- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The Team gets the news of Ziva's current condition and pray she will pull though.
Tony had been waiting in the hospital for hours and hours on end.
The director had came and so did everyone else on the team... even Kate had come to show her support to her new collegue.
Yes, Kate did get her job back at NCIS... and Gibbs now had 5 agents on his team.
Then finally a doctor came towards him.
"I am Doctor Harris, Doctor Gelfand will not be in today. I was the doctor in charge of Officer David, are you her collegues?"
They nodded as Gibbs told him he was her boss.
Director Shepard wanted to ask some questions but Gibbs shook his head no.
"How is she? Is she alright doc?" Tony asked
The doctor took off his surgical cap and sighed.. Tony only thought the worst at that point.
"We managed to fix her leg bone and stop most of the bleeding, but…"then for a moment he paused and said nothing for a while.
"Officer David had lost a lot of blood and went into full cardiac arrest on the operating table and was down 10 minutes" He said as he paused
"What?" Tony couldn't believe he might lose the only thing he loved in his life.
"We did manage to get her heart beating again, but…" The doctor stopped and took a deep breath.
"During the difficult process she had gone into a coma." He said and then apoligized to the team.
"Is she gonna be okay?" McGee asked the doctor
"She is quite stable right now, but still critical." The doctor said reading his chart.
"When will she wake up?" Tony asked still worried.
" I can only say, it is a matter of time but if you want to go home and rest I will let you know....." He said till Tony cut him off.
" I am not going home I am going to stay with Ziva... now where is she?" Tony demanded.
" Recovery...sir." He said as he pointed to the hallway.
They all sighed as Tony walked away..
"So what actually was the cause of all the bleeding sir?" Gibbs asked
"Officer David was stabbed multiple times with a sharp tool, my guess would be a knife, One in her chest area, which punctured her right lung near her heart, three times in the stomach, and 2 times in the back, and of course the broken bone in her leg. " The doctor finished and walked away.
The Team walked to the room where their Agent was lying there fighting to stay alive and where Tony sat by Ziva' bedside and prayed one day she would wake up and be healthy.... he sat all night and held her hand and refused to leave till she woke up.

1 hour passed and Jeanne came to see Tony after she heard from McGee that Ziva had been hurt.
Tony turned around to see his best friend standing at the door and walked up and hugged her teary eyed.
"I love Ziva so much Jeanne," Tony said, trying to hold back the tears.
Jeanne took this a friendship love... and not a true love comment.

Jeanne told him she will pull through and hugged him tightly for security, and Tony knew he had to strong for Ziva but he loved her too much.
He felt his eyes starting to water; and he knew that he had to let it out or it would just build up. A tear trickled down his face, and then a whole bunch more tears just ran down, then he eventually broke down at the thought that Ziva may not survive.
Tony remembered feeling this way the day Paula Cassidy had died.

Tony remembered how much Paula had meant to him, and all the things they had done together, and working together. Paula had sacrificed her life for all of them in that room. Tony even remembered all the times that he and Kate also had working and fighting even... he missed it all. He telling himself that he would not let the same thing happen to Ziva and have to fill his head with more painful memories... but yet Tony was grateful to be alive and if it had not been for Paula, he would not be alive right now to have this chance.

Jeanne sat on another chair and comforted Tony while he sat by Ziva's bedside... watching a machine breathe for her.
A couple of minutes had passed and Tony had said nothing...
" I remember when this happened to me... not this exactly but someone standing by me." Tony said holding Ziva's hands gently.
" What do you mean? " Jeanne asked Tony looking at him with a raied eyebrow.
" When I had Pneumonic Plague... Kate stayed with me every minute, she risked her own health to watch over me... but that is what a good partner does for their team mate... they look out for each other. " Tony said watching Ziva with tears running down his face.
Tony felt a wave of survivors guilt wash over him... he knew that it wasn't his fault... and he did try to stop her, but Tony still felt bad.
Jeanne told Tony she would stay with him all night if he needed her.