- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
After Ziva has been home for 3 weeks she must return to work. The baby is left with a nanny, who is not who she seems to be.
A few weeks later Ziva was at home in a padded rocking chair with the baby on a feeding pillow breastfeeding Shyann, singing to her in Hebrew. Shyann had beautiful big brown eyes and a full head of thin dark brown hair and was just as dark as her mother and father combined. They had finished the wall near her crib by painting more designs and putting her name on the wall in nice calligraphy in black paint with dark pink shadows.
" Hey, " Tony came in quietly walking over to his wife and kissed her and stroked the baby's head.
" hi, how was work? " Ziva asked Tony as lifted the baby to the blanket over her shoulder.
" It was good they all miss you and want to see photos of Shyann everytime I come in to work. Everyone knows me as the proud father, who's wife gave birth in the bullpen. " Tony said and that made Ziva laugh a little.
" Oh god I still can not believe that happened. I was so embarassed. But at that moment I could not have cared as long as she got here safely and she was alright. " Ziva said as she laid the baby in her arms and rocked the chair and started patting the baby's back.
They both looked down at Shyann who was sucking on her hand and looking at her mother and her father with her big brown eyes.
" I could not have asked for more than this Ziva. You, this beautiful daughter of ours and one we just adpoted. " Tony said walking around the nursery staring at all the work they had put into it.
" Me either Tony... me either. Our life is what you would call perfect. " Ziva said smiling at her husband.
" I start work tomorrow... " Ziva said sadly.
" What! Who told you this? You have only been off 3 weeks!! " Tony said angry.
" The Director. She said I could not be off so long. " Ziva said as she got up and put the baby in the crib.
" You get a month... how can you start --- " Tony started " it has been almost a month. " Tony ended.
" I know I called a nanny to watch the baby while we are at work. She is coming today. Her name is Debra Barlow. " Ziva said trying to remember what she had written on her notepad.
" Oh, that's good. I still feel skeptic having someone else watch our baby girl. " Tony said hugging Ziva from behind her as they both stared at the baby.
" I know Tony, but I need to go back to work. " Ziva said as she put her arms around Tony's arms.
The nanny did not arrive until the next morning but said she was sorry.
" We will hopefully be back sometime tonight. There are diapers upstairs and everything you need is in the nursery. There is breastmilk in the frdge, warm it -- " Ziva started as she gathered her gear.
" Do not worry madam, I will take excellent care of her. " The nanny said as they walked out the door, she gave a strange grin.

That morning at work it was the same hustle and bustle of the job, running around.
Everyone welcomed Ziva back and they started work right away with a crime scene of a woman who was murdered along with her 1 month old child. The thought of this scard Ziva, the only thing she thought of was her child.
" Oh god. " Was the only thing Tony could say at that moment.
" What do you think Duck? " Gibbs asked as he bent down by Ducky.
" This woman appeared to be strangled, the infant however has a hematoma on the left side of it's head... by the look I would say post-mortum to the baby's death which appears to be by suffication. The mother died after, the baby had died 2 hours before. " Ducky said then ordering Palmer to put them away in the truck.
Back at the bullpen the team was trying to find the murderer of the family. They had found a card in the woman's jacket and Abby was running a trace on it. Ziva was pulling records and Tony and McGee were searching the apartment for things that may link them to the killer.
Hours had passed and no one had said a word... the men were still out doing more searching.
They had called to say they would be out longer, so Ziva had no choice but to sit there bored.
Ziva sat talking on the phone with a few friends from Tel Aviv, she had known since she was a child.
Her one friend, Devine Malhiri, who was a Mossad Officer as well and was Ziva's partner Officer... was talking to her catching up.
" So tell me... what has become of you since you moved out of Israel, Ziva? " Devine asked Ziva.
" Well, I am married now and -- " Ziva started.
" Wait! married... to whom? " Devine asked excited.
" His name is Tony DiNozzo and we just had a baby, her name is Shyann Dova David DiNozzo. " Ziva said proudly.
" Oh my god Ziva, you have to send me some photos of your family. Speaking of family, how is Tali's daughter, Sara? " Devine asked sadly.
" She is fine, I finished the adoption work and she is now legally mine. " Ziva responed with a sad tone to her voice thinking about her sister.
" I miss Tali, she was such a nice girl. " Devine said and started to sob a little, but then she bucked up and cleared her throat.
" Me too... my sister was my life, she was all I really had left besides Ari. But Tali and I were a lot closer. " Ziva replied trying not to cry.
" Well Ziva, I better get back to work... Do you still have Tali's necklace? " Devine asked curiously.
" Ken.. why? " Ziva asked wondering why she would ask that.
" No reason I just thought... never mind. I am glad you have it with you. It meant a lot to her. " Devine said and moved with the phone to get her guns.
" Yes it did... and I will never take it off. I never have. I will let you go Devine... shalom! Shimri al kesher. " Ziva said and hung up the phone.
Ziva was just about to relax back in her chair when the doors to the stairwell busted open, scaring Ziva half to death and made her jump.
Abby ran upstairs yelling.
" Ziva!! Ziva!!! " That scared Ziva and she ran to her, with a bad feeling in her gut.
" What Abby? " Ziva said worried.
" The person who murdered the mother and child was a woman who lost a baby when she just gave birth, the woman is a nanny from Hush -- " Abby started.
" Hush Little Baby Services and her name is Debra Barlow. " Ziva said shocked.
" Yeah how did you know? " Abby said confused.
" She is our, she's the one watching Shyann. " Ziva said and ran off to the elevator with her gun.
Outside Ziva was running to her car when she spotted a black Sedan at the security gate... it was Gibbs and Tony, she ran into Tony crying histerically and her crying as really bad.
Tony heard his wife screaming and crying and knew something was wrong and started to run to her.
" Ziva what's wrong? " Tony ran up to her hugging her.
" She's..... gonna.... kill our baby... *Tony looks at her confused* our nanny! " Ziva cried histerically falling into Tony's arms.
Sara was safe she was with Kate while they were at work. It would take Kate a while before she ever wanted to go back to work.
" Oh no... BACKUP BOSS! " Gibbs heard the call and he and McGee ran for Gibbs' car.
Tony grabbed his gun and they ran for the car and drove off fast.
They arrived and they busted in the door and everyone spread out pointing their guns to secure the area.
No sound was heard... Ziva ran upstairs to head for the nursery and it was silent for a second.
Ziva reached the nursery, opened the door and looked at the crib and screamed.