- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Tony finally gets to be with Ziva but something goes wrong that may cost her, her life.
Minutes turned into hours...

that turned into days...

that now turned into 1 week.

Tony had fallen asleep on Ziva's hand, still holding it tightly.
Ziva was still pale and had no colour to her skin.
Tony woke up to a tiny squeeze on his hand... Ziva was waking up.
" Doc...Doctor! " Tony yelled as the doctor came in.
The doctor told Ziva to take a deep breath and he took the tube out and put on a oxygen mask to help her breathe better.
But she was still breathing the same... weak, slowly, but the breathing had gotten better from not hardly breathing to a partially stable rhythm.
Ziva smiled weakly at Tony and he knew that meant thank you.
The doctor left after checking her vitals and blood pressure and recorded her progress, which was only the fact that she was awake.

Tony sat on a chair by Ziva's bed, holding her hand for the whole time she had been in a coma and he had not left that room since.
Jeanne brought him all he needed, food, water, and extra clothes and stuff like that.
"Tony…." She heard a soft, raspy, quiet voice.
"Yeah Ziva…" Tony said as he ran his hand down her cheek
"You're here... with me... but....wh-... why?" Ziva said in between deep, shallow breaths.
Tony had never felt so scared that she might die on him... and he didn't want to lose another person he cared about.
" I'm not going anywhere until you get better then I will take you home so I can take care of you " Tony said lovingly as he gave a forced smile.
She squeezed his hand telling him she understood him and that she agreed.
Ziva's breathing was becoming more and more shallow and her throat was dry which caused her to cough a lot which hurt cause she could barely breathe.
" I Can-…. can't… I can't...." Ziva panicked trying to catch whatever breath she could.
"Shhh…." Tony said putting the mask back over her mouth and stroking her head.
"Can you do something for me Tony." Ziva said after taking a little breath to be able to say this to him..
" Anything Ziva, just name it... " Tony said forcing a smile on his face again to fight back crying so he won't upset Ziva.
Ziva smiled weakly and said "…. Can you tell me something... I need to hear you say you love me " Ziva said quietly.
Tony felt more tears pouring from his eyes
" I don't ----" Tony said with his voice finally cracking.
Ziva smiled with her eyes tearing up.
" Will you tell me please?" Ziva said holding his hand a with a weak grip.
"Of course I will when the time is right" Tony said.
" I don't want to die Tony... I don't... " Ziva said crying softly.
" You won't die Ziva... you won't. " Tony said leaning in to hug Ziva to comfort her.

Tony felt his eyes burning from holding the tears back " and… get better because you are too special to me to die…I mean that you are just so.... I just... care for you so much.... you're my best friend Ziva. " Tony said finally breaking down.
Ziva put her hand on his head that had fallen on her lap, she could drown in the tears he was crying.
Ziva got it together enough to say this quietly, "and tell Gibbs…that it's been such a pleasure. Working for him…"
Tony cut her off " you will be able to tell him…you are going to get through this Ziva, you are a fighter, and you will not give up."
" Tony…. Please. " Ziva said as she sobbed.
" Tell him,….. He's been more then just a boss to me… he's been like another father to me and I thank him for making me the agent and the better woman I am today"
" Ziva…." Tony said putting his hand on her face.
" Will you do this for me" Ziva said as she grabbed his arm weakly
"…Yes. " Tony choked as he stroked her head trying to get her drink water... but it was small sips only for now.
" Thank you " Ziva said bringing Tony's hand up to her face and kissing it in appreciation for him helping her through this far.

A few minutes passed Ziva had started coughing lightly again...
But it was ruined when Ziva broke out into a series of coughing fits.
"…Oh my god! " Tony said as wiped a little bit of blood away from her mouth.
" Come on Ziva you have to drink more water... you're throat is really dry. " Tony said holding the straw to her mouth.
Ziva took a sip and squeezed her eyes shut as another sharp pain shot through his chest
" Ziva… what's wrong... what is it...? " Tony said getting up and trying to figure out what she wanted.
".. Its hurts... oh god it hurts." Ziva said finding the strength to double over holding her chest.
" Doctor!!! HELP! " Tony yelled loudly.
Tony rushed back to her side and held her close to him.
The doctors came in to do what they could... meanwhile Tony is sitting by Ziva trying to calm her down.
" Ziva…" Tony started he knew in his heart... she was going to make it, but she was too weak and she no longer had the strength to keep fighting at least not for too much longer.
" I just… I just want you to know " Ziva started choking on her breath.
" NO!" Tony said shaking his head... " you are not giving up... you hear me... you are not going to die. "
" Please " Ziva said choking on her on tears. " Tony… I can't "
" Ziva! You will not die... you hear me... you.. will.. not.. die. " Tony said remebering what Gibbs had said to him that night he had Y-Pestis.
" We will have to take her to the OR... the stitching must have opened in one of her wounds in her chest... " The doctor explained.