- Text Size +
„Tony, I think you should stay at home."

Ziva said and chanced a glance at the man in the passenger seat. Tony swallowed the candy bar he had bought on their way to the office, secretly, because Jethro had conviscated everything with sugar in the house.

„No, Ziva. I'm perfectly fine to do the little work I'm still allowed."

„Yeah...but...Tony. You barely got into the car. Abby and Ducky are harrassing us to go easy on you and you're doing all the things you shouldn't."

„That's not true! I'm not drinking coffee. I'm not smoking. And I'm not drinking any alcohol!"

Ziva sighed annoyed and fought hard to not floor the gas pedal.

„Yeah, but you didn't drink coffee or smoke before your pregnancy. And as far as I'm informed you're not to eat too much sugar."

She said with a side glance at the candy bar.

„Hey, it's an energy bar!"

„No, it's a Snickers! I might don't know all American slang words but I do know American junk food!"

„But there are nuts in it."

Tony tried weakly and she shot him a look.

„Ok, listen. I don't get any sugar at home. I don't get any sugar in the office. All I have is a candy bar when you or McGee pick me up or drive me home. Even Abby joined the conspiracy against me."

„Tony, there's no conspiracy. All we do is to make sure that you're healthy for the birth. We are just trying that you're doing what your docs tell you."

Tony muttered something under his breath but Ziva didn't even made the effort to ask. Six months into the pregnancy everything was alright and they all were about to let out a breath but then Tony started to get hormons, as Abby called it, and was switching moods as fast as Jethro the stop button in the elevator. The only ones ever confronting him were Jethro and Ziva. Jethro because he knew that Tony was never longer pissed with him that ten minutes and Ziva sometimes just appeared to have a death wish. If Abby, Ducky or McGee thought Tony needed a put-down they went to Gibbs. Therefore Tony's theory of a conspiracy wasn't that far fetched.

„Everybody's ratting me out, except you. Please don't tell Jethro about that tiny little Snickers."

Ziva let out an exasperated sigh and then looked at him. Strangely she couldn't resist his best pouty-dog look anymore. Maybe it had something to do with the big bulb in front of him. She sighed again and grapped something from the side of the door.

„Only if you don't tell him about this."

She said and held out a pack of gummy bears to him.

„Ziva? Is that a soft side?"

He asked mockingly shocked.

„You want this or not? They don't have any sugar, let's think of it as an exception."

He grinned and took the pack, offering it to her aswell.

„No, they're made out of pigs."

As Tony grimacing looked into the pack she grinned.

„Enjoy."








„MOVE YOUR BUTT BACK TO YOUR CHAIR!!"

Tony froze in his movement and turned around. Jethro's face was calm, but he'd be stupid to think it was real. He tried his most disarming smile, yeah, as if that ever worked on him.

„What?"

He asked innocently.

„I know exactly where you're heading."

„The head? The little one's lying directly on my bladder, you know that."

„Ah huh. And why don't you take the head over there?"

Jethro nodded towards the restroom right down the hall, and Tony had been heading into the opposite direction.

„Em...There's no toilet paper..."

„You've been going to the vending machine."

„NO! No, no, no,...yeah, I was...but Jethro, I need my sugar dose! What would you say if I told you that you can't drink any coffee anymore?"

„If I was carrying your child and the caffaine could lead to a premature I would do that."

Tony took a deep breath.

„Ok, good point. But I'm graving. Every pregnant person graves, and every pregnant person can eat what they grave...everybody but me."

„Tony, we already had that discussion, hadn't we? You get one candy bar or something else. One! It's what the doctor allowed you. And I do know that you're having one every day when McGee or Ziva pick you up, and no, they didn't rat you out. I tolerated it this long, I gave you another one, but now, this is over. Dr. Kiefer called me and told me that your results came in. She only agreed to let you stay on desk duty as long as I make sure that you don't work longer than six hours a day. Do you really want to risk your life and the life of our child just for a candy bar?"

Tony looked down and shoved his feet from one side to the other.

„No."

He muttered and went back to his desk, obviously resigned.

„Tony, we're all just looking out for you. I want you and the little one to be around for a very long time. Ok?"

Tony sighed and nodded. He knew Jethro was right and there was no point to argue. Even the one-candy-bar-a-day-arrangement was a big compromise as the doctor had phrased it. Of course Tony didn't want to risk a premature and the life of his child, but no sugar was a turture.
Chapter End Notes:
Something else (I can't stop, it seems...)
I didn't did a lot of research or anything. So if some facts are not fitting in, leave it. Forget it, don't mind it.