- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
After Shyann is saved by her parents and family, trouble still brews for the DiNozzo's.
In the bullpen, Tony was sitting at Ziva's desk with her caliming her down. Shyann was in her portable car seat sleeping on Ziva's desk, breathing so quietly and looking so peaceful. Ziva only wished she could feel like that right now, but after seeing your 3 week old baby held hostage... it is pretty hard to get over.
" Well, at least e were right about one thing Tony. " Ziva said as she leaned on Tony's shoulder.
" and what is that my dear? " Tony asked looking down at her.
" That nannies can not be trusted. Well, at least we can start taking Shyann to work with us from now on. " Ziva said as she stroked her daughters head.
" Yeah well, we won't have to worry about that anymore... no more nannies for the DiNozzos. We take care of our own. " Tony said.
" That's like a Shepard watching his flock by night. Yes? " Ziva said in religious comparison.
" Yeah... yeah I guess you can put it that way. Actually, that is kind of right. Yeah you got the idea. " Tony said thiking over the phrase.
Ziva looked proud knowing she got at least one slang term right.
The elevator dinged and Gibbs walked out and stormed up to the Directors office.
" someones gonna get it. " Tony said looking away and Ziva just looked as if she was thiking 'oh boy'.

Gibbs walked right by Cynthia who was getting sick of saying 'don't go in there', it was pointless now.
" What right do you have to do further investigation on my case? " Gibbs raised his voice saying.
" Which one? " The director asked giving a smirk.
" The frog... Jenn. " Gibbs said after closing the door.
" That is personal Jethro, I have right to all active investigations. I AM the Director of this Agency... am I not? " Jenn added before sitting at her desk leaning back in her chair.
" What's personal! The fact that you -- " Giibs started to yell before Jenn cut him off.
" found something you might want to know. " Jenn said holding a file.
" What! " Gibbs snapped.
" Apparently La Grenouille... aka The Frog, has a daughter who is a nurse at UNI Hospital. Her name is Doctor Jeanne Benoit. " Jenn said as Tony walked in the office. Tony remembers seeing Jeanne's father in the limo that day after escaping the hostage situation alive.


****************** FLASHBACK TO JEANNE'S FATHER ******************

" This must be Anthony DiNardo. Welcome to the family... professor. "

**********************************************************************************

" Director may I speak to you for a moment? " Tony slickly came in asking.
" Of course Tony, may you excuse us Jethro? " Jenn asked Gibbs and he walked out closing the door but not gently, as usual.
" La Grenouille, huh? Wow, I thought she was a nice person when I knew her. But then I met him face to face last year... with Jeanne. " Tony said looking out the Directors window.
" How did you know her name? " Jenn asked getting up and standing beside Tony looking at him shocked.
" Jeanne Benoit, she is my ex-girlfriend... since last year when Ziva was in the hospital. She worked at UNI Hospital on the 3rd floor. " Tony explained facing the Director.
" Did you get to know La Grenouille that well? " Jenn asked walking around her desk to stand across from Tony on the opposite side.
" He called me Anthony DiNardo, and that I was a professor. Weird huh? That is what I told Jeanne though... but I think La Grenouille already knows I am NCIS. Not affirmative though, Director. " Tony said pacing by the window.
" Understood, well this means we will have to do a private investigation to find out what he does know. Got it? " Jenn said sitting at her computer.
" Yes ma'am. 0500 tomorrow? " Tony asked about to leave.
" Yes, we need time to do some research... I will start now, but you will conitune with me tomorrow. " Jenn said and started typing.
" Ma'am? What if he does know and my family is in danger? " Tony asked scard.
" We will hire protection if it comes to that... for now we will see what we can find Tony. " Jenn said and dismissed him.
" Every well, Jenny. " Tony said and walked out.
The Director just stared at the computer worried that the whole Agency would be in trouble... again.

Tony looked at the Director for a moment and walked out closing the door carefully.
Tony arrived at the railing outside her office and leaned over and stared at the Squadroom remembering what happened here just last year.
He stared at his wife, who was playing with Sara and then sared over at his little Shyann, who was sleeping peacefully in her carrier.
Tony started towards the stairs and walked down and walked over to Ziva.
" Hey honey. " Tony said walking over and kissing her forehead.
" Hey, you ready to go home? " Ziva said, but noticed Tony was upset.
" Uh, yeah... I'm ready. " Tony said but he was not all there. In fact he was totally oblivious to everything around him, he was so scared.
" Tony, what's wrong? You're scaring me. " Ziva said worried and begging him to tell her.
" I'll tell you, I promise. Just give me time to find a way to explain it. " Tony said and picked up the baby carrier and they headed to the elevator.
Down in the parking lot, Tony had a feeling they were being watched... but he didn't know where this person was.
Ziva got the same feeling and cradled Sara in her arms sheilding her from whatever may come at them.
Tony quickly unlocked the back door and put the baby in the car seat holder and stapped her in.
Ziva picked up Sara and put her in her booster seat and buckled her up securely.
They both got in the car and went up to the security gate and handed them their ID badges and were soon cleared to go.
They drove along the innerstate and still no word from Tony about what had been bothering him.
Now she wondered to herself all the possibilities of what in the world could scare him so badly.
" Tony, I understand the silent treatment... no actually I don't. But I am your wife... not your partner Agent right now. I need to know if we are in trouble and need protection... please Tony. " Ziva begged.
" Ziva, we are not in trouble... I am just tired and just had a very long talk with the Director. " Tony said as he pulled into their driveway.
" Okay, but if you need to talk to me... I am here. " Ziva said and kissed Tony and got out of the car.
Tony grabbed Sara, who was sound asleep and craddled her in his arms and walked towards the door.
Ziva unbuckled the carrier and brought Shyann in the house.
Tony had gone and brought Sara into her room and got her in her nightgown and put her in bed. Tony kissed her on the head, turned on her rotating nightlight and turned off her light. Tony heard Ziva in the nursery and went in to find her changing the baby.
" Hey, I just put Sara to bed, she is out like a light. " Tony said and stroked his baby girls head softly.
" That's good, she looked tired. Can you throw this in the bin for me please and hand me a clean diaper. Thank you. " Ziva said and handed him the dirty one.
" Ewww, " Tony said as he threw it out in the bin, then grabbed another one and handed it to Ziva.
Ziva was just cleaning the baby when Tony came back over. She had wiped her, powdered her and now she was putting the diaper on her.
Ziva put her in a diaper shirt and picked her up and started rocking Shyann in her arms, before putting her in her crib.