- Text Size +
It was 0830 Tim, Tony and Ziva were all working quietly at their desks.
Director Roberts entered the bullpen holding a large filing box and went straight to Tony's Desk.

"Special Agent DiNozzo, can you tell me where I can find Special Agent Gibbs?"

Tony looked up and smiled "Director Roberts, it's good to see you."

Gillian looked at Tony with no sign of emotion. "This is not a social visit. Where is Gibbs?"

"I'm behind you." Gibbs said quietly standing just behind Gillian.

Turning on her heel to face Gibbs she handed him the filing box. "This is every thing that John Drake did whilst he was here. Funny how you only want to know about him after he is dead." Without saying another word Gillian strode out of the office and onto the elevator.

Gibbs put the filing box down on DiNozzo's desk. "We are taking over the investigation of Drakes murder."

"Umm its hardly a navy investigation boss." ventured DiNozzo

Gibbs stared at him

McGee spoke up, "He was British navy..."

"Retired." chimed in Ziva

Gibbs slammed his hand down on his desk. "He was murdered by the bastard and that makes it our case. Now start checking everything Drake looked into whilst he was here." Gibbs headed for the elevator.

-------

Jimmy Palmer was filing test results and making sure all was ready for a new day as Gibbs strode into the lab.

"Mr Palmer. Where is Dr. Mallard?"

"Errrr, ummm, I don't know, he's not here." Jimmy stammered. Gibbs made him nervous and it showed.

"I can see that! That's why I asked where he is." Gibbs turned on his heal and almost collided with Ducky as he walked into the lab.

"Good morning Jethro, Jimmy." Ducky walked passed Gibbs and went to hang his coat up.

"Have you got the results from Drakes autopsy? Was there anything other than the explosion that we should know about?" Asked Gibbs

"Like what? There were no drugs in his system, other than a small amount of scotch he had not consumed anything for several hours prior to his death.... What else can I tell you?" Ducky went about his business without another word.
Both Gibbs and palmer looked at Ducky with puzzled expressions.

"Is every thing ok Duck?" asked Gibbs looking rather concerned at the uncharacteristic behaviour of his friend.

"To be honest Jethro, I don't know what to think at the moment. I just spent the evening talking to John Drake through my mother..." Ducky carried on with his work whilst Gibbs and Palmer both just looked puzzled

"What??" asked Gibbs already knowing that he would regret asking.

"It seems that John has come back as a ghost.... I know it sounds crazy but mother was able to answer questions that only John would have known the answers to." Ducky looked worried.

"This is going to be a long day." said Gibbs "I need a coffee or two, you want to join me and tell me all about it Duck?"

there was a rapid exchange of facial expressions. Jimmy looked worried and Ducky's expression became one of puzzlement.

"Thank you Jethro, I think that might help. You can mind the store for a while Mr Palmer." said Ducky as he and Gibbs left the lab.

"I think I have woken up in Bizarro World." Muttered Palmer as he continued to file paper work.

-------