- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Ziva goes to work in preparation for her maternity leave, but the visit takes an unexpected turn.
2 MONTHS LATER

Tony and Ziva laid in bed the night before work talking about her leave.
That day Tony had gone out and bought her a nice sage coloured maternity nightgown so she would feel comfortable at night.
" Tony, my leave is coming soon and I have not signed my forms or arranged for help after I go back to work. There is so much to do before I back to work. " Ziva said motioning her hands in the air before flopping them at her sides.
" Honey... baby... sweetheart, let's just worry about getting the baby outta ya first. Then we will worry about all the arrangements after during your leave from work. As for the papers do that tomorrow. " Tony said as he stroked her head to put her to sleep.
Ziva who was 8 months pregnant and at a good size by then, got up that moring and put on her blue maternity top that had white flowers on it and her black stretch capris and her jewelled sandals. Got in the car with Tony and they drove off to her last day of work.
As soon as they got to work she had gone up to the Directors office to fill out her Maternity Leave Forms, signed them and had them approved by the Director and her boss Gibbs. 4 hours after Ziva had done all she needed to do in preparation to go on her leave she sat at her desk in the bullpen, cradling her chin in her palms and looking out on the empty room. Ziva had been sentenced to desk work and she honestly missed the hustle and bustle of the crime scene. But she knew she could do nothing to endanger the life of her baby.
Craning her neck to look outside, she noticed that there were dark clouds moving in from the horizon, she heard they had been calling for storms and wondering when this baby would come so she could see it.
Tony and team were out on a crime investigation of a Marine Captain and that left Ziva in the building with Abby, the Director and Cynthia.
Ziva slipped into a memory of her wedding and the first dance and then the cutting of the cake, she really loved every moment of it.
Suddenly, her thoughts were interrupted by really sharp pain in her abdomen. Ziva gasped and clutched her stomach, and it did not last that long but then another one hit that hurt more than the last.
" Oh great, I'm in labor. But it's too early... oh no. " Ziva said as she reached for the phone but could not reach it without ripping pain stopping her. Scrambling towards the phone, she picked it up and dialed Tony's number quickly.
"Hello?" Tony said answering his phone as he finished packing the truck up.
"Tony? *she said breathing hard* the baby's coming!" Ziva said trying to stay calm.
"Ziva! Where are you?" Tony said stopping in his tracks.
" I'm in the -- *contaction hits and she screams in pain* Tony! " Ziva said as she clutched her belly.
" Ziva, breathe and tell me where you are! " Tony said running to his car.
"The bullpen. Get over here, and hurry, damnit!" Ziva slammed the phone down on the receiver and cringed again as another contraction hit making her double over at her desk.
" Hurry, Tony please hurry. " Ziva said quietly.
Tony hung up his phone and started to run towards Gibbs.
" Boss!!!!! " Tony said running to Gibbs.
" What DiNozzo? " Gibbs said turning around to face Tony.
" Ziva called, the baby's on it's way and it doesn't sound like she has a lot of time. " Tony said running to his car.
" LET'S GO! " Gibbs yelled to the team.

In the car Tony picked up his cellphone and called Jeanne, by then it started raining.
" Dr. Benoit. " Jeanne answered.
" Look Jeanne, I need you to put aside your differences and help me. " Tony said as he drove back to Headquarters.
" Tony, I told you I -- " Jeanne started until Tony interrputed her panicking.
" Jeanne, please Ziva is at work in labor and she is alone. I need a doctor there to help her Jeanne and you are the only doctor I trust. Please she doesn't have a lot of time. " Tony said begging and waiting for an answer.
" *sighs* Alright. Where is the Navy Yard Tony? " Jeanne said with a pen and paper ready.
" 716 Sicard Street. Thank you Jeanne. " Tony said smiling.
" No problem Tony, I'll be there as soon as I can. " Jeanne said and hung up the phone and ran for her station.
Jeanne arrived at the nurses station and grabbed her bag.
" Carly I need you to watch the station, I have an emergency at the NCIS Navy Yard. " Jeanne said in a hurry.
" What is the emergency Dr. Benoit? " Carly asked getting up.
" An Agent is in labor at the Navy Yard and alone... I got word from Tony and he is on his way there now. What is the date and time Carly?" Jeanne explained looking for her gloves.
" It is August 4th at 2:45pm. Is it Tony's wife? Oh, your gloves are in you pocket Dr. Benoit. " Carly pointed.
" Thank you Carly and yes it is his wife, Ziva. I went to their wedding last year December 1rst. " Jeanne finished packing and started for the door.
" Thanks Carly, if you need to ask me anything call my cell. " Jeanne said running out the door and down the stairs.