- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Follows What A Difference Two Years Make. 4 years later. I want to add the warning that the case will involve extrem cruelty and child abduction. If you think you can't stand the picture created don't read it.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Once more, summary for the whole story.

In the middle of the night Jethro gets a call from Fornell to join in on a case. But does he really know what he's getting himself and his family into with it?
ALISHIA ABIGAIL GIBBS!"

The words carried over the playground and let several mothers looked decidedly shocked as the silver haired man walked towards his daughter. Whereas all kids quickly went somewhere else one girl stood her ground and waited for her father to arrive. The two boys, who have been with said girl were vanished as if the ground had opened and swallowed them. The silence, which was already highly unusual on a playground, was absolute. Parents were wondering what the girl had done to enrage her father that much, the children knew. Gossip always travels fast, even in kindergarten, though, of course, it wasn't as half as bad as most of the kids thought.

Finally the huge man stood in front of the little girl, his hands pushed into his sides and he raised one silver eyebrow. She looked at him with big icy blue eyes and an almost innocent smile. He snorted and nodded towards the brunet man at the exit waiting for them. She sighed softly and made her way, followed by all eyes. Kids looked at her as if she was going to the gallows, some waved reluctantly at her as if they would never see her again. As she reached her other father he didn't say a word and just turned and they left the ground of the kindergarten.

„Hold it, Tony."

The silver haired man warned as they climbed into the car. Once they were out of sight of any parents or teachers the younger of the two couldn't hold it any longer and started to laugh. Confused the girl stared at her Daddy from the backseat.

„Tony."

Jethro said but it didn't hold any fire and a smile lurked around the corner of his mouth. He glanced into the rear view mirrow and saw that his daughter was looking extremely puzzled.

„Em...aren't you angry?"

„About what? I think it was hilarious! I wish I'd been there."

Tony laughed on the passenger seat. Jethro shook his head, his smile finally broke through.

„Where did you get the idea? Or better, who teached you to pick locks?"

The two men looked at eachother.

„Ziva."

„So, am I grounded?"

They shared another look and then sighed.

„Ok...you won't see anybody from your kindergarten the next two weeks. But you can play with your other friends. We have to make sure the other parents think you were grounded."

She nodded but still looked confused.

„So...you're not angry?"

„Well, Lish, you know that you shouldn't have done it. And we're making a clear point that you shouldn't have done it, but on the other hand, you only gave the toys out. But one is important. Picking locks is not alright, got me?"

Tony turned to look his daughter in the eyes.

„Yes, Daddy."

He nodded and turned back.

„So...what do we do now?"

„Not McDonalds."

Jethro answered curtly and threw Tony a look.

„Ok, how about KFC?"

„Sounds good, Lish?"

„Great!"






„So, I've went down into the evidence locker, and there was Sheryl, with a y. She was begging me for a date, don't know where she's been the last six years. The whole building knows that I'm married and still I get asked for dates. Anyway, after I told her that she'd have to ask you she was going round. It was meant as a joke, I tried to explain her that we have a daughter and are married and so on but she thought I was talking professional. Then, Maggie explained me that Sheryl was in the mental hospital after she went out with Tommy, and now she thought I'm Tommy...could have known when she called me Agent Tommy but I thought she's talking about Tim's book. Hey, has he told you that he's writing a sequel, again. Agent Dona and Tibbs are going to have a baby. Really, I don't know where he gets those ideas from."

„Stop!"

Tony and Lish looked up from their chicken wings and raised their eyebrows.

„Tony, you know I love you, but please, shut up."

Jethro pressed his fingers against his temples.

„You getting a headache?"

„Yeah...It's building since I woke up this morning."

Tony took another bite and then tilted his head.

„Well, you could tell the doc about it."

„The doc?"

„Yeah, Jethro, your doctor? You have an appointment tomorrow. Don't say you didn't know, I told you. And I made sure you're off tomorrow morning."

Tony grinned mischieve and took another chicken wing from Lish's basket.

„You're eating quite a lot, aren't you?"

The older man frowned as Tony munched away.

„Not more than usual."

Shaking his head Jethro took a sip of his coffee and returned to his own meal.
Chapter End Notes:
Follows What A Difference Two Years Make. 4 years later.
I want to add the warning that the case will involve extrem cruelty and child abduction. If you think you can't stand the picture created don't read it.