- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The Recpetion and a toast to his new life with the woman he loves.
At the reception which was held at Laurelwood Reception Hall in Washington, everyone was sitting and chatting with the bride and groom and one another. Then Tony stood tapping his champagne glass with a spoon and declared a toast.
" Everyone, if I may have you attention. I want to thank you all for attending this very special day for Ziva and I and we appreciate all of you being here. I would like to thank especially McGee who was my best man and Abby who was Ziva's maid of honor. Our little flower girls, Emily Fornell and my niece Sara David and most importantly our boss, Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs and our Director, Jennifer Shepard for making this all possible for us. We could not have done it without you, all of you. To my wife and all of you I propose a toast. Cheers! " Tony said as everyone repeated and drank to his proposal.
" Sante. " Jeanne says quietly as she remembers her date with Tony a the bar.
Then McGee came up to the microphone and announced the first dance of the bride and groom.
To the song 'Open Arms by Journey' and the lights went dim and the soft glow of dancing lights filled the room.
Tony and Ziva in each others arms danced so gracefully as they gazed into each others eyes so lovingly each remembering moments that they had shared together.

************************************************************

(Lying beside you, here in the dark
Feeling your heart beat with mind
Softly you whisper, youre so sincere
How could our love be so blind
We sailed on together
We drifted apart
And here you are by my side)

During this moment they remembered the first time they met in the bullpen and Tony introduces himself to her.
The moment undercover when they were lying in bed talking and she was laying on his chest.
Tony remembers the talk by the staircase and Ziva walking away.

(So now I come to you, with open arms
Nothing to hide, believe what I say
So here I am with open arms
Hoping you'll see what your love means to me
Open arms)

They remember Tony proposing to her in the hospital.
She says yes and kisses him.
She looks into his eyes and tears fall.
Tony wipes tears from her eyes.

(Living without you, living alone
This empty house seems so cold
Wanting to hold you, wanting you near
How much I wanted you home
But now that youve come back
Turned night into day
I need you to stay.)

Tony remembers all the times they shared together, locked in a carrier, undercover, and laughing in the office.
Ziva remembers the time she felt hurt when Tony was talking to Jeanne on his other phone.
They remember making love 2 weeks before the wedding

(So now I come to you, with open arms
Nothing to hide, believe what I say
So here I am with open arms
Hoping you'll see what your love means to me
Open arms)


Tony and Ziva wrapped in each others arms and her head on his shoulder, dance slowly for the rest of the song. After they danced to 'From This Moment On by Shania Twain' as others come in to join them, Gibbs and Hollis and everyone who brought someone with them. They cut their cake and had fun most of the night. This will surely be a night both of them will never forget for a day in their lives.

************************************************************