- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Tony settles with Gibbs. While Erberto thinks about his next approach.
As soon as Gibbs pulled up at the parking lot of NCIS headquarters he shook the sleeping Tony's shoulder to wake him up.

Stirring lightly Tony opened his eyes looking around with a confused expression. "I thought we we're gonna get my things to your place first."

"It's done." Said Gibbs with a smirk and getting out of the car.

Realization hit Tony when he saw the time, which is a couple hours forward since they left his apartment. That was embarrassing sleeping the whole time while Gibbs was driving. Not to mention Gibbs moving my things to his place. And Gibbs showered and changed his clothes while I was sleeping! In his car. Thought Tony.Shaking his head, Tony got out of the car and followed Gibbs into the elevator.

Special Agent Gibbs and DiNozzo both stepped in the bullpen heading to their desk. That actually surprised Kate when she saw them. She had a feeling that something was going on. But couldn't put it in place. Seeing Gibbs, he was his usual. Well a bit in a bad mood. So typical. As for Tony, he wasn't his usual at all. He seemed pale and exhausted which was clear that it's not his normal self.

Gibbs noticed that Tony was a bit slow on his feet but was glad that he wasn't as shaky as he was earlier. He is going to let Ducky check him up later and let him rest. And now he would keep an extra eye on him.

Gibbs saw the way Kate was gazing at Tony and knew she was going to comment something… soon. So he decided to distract her before she gets a chance to ask something none of them would answer. Cause he sensed that Tony doesn't want any of the other's of the team members know. Not now.

"Kate!" said Gibbs to get her attention. "Where is McGee?"

"Down with Abby."

"Any progress with the case?"

Kate sighs. "Not really." She knew it was the wrong thing to say. But she wished she could find something. Like a lead to close this case. It just seems that they are missing something. And the longer it took the longer they had to bare with Gibbs bad mood.

"Get back to work and get me something." Said Gibbs making his way out of the bullpen saying. "I need coffee."

The morning went slow. Thing's over the case was frustrating. Everything leads to a dead end. Hours later Gibbs took Tony to Ducky to check up on him. Tony wasn't happy but was grateful that Ducky ordered him for a nap. He did need it.

The rest of the team we're working with no progress. Gibbs was already on his seventh coffee that day. He sent Kate and McGee to interview Thompson wife. And go over the crime-scene to see what they were missing.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Working they did. The whole day. And now it was night. Gibbs looked at his team for a moment. Sighting to himself in frustration, he told them to go home and be up early on Monday morning. Every member of the team was glad that Gibbs didn't tell them to work on this weekend.
The ride to Gibbs place was quiet. It was very unusual to have Tony silent in a ride. Though Gibbs couldn't blame him.

Tony was leaning his head on the passenger window. Although his gaze was on the road but his thoughts were somewhere else. He was thinking, is he that safe with Gibbs? Will his father contact him? Why did his father snap so suddenly? There was something else his father wanted. Tony had the feeling that his father was up to something and he wanted the perfect excuse. And that excuse was for Tony to make the fist step. But what is it? Tony asked himself in his own thoughts.

After a while when they reached Gibbs place, both of them got settled in. Gibbs ordered pizza. Tony's favourite, and force-fed Tony.

Now Tony was sitting on the stairs of Gibbs basement while Gibbs was working on the boat.

Gibbs noticed Tony lost in thoughts, for the hundred time this day. It made Gibbs angry to see how Tony's father had this bad effect on his own son.

"DiNozzzo." Said Gibbs to get Tony's attention.

"DiNozzo." Repeated Gibbs a little louder when he got no reaction the first time.

"Huh?" replied Tony.

"Get some sleep. Use the spare bed-room upstairs."

"I'm not sleepy, boss."

"You're tired and you need some rest."

"But-" protested Tony.

"Should I call Ducky?" inturupted Gibbs picking up the phone in plain view of Tony ready to dial Ducky.

"NO!" said Tony rapidly gesturing his arms up in defeat with a low chuckle. "Geez Gibbs, Okay I'll go get some sleep." Said Tony. Obviously knowing what will happen if he disobeyed the doctor's order. He had seen Ducky's other side, and he didn't want to be in that situation anytime soon. Gibbs noticed Tony standing up but not making any attempt to move from his spot.

"You need me to tuck you in DiNozzo?" said Gibbs hiding his smirk.

"Very funny, Gibbs!" replied Tony rolling his eyes and going upstairs. Aware that Gibbs was smiling obviously to his success in making him go to bed.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Erberto DiNozzo was frustrated. He still can't find the right way to approach his own son. He knew he acted wrong but he couldn't help it. Lately he was being very violent on everyone he knew. Even in making business; although he has been known about his cold stone-heart. Nowadays it's becoming too extreme.
He loved winning. Everyone knew that. And the thought of losing is breaking him apart. He is dying. He can't deny it. And he is not enjoying it. ‘I have a lot to live for.' Erberto keeps on telling himself over and over. Although deep inside he knows he have been dead... years ago.

He need's some serious talking with his son, sometime soon. Maybe if he talks to him a little calmly. But, how will Tony react? He blew it off the first time. And now because of his unintended action, his son might not want to talk to him. Maybe Tony will think I am a threat to him? He swallowed hard. "Damn it! I have to make things right!..before its too late." he said to himself.

Sighing heavily. He made up his mind. He would give it a try, tomorrow.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After a few good couple of hours of working on the boat. Gibbs finally decided to call it a night. Before going to bed he quietly made his way up to check on Tony. It stunned him how warm his heart became seeing as how Tony was asleep. He looked so innocent and so very young. He sighed heavily since it was a very long time he had this exact feeling. He remembers how he and Shannon used to stare at their precious daughter Kelly before they went to sleep. It was so long ago. And losing both the love of his life, his only beloved family, devastated him completely. But now, he found a new family. His team. For that he was very grateful. And he always saw Tony as the son he never had. He never told anyone but he is sure atleast Ducky knows it, no words need to be said. He was glad enough for Tony to open up to him. And knew Tony had more things to say. But he won't push him to it, he will give him time and then Tony will himself spill it out.

Gibbs was now close to the bed where his senior agent was sleeping. He stroked a lock of Tony's hair away from his face careful not to wake him up and gave him a light kiss on the forehead before he went out of the room and to bed.





To be continued...
Chapter End Notes:
Here in this chapter, I tried to explain erberto's previous action. It's not that good but I tried.