- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
They decide to tell the team their big news. After they spend time by the water till the sun goes down.
" I'm pregnant." Ziva said in front of everyone upstairs so fast everyone was in shock to hear it that quickly.
McGee was staring open mouthed at Ziva then at Tony and his eyes looked like they were going to buldge out of his skull.
"What're you staring at, McGeek? Back to work!" Tony barked, narrowing his eyes at McGee so he immediately hunched his shoulders over and began to type. Gibbs, on the other hand simply stared and smiled.
" Ziva, how long have you been pregnant? " Gibbs asked with his fingers taping his desk.
" ummm, 3 weeks. " Ziva said with her head down and turned to the side thinking he was mad.
" Your leave is effective 2 weeks before delievery. Congratulations. " Gibbs said smiling.
Ziva smiled and Tony got up and kissed his wife and they both in unison thanked Gibbs.
Tony kissed Ziva again then went back to their desks and smiled at each other.
That day nothing went wrong, no one had died, got hurt, went missing or got kidnapped... so NCIS had nothing to do but papaerwork.

That day after work Tony and Ziva were on their way home at 7pm, the sun was just beginning to set.
Tony saw an exit to the beach and quickly took a turn down the innerstate towards the beach.
" Tony, what are you doing? I thought we were going home? " Ziva said looking at the water and the beach.
" Taking you somewhere. " Tony said driving into the parking lot and parked the car.
Tony jumped out of the car and put his jacket in the car and took off his tie and unbuttoned his shirt.
" You want to go to the beach? Now? " Ziva said looking at Tony with a raised brow smiling.
" Sure, last one to the water is going in. " Tony said running to toward the stairs.
Ziva got out of the car, in her beautiful black summer dress and her black jewelled sandals and wearing a pair of dark brown shades and ran down the stairs after her husband. Ziva reached the water and saw no sign of Tony.
" Tony!... Tony!!.... Come on this isn't funny. " Ziva called and was starting to worry.
Tony jumped out from behind her and scared the life out of her. Tony had gone behind a bush get his clothes off down to his trunks, he wore them cause he knew they would be going to the beach. Ziva got off her dress, sunglasses and sandals down to her black bikini, she wore it because she could not find anything comfortable to wear below her dress. She was about to run into the water, then she saw Tony with a bucket he had found on the beach, full of water.
" Tony what are you going to... umm... do with that? " Ziva said backing up.
" Nothing much... just you know. " Tony said stepping towards Ziva pulling the bucket back.
" Ummm.... no, I have no idea. Tell me. " Ziva said backing up more.
" This * throws the water at Ziva* " Tony says lashing the water at her.
" Oh god, that's cold. That's it... your gonna get it. " Ziva said she darted back and ran at Tony knocking him into the water.
Instead of him going in alone he grabbed her gently around her stomach pulling her with him.
Tony rose above the water and their was no sign of Ziva anywhere.
" Awww come on Ziva. Don't do this to me! Please! I'll make it up to you! Promise! " Tony said looking around.
" Gotcha! " Ziva said as she jumped out from the water and put her arms around Tony's neck.
" God, Ziva you scared me. " Tony said as he jumped cause he was scared.
Ziva said she was sorry in a pouty voice and kissed down his neck.
" Okay, sorry won't cover that... *she continues kissing his neck* much. * Tony swings her around front into his arms* this is gonna cost you tonight, ya know. " Tony said with Ziva in his arms and she had her arms wrapped around his neck gently.
" I will do anything to make it up to you. But wait didn't you say you would do that. " Ziva said looking at him with a bedroom look.
" hmmmm, maybe. What about you go for a swim and we will go home and ya know... " Tony said holding Ziva up higher.
" Go for a swim? " Ziva asked.
" Yeah, plug your nose. " Tony said as he rose Ziva up higher.
Ziva knew what was coming and she plugged her nose and just in time as Tony threw he into the water.
It was safe they were out pretty far where there were no rocks, just sand.
Ziva came back up laughing and swam with her head above water back to Tony, he ducked down to her and they started kissing each other as the water gently hugged their bodies and the gentle waves streamed over their shoulders. Tony cradlled her head and Ziva wrapped her arms around Tony's neck, hugging him... with her legs around his waist and he passionately kissed her.
Then broke the kiss and started splashing each other and playing around in the water.
Evening had come and they had been laying on the beach. Ziva had gotten her dress on and her hair was dry now and curlier than usual, because her hair was wet before. Ziva stood there by the water with her hair blowing in the gentle breeze, staring out into the water, Ziva closed her eyes and listened to the waves on the rocks and opened her eyes to see the waves gently dancing on the water. The water was sparkling as the sun started to set on the horizon.
Tony came up behind her and wrapped his arms around the top of her chest and she placed her hands on his arms. Tony leaned in and kissed her neck and she turned her head and kissed him. They smiled at each other and kissed again before she turned back around to face the water. Ziva laid her head back on Tony's shoulder, and his head against hers, and they stood there together, in each others arms and watched the sunset.