- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
After making their choice they decide to break their news and work breaks the ice with a missing petty officer.
2 months had passed and Ziva had been out of the hospital for 15 days, the team already knew about the engagment but Gibbs was still not too kean abou the idea but he knew he could not stop them if they really loved each other that much. Ziva was about to take her painkillers,
She had been adviced by a doctor that after her departure from the hospital that she was to take painkillers till everything had healed and the discomfort was completely subsided. Tony followed her into the kitchen and gave her 2 painkillers and a glass of water. Ziva took the pills and swallowed them then headed into the livingroom.
" You know what Tony? " Ziva asked as she sat down on the couch.
" What? " Tony asked sitting beside her and wrapping his arm around her shoulder as she cuddled up to him.
" When you and I were just friends. I never thought we would be living together as a couple. " Ziva said giggling.
" I know, me too... but Ziva when you love someone and you are serious enough about your choices. Take action. " Tony said stroking her hair then placing his hand on her shoulder and rubbing her arm.
" Tony, I think we should get married soon... not right now but in a couple of months or so. Yes? " Ziva said looking up to face him.
" Yeah... yeah we should... a nice Jewish wedding with a Rabbi and -- " Tony rambled.
" No, " Ziva said sitting up.
" No?? " Tony said facing her.
" I want your kind of wedding. Something different... for once. " Ziva said smiling and pulling out a bridal magazine and asked if they should look for a dress for her.
" Sure... let's look. " Tony said and they sat on the couch for hours going through the book joking, laughing and writing down prices and item numbers. Until she came to one she really liked.. a white satin, strapless dress with an embroided shear lace cover on the bell part of the dress by Davinci Bridal Collections that extended over 15 feet back.
Then they ordered with the dress with white satin gloves by Perfect Details and a veil that would wrap perfectly around a bun in her hair with the rest of her bottom layers of her hair down.
" Oh, Tony this dress is so beautiful... " Ziva said showing him.
" What is the price and the item number for ordering? " Tony asked with a pen in hand.
" Umm... oh here it is. The dress plus all the accessories is $ 1, 525 and the item number is #WD2453467. " Ziva said reading the page.
" Alright we shall order that when the time is near and we have made our annoncement. " Tony said taking the book from her and laying it on the table.
" That's great when I go back to work we will announce it then. " Ziva said as she got up and walked into the kitchen to grab another glass of water. " Hey what type of food should we put on the list for the reception? " Ziva asked but Tony thought to himself that she might want to get sooner than she thinks, something in his gut told him they should.
Tony got on the phone that night to make with a church and a place for the reception. Tony wrote down times, dates and other important stuff and he wanted to surprise Ziva tomorrow at work.
The office had already been fixed but certain things were taking a little time like the elevators and the staircases at the elevators end.

The next day Tony went to work with Ziva and he stood in front of Gibbs while Ziva was at her desk.
" Would you like me to announce DiNozzo? " Gibbs asked taking off his glasses.
" Boss... Ziva and I are getting married... " Tony started and Ziva's eyes widened. " in two weeks. " Tony ended and Ziva was wide eyed more.
" Hey wait to go Tony... congratulations. " McGee said as he walked in on the last part.
" Thanks Probie... " Tony said with a smile.
" Congratulations Ziva on your upcoming wedding. " The Director said arriving in the bullpen as she heard Tony from the staircase.
" Thank you Director. " Ziva said as she stood by Tony's side.
" Where's the ring Ziva!! " Abby said as she ran up after McGee telling her on the phone.
Ziva held out her hand to reveal her ring to Abby and the Director. Gibbs came over to look and took her hand to look at it more.
" Oh my god Ziva, that is so gorgeous! I Better get a ring that big McGee... just kidding. " Abby said holding Ziva's hand to look closer.
" Really nice... wow. Nice choice Tony. " Director Shepard said holding the ring closer to her.
" Nice ring DiNozzo... really nice. Good work. " Gibbs said holding the ring to his face cause of his glasses then returning to his desk.
" Thanks boss. " Tony said as he kissed his fiancee on the side of her head. " I could not have made a better choice. " Tony finished.
" Now that our chats are done... we have a missing Petty Officer Joseph Duncan out of Jacksonville, FL. Navy Base.
Ziva pull his records from the naval databases. Tony, you and McGee get to that base and talk to the CO. " Gibbs instructed and Ziva sighed at the fact that she had just been sentenced to desk work due to an injury. ' This is ridiculous ' Ziva thought to herself but she knew she had to or she might cause trouble her herself internally.
She sat at her desk and pulled the mans records to see if he had any criminal history or anything suspicious, but nothing had come up... he was clean. Then came phone records... she noticed one call he had made several times in the last week to Manassas, Virginia to a Sgt. Mitchell McCabe. She pulled the number and located an address.
" Gibbs... " Ziva started until she was interrupted.
" Go get him... " Gibbs ended pointing to the elevator.
Ziva got up and grabbed her gear and ran for the elevator. In the car heading to Manassas she was thinking about what Tony had done for her and the only thing she could think of was it was so sweet of him and that she could not wait to get married.
Ziva arrived in Manassas and serached for the house she was supposed to find this person Mr. McCabe. She pulled upto the house and got out of her car with her badge ready and gun in the holder.
Ziva knocked on the door and a man that looked about 35-40, and pretty tall answered the door and he was caucasian with dark brown hair and light blue eyes.
" Can I help you? " The man asked.
" Mr. McCabe? *the man nods* Officer Ziva David, NCIS I want to ask you a few questions regarding a Petty Officer Joseph Duncan. " Ziva said as she flashed her badge then lowered it back to her pocket.
The man looked around freaked out and told her to come inside.
Inside the house Ziva sat down on the couch and when Mr. McCabe sat down she started to ask him her questions.
" When was the last time you saw the Petty Officer, Sergent? " Ziva asked with her leg crossed over.
" Not for at least a month Ma'am. " The Sergent told her. " Why is he in trouble ma'am? " he asked her.
" Why would say that Sergent? " Ziva asked raising her brow.
" NCIS would not come knocking at a Marines door for no reason Ma'am. " The sergent said as he got up from his chair.
" Well no Sergent, we wouldn't but the reason I am here is because, Petty Officer Duncan is missing. " Ziva said and the Sergent sat there frozen.