- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The team races against time to find Shyann before she is killed.
Tony heard his wife scream and ran up the stairs as fast as he could.
In the nursery Ziva was leaning over the crib crying, Tony walked in and saw the baby was not there.
" Tony, she's gone...she's gonna die! " Ziva cried falling into her husbands arm.
" No , she is not going to die Ziva! We will get our little girl back! " Tony said gently rocking his histerically upset wife in his arms.
" BOSS... SHE'S GONE! Tony yelled downstairs.
" What do we do boss ?... Ziva is a wreck and we can not let her lose this child. They worked so hard for her. " McGee said standing in front of Gibbs.
" Tony... Ziva, we have to go back to the place we found the other two. NOW! " Gibbs yelled as Ziva and Tony raced downstairs.
They insisted that Gibbs lead them to the crime scene area and Tony and Ziva followed closely behind in their car.
On the way tony and Ziva could only hope for the best for their baby girl. Hoping she is alive and well and not hurt.
They arrived at the field and heard crying... a baby crying... loudly.
Ziva was about to dart when Gibbs stopped her and gave directions out as an order.
" Tony, Ziva cover 30 meters left. McGee you're with me. " Gibbs ordered as they moved.
They snuck around trying to not make any noise by breaking twigs or crunching leaves.
They reached a bush in sight of the woman about to put a bag over the baby's head.
" NCIS! DON'T MOVE! PUT THE BABY DOWN! " Gibbs yelled
" Not one step or she is gone. " Debra yelled as she slowly put a knife to the baby
Silence filled the area as Tony and Ziva had their guns positioned and they wanted to act carefully or their baby was dead.
McGee held his firearm tightly hoping he does not miss the killer and accidently hit Shyann.
Gibbs stared at the woman then Debra quickly tied a bag to the baby's throat over it's head.
Tony and Ziva both shot as well as McGee and Gibbs following and raced over to save their child.
" Boss, you're knife! " Tony yelled and Gibbs threw him his pocket knife and cut the baby loose from the bag.
" She's not breathing Boss!!! " Tony yelled and started doing compressions on her chest and breathing into her mouth.
Ziva was terrified she had lost her baby to a killer.
After one try Shyann started crying and Ziva raced over to her daughter.
Ziva picked up her daughter and hugged the crying baby.
" Oh my princess... *baby crying histerically* Shhhh... I am here now sweetheart. " Ziva was happy to see her daughter alive.
But still she was mad, excpet the woman was dead now so she was not worried about her coming after them.
Ziva stood there holding her daughter and started walking towards Gibbs.
" So, now do you think I should bring my daughter to work, Boss? " Ziva said staring coldly into his eyes.
" *sighs* Yeah, if you can find somewhere for her or find someone to watch her while you are on the field. " Gibbs said as he walked off.
Ziva stood there and stared at him walking away, then faced the body of the dead nanny remembering the vision of the dead mother and child.

******************************************************

*while flashing between Ducky talking and seeing the bodies laying on the ground.*

" This woman appeared to be strangled, the infant however has a hematoma on the left side of it's head... by the look I would say post-mortum to the baby's death which appears to be by suffication. The mother died after, the baby had died 2 hours before. "

* Ziva sees a vision of her and Shyann dead instead of the two bodies. *

******************************************************

Ziva could only have thought the worst if they had not have gotten there on time.
Tony got up and saw Ziva in shock.
" Tony that could have been me, and Shyann. " Ziva said with tears in her eyes.
" I know, but you're safe and so his Shyann, I promise we will be okay. " Tony says and kisses Ziva on the head and teels her he loves.
Ziva nods as her bottom lips shakes and trys not to cry, she looks at Shyann who is starting to settle down and fall asleep.