- Text Size +
Gibbs & DiNozzo walked into Abby's lab. Abby was in a sombre mood, there was no music playing. There were pieces of broken and burnt electronic equipment arranged on the bench.

"Ok what you got for me Abs?" Gibbs asked putting down a large Caff-Pow.

She looked at him and forced a smile. "Well the night vision camera was fitted with a remote control pan & tilt and a short range video transmitter."


"What was the range of the video transmitter Abs?" asked Tony.


"Not more than 2 kilometres." answered Abby swiftly. "The four Claymore mines were detonated by a similar transmitter. I found pieces of the trigger device and receiver in the evidence you recovered from the scene along with a remote operated two-way radio."


"So it was a trap from the start." stated Gibbs as McGee entered the lab.

"I found a report of a vehicle broken down on I-95 at the time of the explosion, a highway patrol officer stopped and checked the car and a man answering Ari's description told him that he was waiting for a breakdown recovery vehicle. He checked the driver's license and vehicle registration and they came back clean, registered in the name of Patrick McGohan. I have put out a BOLO, there was no breakdown recovery called." McGee said it all hardly taking a breath. He then stood looking worried.


"Good work McGee. Abs, see if you can find where the claymores came from. I'm going to see Ducky. DiNozzo, with me."


"On your six boss." said Tony following Gibbs out of the lab.
The elevator doors slid closed behind them.


"Damn it boss! Why wasn't Drake up front about the location of the meet?"


"Well he was a spy, in his line of work there are trust issues. We didn't exactly welcome him with open arms, so I guess he figured he was on his own."


"But if we had the right part of the park staked out we might have caught Ari."

"If he had told us the correct location for the meet we might have been blown up too DiNozzo. His way kept injuries to a minimum. People like Drake are trained to work alone. They are used to only trusting themselves."


The elevator doors slid open again and Gibbs followed by DiNozzo walked out and headed for the doors of the autopsy lab.