- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The team goes for a night out at a pub. It was fun but trust Elberto to ruin it at the end. This chapter has a tate-ish, for tate fan ofcourse.
The next day Tony woke up due to a warm sensation on his face, opening his eyes he realized it was the suns rays that actually woke him up. Scanning at his surrounding the memories of the week came to him. He was in Gibbs place; that he noted. Smiling to himself on how Gibbs made him go to bed early last night. Glancing at the clock on the nightstand which glowed red 10:23 am. He was glad it was the weekend at last; since he really did need the rest.
Slowly rising from the bed, he was pleased that he felt better. Soreness was less, no dizziness and pretty strong. Making his way to the bathroom, seconds later he came out showered, shaved and totally freshened up. Amazing how showers give a positive affect for a human body he thought to himself.

As Tony was making his way downstairs to see where Gibbs was the smell of pancakes and coffee attacked his nose. That's what made his stomach growl and he realized how hungry he was.

"I see you are up." Said Gibbs who was leaning on the counter sipping coffee from his mug.

"And a good morning to you too boss!" greeted Tony cheerfully while making his way into the kitchen eyeing the food on the table.

Gibbs knew Tony would be getting up a little after ten that's why he started cooking at ten for Tony and himself to have breakfast. He didn't miss the way Tony was eyeing the food, which made him smirk. Open appetite he noted. Very good sign.

Tony didn't need an invitation. He sat down and started eating making short conversation here and there about a movie he'd seen and imitated some of his favourite quotations. On the other hand, Gibbs was actually glad for the company, especially that it is DiNozzo. Since he always looked up to him as the son he never had. And his job was to protect him.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The day went slow and very relaxing for both of them, having both men in the basement while Gibbs working on his boat and Tony talking non-stop about movies, chicks and cars. Usually it was annoying to Gibbs but this time it seemed…relaxing.

"…. Scarface is one of the best movie's I've ever seen boss! You should really see it, it's a bummer that Tony Montana died at the en…" Tony was cut by Gibbs ringing phone.
"Gibbs." Replied Gibbs.

"Boss-man!" Abby greeted cheerfully on the other line. "How is Tony? And my silver haired-fox?"

"DiNozzo's fine, and I'm close to shooting him if he doesn't shut up anytime soon." Said Gibbs with a smirk when he saw Tony pouting at what he just said.

"Awee! Don't threaten him Gibbs! He's… Tony!" said Abby chuckling.

"You called for a reason Abs? Or just a social call?"

"Well, I'm training my social skills…AND … you two are invited to the pub tonight, don't say no boss-man, we all are gonna be there!" said Abby

"Okay, we'll be there."

"ŻaaY!! … Oh! And say hi to Tony for me."

"Sure thing."

"And give him a kiss for me."

"What?" said Gibbs to the now dead line, obviously Abby hung up on him.

As soon as Gibbs closed his phone, Tony asked, "Abby?"

"Yeah."

"What did she want?"

"One, she says hi. Two, we will be hanging out tonight at the pub, everyone will be there."

"YES!!" yelled Tony with enthusiasm. He was looking forward to hang out with the team, it rarely happened and it's always FUN!


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Later, Gibbs was ready to go, making his way upstairs to check on DiNozzo to see if he's ready and get going to the pub.

Gibbs found Tony sitting on the edge of the bed, deep in thoughts. Probably about his father. Gibbs knew Tony was trying hard to not bring up his father in almost all conversations they made this day. Approching the bed, Gibbs sat next to Tony. Silence was the only thing in the room for a while.

Tony felt someone sitting next to him, he knew it was Gibbs due to the sawdust smell of him. He always felt safe when he's around Gibbs. Whishing so much that Gibbs was his father. Holding that thought. Then he shook his head.

Gibbs noticed Tony shaking his head, maybe he was thinking of something not good? Though he decided to give it a try. "What are you thinking?"

"About wearing a helmet in your house." Said Tony with a smirk; seeing Gibbs with a raised eyebrow he continued. "Due to the headslaps I'll be receiving here, don't you think I'll get concussion every now and then?" said Tony with pure innocence only to get a very hard smack to the back of his head. "Oww!! See! That's exactly my point!" he said rubbing his sore head but ended with both chuckling.

"So, you ready? We don't want to be late." Said Gibbs while standing up.

"Yup! Ready to go!" replied Tony also standing up next to Gibbs.

Before Gibbs made his way out the room, he stopped in his tracks in front of Tony and said "One more thing, Abby told me to pass on to you…" he leaned forward to Tony's face and gave him a light kiss on his forehead. "It's from Abby, not me." Turning around and leaving the room, making his way to the car leaving Tony alone with his thoughts.

Tony was frozen in his place wondering ‘what just happened?' "Wow! I must have hit my head on something, or this is a sign of a concussion." He said to himself with a chuckle.

"HEY, YOU COMING OR NOT?" yelled Gibbs from downstairs, who was obviously waiting for Tony.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kate, Abby, McGee and Ducky were all sitting in a round table there in the pub with drinks and talking to each other.

"Yeah! I'm sure you remember her McGee, she was in my birthday party called Susan." Said a very excited Abby.

"Yes, I remember her; the one that was drunk and feel down the stairs and hurt her ankle." Replied McGee.

"You have a very good memory my geek." Said Abby caressing McGee's cheek and smiling making him blush. He pushed her had away but very gently careful not to hurt her feelings.

"Abby please." Said McGee, which made Kate and Ducky laugh out loud on his bright red face from embarrassment.

"About that fall, I remember when I was in my youth I feel down the stairs chasing my neighbour's cat and I broke my ankle including two toes, it was really painful as far as I remember." Said Ducky with his usual British accent.

Before Ducky could say anything more. Abby got everyone's attention to the door, since she spotted Gibbs and Tony entering the pub. "Hey! Look, Gibbs and Tony made it!" she said with enthusiasm and waving her hand to get their attention and join them.

"It's about time." Said Ducky with a smile, sipping his drink.

As soon as Kate laid eyes on Tony she was drowning in him. Tony was dressed in a navy blue shirt that hugged his muscle body with black jeans. ‘Man, that guy can dress!' she thought to herself. He is so damn sexy and real hot!.

Abby noticed Kate staring at Tony with interest and bought a very huge ear-to-ear grin on her face. Poking Kate in the arm to get her attention Abby gave her a wink.

Knowing what Abby was referring to. "As if!" said Kate and sipped her drink to hide her blushing face. That only made Abby giggle.

"Hey guys!" greeted Tony cheerfully and took a seat on the rounded table next to Kate.

"I'll get Tony and myself drinks and I'll be back." Said Gibbs leaving the team in order to bring drinks.

"Anthony! You look good." Said Ducky eyeing Tony with a pleased nod.

"Yup! And feel good too!" replied Tony.

"So, Tony! Did you get my gift?" said Abby with a grin.

Tony looked at her for a second in confusion and then it hit him. The kiss! "Oh, yea." He said chuckling.

"Wait, wait!." Said Kate. Curiosity got the best of her. "What gift?"

"Katie-dear, this is between Abby and me." Said Tony noticeably winking at Abby.

Kate punched Tony in the ribs. "Ouch!" yelled Tony with annoyance. "You hit like a man!" remarked Tony only to get a smack to the back of the head that made him grimace. "What was that for?" he asked.

"One is for calling me Katie-dear." Stated Kate.

"And the second one is for annoying Kate." Stated Gibbs

Abby, McGee and Ducky laughed at the drama infront of them. Tony moved a bit pressing into Kate to make space for Gibbs in order to sit down next to him.

Kate was having a very hard time not to blush. The press of Tony's body to hers was affecting her; it was…a real good feeling. Kate knew behind Tony's juvenile behaviour lays a different Tony DiNozzo. It was obvious to her that Tony wanted people to see him the way he wanted. He was hiding himself under a mask. She is scared to dig deeper, not knowing why. When she locks eyes with him, she rarely see a glimpse of the real Tony under the mask, but somehow, he succeeds in covering it up. Every single time. It was frustrating to not know the real reason. But she is afraid if Tony didn't trust her to be in and talk to her.

Tony pressed his body purposely to Kate's more than necessary. Knowing he will get punched …again. Only this time it never happened, and he was actually grateful for it. He always had feelings for Kate only he tried not to show it, scared that Kate didn't feel that way and it might ruin their friendship. It wasn't that he didn't trust her. He did trust her. He just couldn't talk to her, not now. Though someday he would and he will. Just wait for the right time. Tony told himself.

The team was having a fun time together. Ducky story telling having Kate, Gibbs and McGee listening while Tony and Abby talking about movies.

A nice looking chick came to their table obviously into Tony since she was eyeing him since the moment he entered the pub. "Hey there handsome." She greeted in a sexy voice. "Wanna dance?"

"Sure thing babe." He said with his usual charming smile that no women could resist. Making his way to the dancing floor with this babe.

Kate was no longer hearing Ducky's story anymore. Her gaze was fixed on Tony who was dancing with someone else. The song played in the background was pretty slow which was the reason for their bodies touching and caressing each other, and it was noticeable that they were having a conversation due to the now and then giggle of both of them. Smiling to herself, Kate was happy to see that Tony was enjoying himself.

Abby excused herself to the girl's room and dragged Kate along with her leaving the guys on the table. Once inside the girl's room they started to adjust their make-up and hair.

"Someone is disappointed." Said Abby.

"What? What do you mean?" replied Kate.

"C'mon! you looked upset when Tony accepted to dance with that chick!" said Abby who was obviously observing Kate the whole time.

"I was not upset."

"And still is."

"No, I'm not!" denied Kate who was looking at her reflection through the mirror. She could see that she was lying to herself.

Abby who was now standing behind Kate put her arms around her and hugged her in order to give her comfort.
"You really are not upset Kate?"

Sighting to herself, she knew she couldn't lie to Abby. Since she started working at NCIS Abby and her have been best friends. "I am." She finally admitted.

"You can dance with McGee." Suggested Abby making Kate laugh.

"I'll pass." Said Kate, grateful that Abby was always there for her and knew what to say in any awkward situation.

"C'mon let's get out there and have some fun!" said Abby to Kate who nodded and went back to their table.

Kate was glad that Tony was back sitting at their table. Before she got to sit down Tony stood up and held his hands towards Kate.

"Shall we dance." Said Tony with a dramatic voice and ofcourse having his usual charming smile.

Kate couldn't believe it! She was so delighted. Eagerly she said "Sure." Taking his hand and both moving on to the dance floor not missing Abby motioning her lips to ‘Go Kate!' with two thumbs up.

It was like her prayers were answered, she wanted to dance with him and now here she is. Their bodies touching and pressing towards each other. His hands on her waist, hers on his shoulders. She can feel the strong muscles underneath. Their face was almost touching. She didn't really know what to say, and was grateful for the silence between them. Since no talking was actually very relaxing. And not to mention she is melting in his emerald eyes.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"C'mon McGee! Lets dance!" Abby said to McGee and pulling him up although he was protesting.

"No no no no, Abby no!" said McGee over and over repeatedly only to have Gibbs and Ducky laugh at him. Though Abby as usual won, she convinced McGee to dance with her.

"It seems our young friends are enjoying their time Jethro." observed Ducky.

"Can't agree more Duck." replied Gibbs with a smile watching his team on the dance floor. While Ducky soon started another of his famous stories.

Tony was really happy that Kate accepted to dance with him. He was actually touching her and she was actually not resisting. Glad, Tony was glad! And he's really enjoying his time with her. Wishing and praying this would never end. It was an awesome feeling.

Dancing together, Tony and Kate managed to go to the other side of the dance floor, where the rest of the team didn't have a full view of them. Abby did have full view of them though it didn't matter as long as McGee's back was to them. Tony's lips brushed over Kate's in a quick motion but it took a bit long until they were apart.

"Wow!" was the only thing Tony could say after that.

"Definitely, wow." Said Kate with a chuckle. "Though we need not speak of this ever!" she threatened.

"Noted." Said Tony. Although not really sure what actually happened. But had a huge grin on his face.

"Lose that grin DiNozzo, or you'll lose all your teeth." Kate kept of threatening which made Tony chuckle.

"Yes, Katie-dear!"

After a few songs Tony and Kate returned to their table joining Gibbs and Ducky followed later by Abby and a relieved McGee.

"Had fun probie?" Tony said eyeing McGee who gave him a look.

"Yes, I did."

"Good to know!"

The rest of the night went with having Tony, Kate and Abby getting wasted due to a drinking competition that started out with Tony and Abby. Ducky was the first one to go home cause after all he had to take care of his mother.

"Nature's ca..calling!" Tony announced making his way to the men's room managing not to fall over his face. After relieving himself, he made his way to the table where the rest of the team was. But something unexpected happen, his father popped up infront of him which made him back away.

"Get away from me." Said Tony backing up with unsteady feet.

"I just want to talk to you." Said Elberto. "You gotta listen to me."

"Stay away from me!" yelled Tony although his vision was blurry and unsteady and he was pretty drunk he was aware of what was happening. Feeling large arms around him pulling him roughly. He struggled against them with no use. His mind was telling him one thing he could do at his state and as ironic as it sounded it was the only thing he could do. He shouted. But no noise was made. Elbertos hands covered his mouth. Not only that. It was a cloth obviously with chloroform. Tony tried hard to struggle against it but he fell into unconsciousness.



To be continued...
Chapter End Notes:
Hey there everyone! I'm baack. Firstly, I want to thank all thoes who reviewed, thanx alot! Secondly, sorry for the late update, Thirdly, to make it up to you I made this chapter a bit long. And there its a bit tate-ish for all TATE fans.