- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
After realizing what might happen Ziva confides in a friend.
While Kate was emailing other Officials across the United States, Ziva was on the phone with her friends in Tel Aviv wiggling her way around the situation to find some new information about this potential killer or killers.
Gibbs had assigned some other Agents to the case of the two dead Marines in Quantico.
Gibbs was too focused on the lives of his team to be worrying about something that happens everyday and less important.
" Jethro we have another team coming down to help us with our situation... Lt. Col. Hollis Mann and her team." The Director told Gibbs as she ran back upstairs to get back on the phones to more Officials.
Gibbs' eyes widened at the thought of his girlfriend being involved in a mess like this but, it was her job he thought to himself.
McGee came back to tell Gibbs he had contacted the White House and the Pentagon and Tony had done his job as well.
Gibbs ordered that all Agents stay in the building until further notice and that they know it is clear to leave.

It was now late at night and the team was scared to even go home at this point...
Tony started to set up his sleeping stuff by his desk... as did McGee and Gibbs.
Kate had gone up to help the Director with the calls and plans.
Ziva took her pillow from the plane and set a sleeping area for Sara, but Ziva did not want to sleep she was too scared.
She just sat at her desk and watched her niece sleep at the side of her desk.
Abby came up to Ziva and asked her how she was doing...
" How ya doin'?" Abby asked a worried Ziva.
" Scared Abby really scared... I mean I have never had my own life threatened... I mean I have threatened others but never had mine.... and I just said that *starts to get upset* but that doesn't matter... *starts to get more upset* I just want her to be safe... *starts to get more frustrated* I don't care if something happens to me I just want her to live! I am sick of people telling me what I do with my life... how I should live it and if I don't stop I will drive myself up the hall ..... god I am not making any sense." Ziva said in a big ramble.
Abby felt sorry for Ziva and for the third or fourth time hugged her but this time to comfort her.

After Abby had left to go down to her lab Ziva headed down to autopsy to see Ducky. If she was stressed, needed advice or just needed to talk, she would always see Ducky.
" Hello Ducky " Ziva said quietly and shaking with the letter in hand.
" Ahh, hello my --- * he paused as he turns around to face a terrified Ziva* dear lord, what's wrong my dear? " Ducky said hurrying over to her.
" I have been, umm... threaded. " Ziva said not thinking she was scared.
" Ahh of course, you mean threatened. " Ducky corrected.
Ziva just put her head down and cried.
" Oh, well how bad can it be? " Ducky asked wondering what was making Ziva cry.
Ziva lifted her head and handed Ducky the copy of the letter she was sent and wiped the tears from her eyes and under her nose.
" Oh my... *Ducky continues to read* but --- but who is this refering too? " Ducky says pointing at the last line.
" Tony, I am not guessing I know. " Ziva said sobbing in fear and Ducky gave her tea to help calm her.
" But how could you --- " Ducky said before she cut in.
" I spend a lot of time with Tony. " Ziva said looking at Ducky and reaching for the cup of tea Ducky poured for her.
" Well naturally, you are his... " Ducky said and again she cut in.
" No I spend more time with him, outside of work... going out, hanging around, talking on the phone and sometimes he would come over for a while to my apartment. " Ziva said looking away.
" Ahhh, well yes that would explain a lot more. But either way Ziva you have to tell Tony or he will get hurt as well if anything does happen. As this letter does not say much it gives the impression that someone will hurt you or Tony. For god sakes Ziva tell him. " Ducky ended
" I CAN'T!!! I can't tell him, if I do he might get more afraid and if it does come to this he might dodge a bullet for me or something. I do not want Tony to get hurt Ducky... I love him. " Ziva blurted.
" Oh dear... " Ducky started but with Ziva reacting.
" Oh god I should not have said that... I, ummm... don't mean... " Ziva said panicing because she knows the rules about co-workers dating.
" It's alright my dear, it's alright... no one will know. " Ducky said smiling which made Ziva feel better but not completely considering the situation.
" Go get some rest Ziva... stay with your niece and just rest... if you get stressed you not do yourself any good or your niece, or the team either. Just try to rest and calm down... if you need to talk I am hear Ziva. " Ducky said with a smile but also a worried look for her. Ziva got up and smiled at Ducky, hugged him and walked out of autopsy.