- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Ziva waits for her husband to arrive to be with her. A doctor arrives to deliver the baby.
At the bullpen Ziva's contactions were 2 minutes apart and she was sweating a lot and it was storming.
" Oh god, where is he? Owww god. " Ziva said as she sat forward in her chair clutching her aching belly.
The elevator dinged and Abby came out and saw Ziva hunched over.
" Ziva! " Abby yelled as she ran over.
" Abby... the baby's coming... where's Tony? " Ziva said panting hard.
" Not here yet... come on let's sit you down here. " Abby said taking Ziva's arm and sitting her on the floor. " DIRECTOR! " Abby yelled loudly nearly making Ziva deaf.
The Director came to the stairs and saw what was going on, she ran back to her office and grabbed a towel, blanket and pillows.
On the way down she ordered Cynthia to put the squadroom on lockdown until further notice.
" Sit up Ziva. " The Director instructed as she put the pillows behind her head " now lay back. " and Ziva laid back as Jenn put the blanket over her.
Abby went underneath the blankets and slid off Ziva's stetch capris and covered her up and heard the elevator open.
" Ziva!! " Tony yelled as he rushed over to his ailing wife, who's legs were shaking.
" Tony, thank god you're here. It hurts. " Ziva said holding her stomach with one hand then holding her husbands hand with the other.
" I know honey. Just breathe. " Tony said as he laid behind her then he put his legs at both sides and laid her back gently and started stroking her head in soft motions while she was breathing.
Director Shepard had cleared the squadroom before Gibbs returned cause Gibbs would not want a big show and she knew they would not make it on time and if they tried Ziva would be giving birth in the ambulance or Shepard's car.
At that minute Ziva propped up in pain and started to breathe very fast and she groaned in pain.
" Jenn give me 3 towels fast. " Gibbs ordered, she handed them to him and he put one under Ziva and the others doubled up where the baby was coming out so the blood would not get on the floor when the baby was born.
" I have to push... oh god. " Ziva said and then Gibbs lifted the blanket and saw the opening stretching which meant the baby was coming down out of the birth canal.
" Okay Ziva, take a deep breath and push. " Gibbs instructed as he watched for the baby.
" Owww... " Ziva yelled as she took another breath for another push.
" good Ziva... keep coming. " Gibbs said as he watched, but the baby was not coming very quickly, Gibbs did not worry then.
Silence, all she could hear was her own gasps and grunts of pain, and Gibbs telling her to keep pushing.
Tony had called Jeanne on his way there and she rushed from the elevator without her stuff but, she did not want to turn back now.
" Get this thing out of me! " Ziva yelled as she gripped Tony's hand and pushed harder.
Ziva's face was turning red and she was groaning as she pushed, and she was really hurting and nearly out of breath.
" I'm not getting enough leverage to get the head through... Abby, Director. Get on both sides of her grab her legs and pull them back to the side up to her chest. " Jeanne instructed as she watched to make sure they did it right. " Okay Ziva now push hard. " Jeanne said as Abby and Jenn pulled her legs back.
Ziva screamed and threw her head back into Tony's chest in pain, the pain was more intense now that her legs were drawn back.
" Oh god, I can't. " Ziva said crying and slowly shaking her head.
" Yes you can honey... yes you can. " Tony said gripping her hand and leaning up as she pushed to make the pushing stronger.
Jeanne saw the baby coming out more and put her gloves on then cupped the sides around the baby's head guilding it out.
Ziva pushed more and more, the pain was so intense now that she was sweating badly.
" Come on Ziva! Push!! " Jeanne said as she tried to manouver the rest of the head out.
Ziva pushed as hard and as long as she could and the baby's head was not coming out any further.
Then as Jeanne saw the tip of the head coming out a little more she tried to cup the head, she told Ziva to give another good push until the tip emerged. With the next push Ziva started screaming loudly and a long one it was. Ziva threw her head back into Tony's chest again and her eyes flooded with tears, Tony felt bad for her... he really did. Tony hated seeing his wife in so much pain.
" Damn! " Jeanne said frustrated.
" What? What's wrong? Is the baby alright? " Tony panicked.
" Ziva's opening is too small. I'm going to have to try and push the skin back around the baby's head. " Jeanne said and saw Ziva was scared. Jeanne got a grip of the skin and tried to push it around the baby's head and started to carefully wiggle the baby's head loose, but it wasn't working.
" I don't have the sterile material to do an episiotomy *sigh*. " Jeanne started.
" A WHAT! " Tony shouted but not too loud.
" A procedure where a doctor cuts the womans skin down lateral towards her anal opening, but that right now is not possible. *thinks for a second while Ziva is panting and groaning in pain* I need you two to pull her legs more to the side and back more towards her chest. This baby is coming out today. Ready Ziva, 1,2,3 PUSH! " Jeanne instructed.
Ziva pushed more and more, the pain was so intense now that she was sweating badly and starting to bleed.
" McGee get her a cloth or something, " Abby pointed at the bathroom and gave him Tony's facecloth from his desk that he keeps for morning and handed it to Jeanne, who then pressed it against the bottom of her opening to stop it from tearing. McGee grabbed another one for Ziva's forehead, he ran for the bathroom and came back with it cold.
" Here ya go baby. " Tony said as he wiped Ziva's face down.
" Thank you... owwww... damnit! " Ziva said as the head came out.
" Heads out... Tony give me your pen, I forgot by bag in my car. " Jeanne said and Tony handed it to Gibbs.
Gibbs took it apart then gave it to Jeanne, who then put the pen holder in the baby's nose and sucked out the plugs and same with the mouth and she spat them out into a tissue.
Hollis came in the elevator and saw what Gibbs was doing and she was impressed that Gibbs would do something so sweet.
" Can I do anything? " Hollis asked.
" Yeah Holli, can you get me a fresh towel from the locker room in the training room and fast. " Gibbs said and Hollis was off in a hurry sprinting very fast down the stairs.
Ziva was just pushing the shoulders out as soon as Hollis was coming quickly down the corridor and then as soon as Hollis came back to the bullpen the baby slid right out.
" It's a girl Ziva! " McGee yelled excited.
Ziva fell back on Tony and he wiped her forehead that was sweating like crazy.
Jeanne delivered the placenta and but it into a Biohazard Bag and tied it tightly and cleaned off Ziva and checked her out to make sure she was okay and then covered her with the towel incase she leaked a little, which was called 'discharging'.
Abby and Jenn carefully put her legs down and covered her up with the blanket.
Then Tony kissed her softly while rocking her gently to try and ease the pain she was in.
Jeanne gave the baby to Hollis who carefully laid her on Ziva's desk and wrapped her up.
Hollis came over and gave the baby to Ziva.
" She is so beautiful Tony... just beautiful. " Ziva said looking at her beautiful little girl.
" Shalom my princess, you are so perfect. " Ziva finished as the baby opened her eyes and Tony looked at her and could not believe he did that with Ziva, they made a beautiful baby.
" She doesn't look anything like what you showed us Probie. " Tony said with tears in his eyes.
" Not at all Tony, she is much better looking than that. " McGee said looking at the little girl.
Sara and Kate entered the squadroom after Kate got the call that Ziva had gone into labor at Headquarters.
" Aunt Ziva! " Sara yelled as she ran over and sat by her.
" Shalom Lior, this is your new baby sister... Shyann. " Ziva said as Tony looked at her with a raised brow.
" I am adopting Sara, we are all she has left Tony. She will be my... our daughter. " Ziva continued as she stroked Sara's face.
" You're my mommy now! " Sara squeaked and she hugged Ziva and then kissed the baby gently.
" Hi Shyann... *giggles* " Sara said sitting by Ziva watching the baby.
" Shyann. I think that suits her Ziva. Nice choice. " Tony finished and he kissed his wife then his daughters.
" Shyann Dova David DiNozzo. " Ziva said looking at Tony.
Tony smiled and told her that was a beautiful name for her.