- Text Size +
Eight months.

Only one month to go. That was all that made Tony go on. By now he was really tempted to eat himself into a sugar coma if that would help him to finally get the baby. But Jethro was like a hound and Tony wouldn't want to mess with him. He really couldn't stand the sentence „it's all for your best" anymore. He sat at his desk totally annoyed. The team was out on a case and Ducky was there to keep him company but a pregnant man on sugar withdrawal wasn't exactly a concentrated listener.

Finally the elevator opened and Tony hoped to get some work to do but the team exited and among them was a boy around ten. Tony and Ducky stood as the little group approached them.

„Tony, Ducky, that's Markus. His father went UA this morning. We have to keep an eye on the boy."

Jethro explained but immidiatly started towards the back.

„Ziva, get me a full history. McGee, Ducky, come with me to Abby."

„And what about me?"

Tony called and Jethro shrugged.

„Keep the boy company."

For a moment Tony stared after his lover and then turned to the boy smiling.

„I don't like you."

Markus said and immidiatly went over to Ziva. Tony stood there frozen, looking at the place the boy had just stood. Jethro, McGee and Ducky were frozen aswell, and everybody was looking at the pregnant man now. Tony's breath became a little shorter and Jethro knew he hadn't had much time to react. Pushing the young man out of the office into the elevator, the doors closed just before Tony started to cry. Taking his man into his arms, Jethro tried his best to sooth the sobs.

„Shhhh, Tony. It's alright."

„Alright?"

Tony said between heavy sobs.

„How can you say that? A complete strange boy just said that he doesn't like me! Kids don't like me, Jethro. Our child won't like me."

„Tony, he never met you. You didn't say a single word to him. Believe me, he's a terrible brat!"

„I'm the one who's terrible. I'm terrible with children! Jesus, I can't even get a cat to like me!"

Tony turned out of the embrace and started to pace the small room up and down.

„I should never get children! Take it out!"

He said hysterically and pointed at his belly.

„That's a little late, don't you think?"

„That's not funny, Gibbs! I'll be the worst father ever!"

„Tony, that's absolutely impossible. You will be a great father. You will love our child and you'll do everything you can to make it happy. And our child will love you because that's what children do. They might don't like other adults, but they love their parents. Cats and other people's kids say nothing about your ability to be a father. I had the same fears when Kelly was on the way and I did make mistakes. And I know you will make mistakes. But together we can raise him or her to a really great person."

Tony sniffed and looked at him with big teary eyes.

„You really think I'll do ok?"

„You'll do great, Tony. There's noone else I'd rather wanted to be the father of my child."

Finally a little smile broke through the tears and Tony went back into Jethro's arms.