- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Tony finally admits his feelings for someone but it does not go the way he planned. One of the Agents ends up in bad shape over a death threat.
Tony had been at work all night and decided he would spend his night at their place, instead of at work after a long night and he slipped into her their apartment at about 1:00am.
Jeanne laid in bed staring at Tony and wondering if he had a bad day at work because he wasn't himself that's for sure.
" Tony, you okay?" Jeanne whispered half asleep and tired.
The whispering part gave Tony the chills.
" I'm fine Jeanne. I just had a rough day at work... I don't mean to be so quiet. I am just so confused." Tony replied back tired and feeling sorry for
giving her a wrong impression.
"About what Tony." Jeanne asked raising an eyebrow and lifting her head slightly.
" Nothing I should get you worried about it just has to do with work." He said reassuring her not to worry about it, when really it had to do with Ziva and the feeling she has been holding back from him.
"Okay, Tony just try and get some sleep for tomorrow." Jeanne said as she kissed him softly and cuddled up into his arm to go to sleep.
Tony just sighed and embraced her as he drifted off to sleep.

************ Tony's dream flash ************

Ziva is looking from behind her desk towards the elevator in the squad room and Gibbs soon starts yelling "get down!!"
Loud shots are heard as the glass windows are shattering, the glass starts falling and smoke filling the room.
The smoke starts clearing and Tony got up and checked on the team who were all alive but hurt

************ End of Tony's dream ************

Tony woke up scared but being careful not to alert Jeanne but she wakes up anyway.
" Tony what's wrong?" Jeanne asked scared for him.
Tony was trying to speak in the middle of catching his breath, but all he could see was the image of Ziva covered in blood.
This was one time that Tony ever woke up scared for someones life... especially someone close to him.
" Tony??... Tony?" Jeanne called to Tony who just wouldn't respond to her.
Tony snapped out of it and saw Jeanne looking at him worried and answered her.
" Nothing, just had a bad dream... I hope. What time is it?" Tony asked trying to catch his breath.
" 11:00am Tony..." Jeanne said looking at her watch.
" I'm late for work..." Tony said running around looking for all his clothes and gear.
Tony got in the bathroom and quickly brushed his teeth and got dressed and has fast as he said goodbye to Jeanne he was out the door.
At Headquarters everyone was doing desk work while Gibbs paced the room wondering why Tony hadn't shown up yet.
" He is probably busy boss just doing other things." McGee put in.
" I can see that McGee but he was supposed to be here 1 hour ago." Gibbs said.
Just at that moment Tony came through the elevator and walked to their desks.
He quickly apoligized to Gibbs and looked at Ziva's empty desk and got to work.
" Don't apoligize it's a ...." Gibbs started before he was cut off.
" Sign of weakness. We know boss." Tony said a little edgy as he cut him off.
" Well then don't let it happen again..." Gibbs said as he walked away to his desk.
" Sure thing boss..." Tony said as he looked back at his computer at flight arrivals and departures looking for when Ziva's flight lands.
" Good... that's good." Gibbs said as he picked up his phone.
" Yeah Gibbs... yeah we'll be right there. Gear up we're heading to Quantico. A
Marine was found dead while on a training exercise." Gibbs said as he grabbed his gear and gun.
Tony and McGee grabbed their gear and follwed him to the elevator.
" I hope this case doesn't take that long. I am really looking forward to going home tonight." McGee said as he walked into the elevator.
Gibbs and Tony just looked at each other confused and wondering what McGee was talking about.
" My sister is coming down tonight for dinner and I was really looking forward to seeing her since we last spoke. That was when I had to investigate her for that dead Marine." McGee finished just as they exited the elevator.
Gibbs stared at McGee with 'the stare" and McGee just told him there will be other nights to do that, work comes first.