- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Tony has his day off without Gibbs permission.
After finishing their work in the crime scene and the incident there, the team went back to the NCIS headquarters and the man who attacked Tony was bought back there too for interrogation. McGee was down with Abby in her lab helping out with the evidence, while Gibbs, Tony and Kate were at the bullpen.

"What did you find about the guy that attacked you Tony?" asked Gibbs from behind his desk.

"Frank Kabler." replied Tony eyes fixed on his computer unaware he drifted off to space in a second.

Gibbs waited impatiently as for Tony to say more, give some information about this Frank called guy.

"And…" said Gibbs who was now standing infront of Tony's desk which bought Tony to reality.

"And I need more time to dig up about him…" Gibbs couldn't blame Tony for not being able to find out any info about Frank cause they just reached the HQ a few min ago, so he will give Tony sometime to dig up.

"Better be quick."

"On it Boss!"

"Kate! I want everything about the Thompson family." said Gibbs facing Kate.

"Sure, working on it Gibbs."

"Good, I'll be in MTAC. When I'm back you two better have everything finished." and with that said he headed up to MTAC leaving Tony and Kate doing their jobs.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tony couldn't get it out of his mind. The previous case that they closed which were glad to get over with; had affected him and now this case too. The common thing about the cases is that the dead bodies had been stabbed. When the word stab comes in mind he gets this weird uncomfortable freaky shiver.

It brought up memories to the surface, that he took long to burry them. Memories about his mother… and father.

He tried to push the thoughts away and focus on his work but it was hard. And now he remembered after a year when his mother died, he put some of his favourite personal stuff's in a wooden box and buried it under the tree house in the backyard of the house he grew up in. And now he has this feeling telling him to go back there and get it.

It was four days till the weekend but he can't wait till then. He should go now.

Since Gibbs now wasn't around he might get a chance to slip out of the office. Although he knew he needed a good explanation but he will think about it later. Cause for now Act and think later!

"Kate." said Tony to the obviously working Kate, who was digging anything and everything about the Thompson family. But as usual Kate ignored him.

"Kate." he tried again to get her attention but still was ignored so he got up and stood in front of his desk.

"Ahem." He said, now making Kate look at him and smiled. God he loved that smile on her face but now is not the time for it.

"Oh, you needed something Tony." She asked and having him nod his head, which made her give him a question look.

"I need a favour." he said, which made Kate look at him for a few secounds and without words she knew it! He wanted her to dig up about Frank Kabler so that he would take the day off!

"Oh no, no no no there is no way I'm going to .."

"Please…"

"Tony, NO! "

"Oh C'mon Kate, please, I.."

"Don't." she said pointing her index finger on him to shush him up. "It's not gonna happen Tony."

"All you have to do is dig up about Frank Kabler! It's only one thing!"

"nononono, technically it's two things." Seeing the confused look on Tony's face "Digging up about Frank is one thing and covering your ass is another thing. Not to mention Gibbs is not going to kill you only, I'll be caught in the middle. There is no way I am going to.."

"Please." Tony cutted her and said it desperately and there was something in the way he said it that Kate couldn't make sure what it is but who can resist him.

"Fine." She finally said. Making Tony sighed in relieve and thanking her.

"Thank you!"

"You owe me!"

"I know." Tony said while he was heading towards the elevator and blowing Kate a flying kiss as the elevator doors closed.

Kate rolled her eyes while she saw the flying kiss, but couldnt help blushing. And she's glad no one is around to see her face turn read. Damn you DiNozzo!


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As soon as Tony was out of the office he made his destination to his hometown. He was now on a plane heading to this childhood home...