- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
After talking to Ducky, later that night all hell breaks loose. One Agent comes near death.
At the elevator she could not help but think about anything that might have started this when she went back home.
But she could not think of anything that would promote such an action, She got in the elevator thinking and thinking but nothing came to her, she remembered the letter said the first time... but the first time she was here she had to stop Gibbs from killing Ari... and that was all she was sent for that time around ' why would this happen now? ' ... ' how would they.... ' suddenly it hit her ' because I killed Ari' she put her hand to her mouth and walking out quickly to her desk.
She sat at her desk and just put her head in the hands and her face had turned red she was so mad. She pounded the desk startling everyone in the room around her and just kept hitting it in anger and rage that someone could be doing this to her and her family... and threatening someone she loved very much.
" Aunt Ziva... stop it!!! " Sara said looking at her with a worried look and her hands over her ears starting to cry.
Ziva saw how scared she was and picked her up and Sara wrapped her arms around Ziva's neck.
" I'm sorry lior *which in Hebrew means 'my light' * ... I'm sorry auntie Ziva is just scared right now. " Ziva said hugging her niece securly.
Tony could not help but notice she was terrified and asked her if she needed anything. Ziva just replied no put Sara in a craddle position to let her niece sleep safely and she thought of nothing but that letter for half the night.

It was 6:30am and Ziva could not wait she had to go and see what Abby had found out about the letter.
But when she got up the elevator doors opened and 3 men dressed in brown tan clothes holding automatic guns busted in yelling in Arabic to capture Ziva and take her away.. Ziva ran for the phone to press 'Emergency" and called in to warn everyone... around her people started running out and the team got up in a hurry.
Tony looked worried and the rest of the team was scared...Gibbs grabbed Sara who was yelling for her aunt, and ducked behind his desk and yelled...
"Get down!!"
As they were ducking down Tony watched Ziva and she looked at her niece then at Tony.... and watched the men running at her team.
Ziva ran at the attackers and pushed one in the elevator and then two down on the floor and struggled to keep them down... and Tony watching this made him think of what happened to Paula.

*********** Flashback of Paula staring at the bomb trigger and Tony standing by the wall ***********

"Ziva.... nooooo." Tony screamed.
One of the men through a small grenade into the room.
As the bomb exploded pieces of the ceiling started to cave in and where the bombs exploded put a hole in the floor.
Shots were fired as the other 2 more men enter the squad room, the team drew their guns and started to fire back.
Then loud shots are heard as the glass from the windows start falling and smoke keeps filling the room.
Even though the room was smoke-filled you can hear people screaming for help and pieces of the ceiling falling and cracking.
The smoke started to clear Tony got up and checked on the team who were all alive but hurt... there were some dead bodies around....and they were bleeding badly.... some were alive and scared and others were injured.
He got up and the men were gone but he looked for Ziva.... and there was a hole in the floor but no sign of her anywhere.
Gibbs got up and held his shoulder and looked around at his office and saw all the people who were dead and looked behind him.
The Director had been on her way down when the bomb went off and was lying on the staircase with her head covered.
Gibbs went over and told her it was okay to get up and she got up and was in shock by looking at what had happened... to her agency.
Gibbs got up from helping the Director and looked around 2 of the men were dead but one was in the elevator but most likely dead.
To be safe Gibbs sent two guards to the bottom floor to check the elevator shaft. Then he started calling for his team one by one.
" Tony! " Gibbs called out loudly.
" I'm alright boss. " Tony said quietly but loud enough that Gibbs could hear him.
" McGee.... McGEE!!! " Gibbs shouted out among the wreck.
" Yeah boss! I'm here. " McGee said as he got up.
Kate got up from behind her desk she had fallen behind and looked up and put her hands over her mouth in shock.
" Oh my god..." Kate said with her hands still covering her mouth.
Kate uncovered her mouth as she saw McGee trying to get up from underneath pieces of chunks of the ceiling that had fallen on him.
" Tim...! " Kate shouted as she went over and helped him up and she took his tissue wiped the blood from his forehead and asked him if he was okay.
Sara was looking around scared and saw no sign of her aunt Ziva... and she started to cry and called out for her aunt.
" Aunt Ziva!!!!" Sara kept calling her until Kate came to comfort her.
Tony looked around scared... ' did they take her? is she okay? what if she needs help? did she die? or is she alive but hurt? ' all of these thoughts were running through his head but each one scared him more than the last. Tony's fear had eventually turned into a panic and he started walking around looking for places she could be or places she could have fallen into.