- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Tony wants a personal day off, Gibbs doesnt allow him coz they are in a middle of a case.But Tony take's his day off on his own.
"Boss.."

"No"

"but boss.."

"what part of ‘no' don't you understand Dinozzo"came the angry tone from Gibbs

"But I…"

"did you just call me a butt eye?" now receiving the death glare

"No boss" said Tony swallowing then smirking "well now that you mentioned it" Tony holding back his laughter and saying "I did" trying to lighten up the situation and Gibbs temper.

"Ow!" said Tony when receiving a smack on the back of his head from his boss.

Should have kept my mouth shut Tony thought to himself.

"boss-" protested Tony indignantly. Gibbs silenced him with a look.

When Gibbs was about to yell back at Tony, his cell rang … "Gibbs…" walking away from Tony's desk and made his way to his own desk still on the phone.

"You've got a death wish Tony?" came Kate's voice from behind her desk giggling and wiping the tears that fell from her eyes from the situation that went by between her Senior Field Agent and her Boss a second ago. It was unbelievable, Tony back answering Gibbs was a suicidal thing.

"I need a personal day off Ka-" said Tony when Gibbs cut him off

" we've got a case, a marine found dead in his house, his wife discovered the body, Dinozzo! Fetch the gear, Kate! Get McGee and meet us in five!" giving quick details and barking orders as he slipped to the elevator, having his Agents right behind him.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As soon as they reached the crime scene Gibbs gave orders for each of the team member‘s, Kate to do the sketch and McGee for fingerprints plus bag and tag and Tony to take photos.
Every agent was doing their job. Gibbs went to the body where Ducky was, kneeling and asked

"What can you tell me Duck?" said Gibbs from behind the ME shoulder.

"Six stab wounds on the chest as you see my friend" said the ME "hmm this reminds me of a case back in the 80's, did you know that when a person st-"

"Ducky! Time of death?" came the impatient voice from Gibbs.

"Well from the liver temperature, it was about 24 hours, I will know more when I take him back home Jethro" said the ME and Gibbs nodded and stood up straight walking away to where the grieving wife who was seated on a four step staircase just in front of the house.

"Mrs. Thompson" said Gibbs and started to interrogate the grieving wife.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tony was taking the pictures and made sure he doesn't miss a thing, something moving on the stairs caught his eye. Grinning when he saw a long tale disappear behind the walls upstairs.
"Wachya know, the Thompson family has a cat" he said to himself, pretty much audible

"What was that?" said Kate

'Did I say that loud?' Tony thought

"I said Katie , the Thompson family has a cat"

"ohh" said Kate uninterested and going back to work

As soon as Kate saw Tony going upstairs she said "Tony! Where are you going?"

He just gave her a grin and a face saying - give me a break-, but anyway she ignored him and went back to what she was doing coz anyway they will have to check the whole house and every spot to see if they can find anything that might help them solve the case.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After talking with the grieving wife, Gibbs went back inside to see if his team was finished. Seeing McGee still working on the prints and Kate on the sketch but Tony was not in sight .
"Kate, where is DiNozzo?"

"Chasing the Thompson cat upstairs" said Kate and in her thought she said, I smell trouble for you Tony frowning to herself

Gibbs raised his eyebrow, 'I haven't seen a cat here.' he said to himself.

At that time he heard a gunshot and the sound of broken glass from upstairs…