- Text Size +
Drake had not been having a lot of luck.
Apart from being dead he was having trouble with the few things he thought he knew about being a ghost.
He had tried four times to walk through the doors of the lab but with no luck although he could not move objects his body refused to pass through the doors. He was puzzled and a little confused.


He realised that Ducky was getting ready to go home for the night and not wanting to spend the night in the autopsy lab he decided to go with Ducky.
He followed him out of the lab and into the elevator.

Ducky was in sombre mood and spoke to no one on the way out of the building; he got into his car and started the engine.

Drake was perplexed as he tried again to pass through the door and again he just rebounded, the frustration was just too much and he shouted as loud as he could.


"For gods sake Ducky open the door!"

Ducky turned off the engine and got out of the car. He looked around with a puzzled expression on his face. Shaking his head very slightly he got back into the car. Whilst Ducky was looking around Drake climbed into the car and scooted across into the passenger seat.

Ducky parked the car in the driveway of his house; he got out of the car and closed the door before Drake even had a chance to think about it. So there he was locked in the car.

"Damn!" Drake said in frustration.

Ducky walked into the house through the front door.

"Hello mother I'm home." He greeted his mother as he walked into the sitting room; she was standing looking out of the window.

"Well I can see that you silly boy. I'm not senile yet, unlike you…" she said with a note of accusation in her voice.


"Mother what are you talking about?"

"You have locked your friend John in your car. That is just rude."

"Mother what are you talking about?" He stood beside her and looked at the car.

"Are you going to let him out?" she asked.


"There is no one in there." He said his voice tinged with concern.

Mrs. Mallard in an obvious temper walked to the front door taking Ducky's keys from the table and opening the front door she went straight to the passenger door and opened it.
"Come along John; come into the house and we'll make you a nice cup of tea."


Drake was so stunned he did not know what to say, he got out of the car. Mrs. Mallard closed the car door and locked it and walked back to the front door of the house. She turned around and looked at Drake.

"Come along silly boy, don't just stand there." She chuckled and walked into the house, holding open the front door and waiting for Drake.
He walked into the house and saw Ducky looking at Mrs. Mallard with an expression of acute concern on his face.

"Mother, what are you doing? John is not here…"


Mrs. Mallard cut him off mid sentence, "Oh come along Donald, have you boys had an argument? Come along and make up over a cup of tea." She smiled and tried to take Drake's hand, when her hand passed through Drake's she first looked puzzled then shocked.
She took three steps back and sat on an upholstered chair.


"Mother, are you alright?" Ducky rushed to his mother's side and took her hand in his.

"Donald, I'm afraid your friend is a ghost." she said, looking first at Ducky then at Drake.

"I got blown up. I think." said Drake looking at Mrs. Mallard.

Mrs. Mallard relayed Drake's comment to Ducky who looked stunned.

"But this is impossible, I don't believe in ghosts." said Ducky shaking his head.

Drake laughed, "That's ok Duck, I believe in you…."