- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
After Ziva arrives back from the OR she makes him promise her something.
Tony had waited for 3 hours...

Tony watched the time go by and wait for her to return, hopefully alive and looking a lot better than she did.
The doctors arrived back to recovery with Ziva... and explained to Tony that she was breathing better now and all the wounds were secured, but it would take a while for her colour to come back.
They left the room for her to rest, but Tony still would not leave her alone.
" You have so much to do in your life Ziva... and you are going to live to see it... you'll see. " Tony said showing
" thanks to you saving me yes.. I do now…" Ziva said reaching out for Tony with a strong hand... he knew she was going to make it now.
" I Love you! " Tony said kissing Ziva gently but with passion.
" you... what?…." Ziva said looking at Tony weirdly.
Tony buried his head in her stomach soaking the blanket with his tears.
Ziva softly ran her fingers through Tony's hair to calm him and seeing Tony cry like broke her heart and made her realize he did love her.. truly.
Ziva knew she was not going to leave him and realized... she did loved him.
"I Love you too, " Ziva said with a more natural voice but still a little bit quiet.. " Does Jeanne know about your feelings? " Ziva asked Tony lifting up his head slightly.
" I haven't told her yet. I can't find the words to say without hurting her more than she will when I tell her I am leaving her for you." Tony said with a sad look on his face, but his heart was beaming with joy at the same time with love.
" Remember the day I told you that you were hiding behind all these jokes and I know what you're hiding from being hurt? " Ziva asked him with a more expression, because this was a serious conversation to her and she had to know if his intentions were true.
" Yeah. " Tony said sitting up on his chair.
" When I told you this I wanted you to see clearly and find your true feelings. Follow your heart, never let your thinking tell you differently because only your heart knows what you want more than anything. Tony you have to find a way to tell Jeanne the truth." Ziva said staring at Tony with a look of love and a soft smile.
Tony looked up into her eyes and smiled at her.
" I know what my heart wants... and I have got her right in front of me. " Tony said as he took Ziva's hand. " Ever since you had that conversation with me by the staircase after I ended my phone call with Jeanne. I thought of the one who I could not stand to live without to the one I could see me leaving in the future, so I saved myself that heartache and let my heart decide. "
" Why now ? " Ziva whispered sadly.
" I don't know…I just wish I had done something to help you " Tony said sadly. "Now…can we just. Think of all the things I want to do with you,
I want to take you skiing. "
" I... have never... " Ziva tried to say but she was out of breath from talking to much.
" That is sad, you will love it... and it's fun too. " Tony said as he smiled at her softly.

" Well it sounds fun... is it dangerous ? " Ziva asked out of curiosity.
" It can be but I will make sure you are safe, but I think you should start on the ground and not down hills when we go the first time. " Tony said with a little giggle.
" No I would like to go down a hill. I think it will be fun and also it is taking a risk I have not taken yet. " Ziva said trying to sit up a bit.
" Do you need help Ziva ? " Tony asked about to get up.
" Ummm, yes... if you don't mind? I just want to sit up a little bit, my back feels sore. " Ziva said putting her hands on the bedsides.
Tony carefully went under her arms and pulled her up a little and Ziva tightened her face and grunted in pain.
" Oh god did I hurt you. " Tony said as he put her down gently.
" No, my stitches just hurt anyway... but I don't need a sore back on top of it. Well my back is sore but not stiff sore... oh never mind you know what I mean. Don't you? " Ziva said as Tony pulled her blankets up to cover Ziva.
" Of course I do... over time I have learned to understand you... " Tony said laughing.
" Yes I know but my understanding of slang is better, but not everything always comes out... right. " Ziva said looking at Tony who was sad-faced.
Ziva knew something else was upsetting Tony and not telling her something...
" Come on. What's biting you? " Ziva said trying to get that one right aside from all the others she has said.
" What's eating me.. you mean. " Tony corrected her. " I hate seeing you like this... it kills me to see my partner like this.
All bruised and battered and well, wounded. " Tony said and he put his head in his hands.
Ziva took his hand told him;
" Tony, I will be alright now... because of you and believe me I will be able to bother you a lot more in the future. You mean more to me than a friend... you have been there for me in more ways than I can count and have never taken any of the moments that we had together for granted.
We will always be the best of friends Tony and we will be there for each other when ever we need it. Yes? "
" Yeah Ziva we will, you just concentrate on getting better okay. " Tony said and Ziva nodded and pulled up to hug Tony.
Tony hugged her back and then gently laid her down and turned off her light.
" Goodnight Ziva, see you in the morning. " Tony whispered.
" Goodnight Tony... " Ziva said quietly as she turned her head to lay back on her pillow.
Tony looked at her for a moment and smiled knowing she would survive and he could leave her alone for the night and nothing would go wrong.
Tony walked out and standing there was Jeanne waiting to take him home.