything alright?"

Jethro kissed him on the cheek but Tony still looked sadly at the cat.

„I tried to pat her but she didn't want me to."

„Tony, cats are very stubborn. Listen, you'll feed her, she'll love you."

„Are babies like that?"

Jethro chuckled and put his arm around his lover, who soon settled against him.

„A bit, Tony. What you wanna call her?"

„Dunno...it can't be a name we could use for our child, can it?"

„Wouldn't be good."

Tony sighed and watched the kitten now licking her paws.

„How does Susi sound? I heard somewhere that it has to be something ending with a „i"."

Tony offered and Jethro considered it for a moment. Susi would definitely not a possibility for their child. But for a cat it seemed to be alright.

„Ok. Susi. You gonna feed her?"

„Yeah, sure. Gonna feed our child aswell. Abby's right. I think I can use some practise. You already have. Gotta catch up."

Jethro sighed and pulled Tony a little more against him, not willing to let go of the younger man just now.
Chapter End Notes:
I'M SHOCKED!!! I forgot a note *g*
This story is quite episodic. Following won't be, I promise.