- Text Size +
Three solid days Tony and Jethro didn't talk more than absolutely necessary. Suddenly they went back to Gibbs and DiNozzo and everybody around knew that something had happened, and if they couldn't work out whatever it was, and soon, this could be the end of something they thought would last forever.

That day the bullpen was silent. Ziva and McGee were following tips they had received in the last days and weeks, but none of them really lead anywhere. But suddenly, from the stairs, loud voices arrived in the office.

„WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU DOING?"

„I DON'T THINK THAT'S ANY OF YOUR BUSINESS!"

„I'M STILL YOUR HUSBAND!!!"

The door flew open and Tony stormed into the bullpen. He slammed his backpack onto his desk and put his things into it.

„Where are you going?"

„I'm going to get my daughter!"

Tony said angrily but McGee and Ziva could see his hands shaking.

„You're on duty!"

The younger man looked up with a gaze as cold as ice. He took his gun from the drawer but instead of pushing it into its holster he put it on the table, his badge on top of it and pushed it towards Jethro.

„No...Tony, no!"

„Now I'm Tony, huh?"

He shouldered his pack and started towards the elevator.

„AGENT DINOZZO!"

The female voice was clearly pissed and Tony froze. Slowly he turned and saw Director Shepard standing on top of the stairs leading to MTAC.

„You and Agent Gibbs. My office."

As neither of the men moved she let out an exasperated sigh.

„NOW!"

Reluctantly and with as much distance as possible they went upstairs. She sat behind her desk and looked sternly at the men standing in front of her.

„I want to know why my agency suddenly seems like a bad soap opera."

Tony glanced at Jethro but didn't say a word. For a long moment she watched them.

„Ok, if you don't want to talk about it. Agent DiNozzo, I'm not accepting your resignation. You will finish your current case and if you still have the wish to leave Agent Gibbs‘ team we will talk about it then. Until then I'm expecting you two to behave like adults and work together. Dismissed."

The two turned around and left the office without any word. They sat behind their respective desks and worked silently.







„Daddy!"

He heard her cry and he knew he had to open this god damn door. But still his feet wouldn't move. His hand clenched around the knob and his knuckles turned white. His heart felt like a stone in his chest and with sheer will he pushed the door open.

His daughter sat in the middle of the room, blood and small body parts covered the floor almost completely and Lish was missing her hands and legs, blood steaming from the missing limps.






Tony sat upright and run off to the bathroom, his hand tightly in front of his mouth. He could hold it until he had reached a cabin. The splash of his vomit against the china of the toilet was deafened by the blood rushing in his ears.

He closed his eyes in a try to control his stomach but the retching continued. He couldn't hold it and after ten minutes it faded completely. His forehead was damp and his neck hurt but otherwise he didn't feel any different than all day. He exited the cabin but only reached the wall where he sat down, resting his head against the cold tiles. He felt somebody sit next to him but didn't open his eyes.

„Better?"

He nodded and swallowed hardly.

„What time is it?"

„4 am."

Came the prompt answer and he opened his eyes. The room wasn't spinning or anything and apart from his rough neck he felt completely fine. There was only one explanation for this.

„It's not completely unexpected."

Jethro said next to him. Tony smiled slightly as he recalled the night he had told Jethro that he was pregnant with Lish.

„And not completely unintented."

They looked at eachother and in that moment Tony knew that everything was forgotten and forgiven. All what mattered was their family and they just had to be reminded of that.

„But good."

They said together and smiled. Jethro's hand entwined with Tony's and the younger man put his head on his husband's shoulder. For a few pleasant moments their world seemed perfect again. But of course, their moment was destroyed as the door opened and McGee looked at them with big eyes.

„Are you ok?"

„Better than ok."

Tony mumbled and smiled sheepishly.