- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
After the letter is received, Ziva is in a panic and a former Agent returns to help her team.
At that moment Zivas face fell and she all of a sudden became scared, but a good , loyal agent does not withhold information that could kill everyone in NCIS Headquarters so to speak. It was a risk Ziva had to take in order to save everyone.
" Ziva whats wrong?" Tony asked her worried
" I recieved a death threat from my country." Ziva said quietly to her team mates.
" From who Ziva..." Gibbs came over quickly and took the letter.
Everyone else quickly sat straight and were all scared for their own lives.
" McGee get upstairs to MTAC and contact the White House and the Pentagon." Gibbs called as McGee ran upstairs.
" Tony put the building on Red Alert and lock down." Gibbs called to Tony as he darted off.
" and I will phone up to Director Sheppard." Gibbs called as he picked up his phone.
Ziva sat scared to death clutching her niece and trembling.
" Ziva we are not going to let anything happen to you or Sara. We will protect you with our lives and take all the precaution we can."
Gibbs said reassuring Ziva that nothing will happen to her.

Everyone ran off to do as they were assigned to do.
Then the Director looked at Jethro worried without saying a word.
" Something you want to say... Jenny? " Gibbs asked as he took a sip of his coffee.
" We need more help on this matter Jethro... not just any help but people from different teams or locations..." Jenny started as she was cut off.
" I know just the people to help then..." Gibbs said as he picked up the reciever of the phone.
As Agent Cassie Yates arrived from the Norfolk Office location of NCIS, she had to turn over her case in order to help Gibbs and the team.
" How can we help Agent Gibbs? " Cassie asked Gibbs.
" Considering the situation of one of our Agents' lives being threatened yet again.. we need to have has many allies as we can get our hands on. " Gibbs said to Cassie.
" I have my team on standby in my location. What do we do now Gibbs? " Cassie asked scared but calm.
" We need to keep a close eye on Officer David... and make sure this bastard doesn't kill her and her niece. "
Gibbs said upset and scared for his Agent.
" I also have the norfolk team on standby, alert and lock down. Whatever is going on we can find someway to get more help. After all our team is at stake here. " Cassie added.

In that moment the team was in dispare and had no way to possibly stop this attack from happening, not having stronger authority to help them and having yet another agent killed... so they thought at least.

The elevator opened at that moment and all we can see is a pair of black heels walking to the squad room.
" I do believe you will need my help Gibbs. " A woman says from off screen. Gibbs looks back and his eyes widen and he smiles.
Gibbs turns right around and Kate is standing there behind him dressed in a white blouse and black jacket and black skirt.
" Don't look so surprised Gibbs... you already knew would be coming to help. " Kate said giggling a little.
" I know but why are you here now... we are all in danger Kate. " Gibbs said walking up to her.
" Yes, I know Gibbs... I reieved word from The White House, but you also told me to wait until an emergency and this is that time. " Kate said and sat in a chair by Ziva.
Kate took the letter and read the note and just looked at the letter with a strange look.
Then looked at Ziva with remorse and sorrow.
" Officer David, I am so sorry... I will use all of my strength and will power to defend you and this little girl. " Kate said as she put her hand on Ziva's shoulder.
" I have never had something scare me so badly...ever. " Ziva said trying to calm down.
" You are only scared because you probably never had your own life threatened.
What does the letter mean by 'his blood'? " Kate asked reading the letter.
Ziva took a deep breath cause she knew who it was referring to in the letter.
" Tony..." Ziva said as her eyes filled with tears.
" Why Tony!? " Kate asked mad but calm, at the fact that Tony's life was in danger as well.
" I don't know! I... I... I just don't know. " Ziva said as she started to cry.
" What did I do to deserve this and why now of all times when I just get back. " Ziva continued before breaking down.
" Don't worry Officer David, we will find a way to figure this out... while trying to stop this attack and keep DiNozzo's ass out of trouble and to keep
both of you alive." Kate said swinging the chair to face her keyboard.
Typing a note to the Secret Service about the new found information and after she headed towards the window to use her cellphone to call her oold boss Agent Baer.
" Coming back to work for us Kate? Gibbs asked coming up behind her.
" No, I am temporarily re-enstated, by the new Director, a woman no less, but not temporarily with the Secret Service and I don't understand why I was a damn good Agent and because I know you guys very well and who else better for Protection Detail.... only for this case since it does have to do with life and death." Kate said turning towards the window to respond to the other person on the other line.
" Don't forget Kate, with the Secret Service... you quit. " Gibbs said as he walked off.
" there is no need to rub it in Gibbs. " Kate yelled from her desk.
" Why would you quit that job? It is hard to achieve. " Ziva asked.
" I had to, I was having an affair with one of the crew members, he is dead now though. Been dead for 5 years. " Kate said focusing on her computer.