- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
A place that 'used' to be called home.
Now he was standing in front of his childhood home, a huge mansion he grew in for around eleven years. Everything before him is totally familiar; it's as if he never left. Passing through the gigantic gate's he made his way in.
"Stop right there!" suddenly a loud harsh with a British tone said. "If you move I'll shoot." The voice continued.

Tony couldn't help himself and gave a laugh making and turned to face the security guard. Giving him a huge smile. "Not bad for an old guy… Robert."

Robert. The long time security guard has been guarding the DiNozzo family for so long and had a strong relationship with Tony. Although Robert wasn't married but he used to treat Tony as the son he never had.

Robert just stared at Tony for a few seconds before putting down the gun. "Tony!" he said excitedly and went and gave him a warm welcome hug. "And I thought I might never see you my boy." Tony accepted the hug realizing he really did miss a lot of things. "You trying to get yourself killed young man?"

"Not really, but it would be an honour to die on your hands." Joked Tony only to receive a friendly slap to the shoulder.

"You bet." Said Robert laughing. "You here to see your father?"

"Not really."

"Good, because your father is not home. He might be in later tonight, or tomorrow. You know he's got business overseas."

"Yea, I know. " said Tony. After his mother died, his father's priority was his work. "I need to look around for a few minutes."

"Sure take your time."

"You need anything, I'll be here."

"Thanks."

"Anytime, just don't get lost kid." Joked Robert making Tony laugh; remembering the times he used to get lost either in the mansion or on it's outside grounds. Its really funny thinking about it now. Sighing to himself, knowing deep inside he missed the days he used to be here… with his family.

Tony took his time walking on the grounds of the place he ‘used' to call home until he ended just on spot. The so-called tree house; where he buried his personal stuff. He looked around for something that can make it easier to dig through the mud underneath his feet. Bingo! He found exactly what he needed just a few feet away from the tree house. With the shovel in hand he started digging.

As soon as he felt something hard he stopped and kneeled quickly brushing his hands on the ground to feel the top of the wooden box. His heart suddenly was beating faster and faster and he can feel his blood rushing in his head.

His eyes scanned the box, wondering if he should open it or not. He ran a shaky hand through his hair and swallowed hard. 'What is happening to me? Why am I shaking? Why am I afraid? He asked himself.'

Making his decision he held the box underneath his arms and made his way out of there, back to DC. To his small apartment where he felt safe.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As soon as Gibbs made his way down from MTAC. The first thing he noticed was Tony's empty desk.
"Where's Tony?"

"I..don't know." Said Kate only to have Gibbs stare at her like she knew exactly where he was. "What?" she said innocently after a moment.

"What did you find about the Thompson family?"

"Nothing much." Said Kate only to have Gibbs angry stare on her.

"I mean I did find something. But nothing out of place." She continued. "Normal family, he's been a marine for around six years. He's on vacation for around a month, obviously to stay with his wife."

Gibbs sighs. "Where is DiNozzo?"

"About Frank Kabler. A shock, he used to be Mrs Thompson ex-husband." Said Kate. "Seems like they are still in love?" questioned Kate hoping Gibbs would not ask again about Tony. ‘You are so dead Tony!' Said Kate to herself.

"So you know where DiNozzo is." Said Gibbs.

All Kate could do is sighed, "Not exactly, he left."

"Left? He left?" said Gibbs getting really pissed off. "Without my permission."

"Well he did want a day off, didn't he?"

Suddenly Kate almost jumped off her seat while Gibbs slammed his hand on her desk. "I didn't approve for that. Call him and tell him if his ass is not here in an hour, he better start looking for a new job." With that said Gibbs went to get coffee.

‘Wow! That went well.' Said Kate to herself and started dialing Tony.

Frustrated Kate slammed the phone for the seventeenth time.

"That's it! I am going to kill him." Said Kate angrily.

"I can't believe you actually accepted doing the job for Tony." Said McGee when she told him what happened as to why Gibbs mood was worsen.

"I can' believe it either. God! What on earth were I thinking!" said Kate burring her head in her hands in complete frustration. She knew that man could get to her. With just a smile. She always tries to not look into his eyes because if she does, she will definitely melt in his green eyes.

McGee put the phone down saying. "I can't still reach him either."

Gibbs came to his teamwork area heading to his desk. Seeing Tony's empty desk unsatisfied him. He need not ask, the answer came from McGee first…

"Tony's phone is turned off. But I did leave him the message in his voice mail."

"He is not answering his home phone, but I left messages there too." Said Kate.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When Tony reached his apartment it was around mid-night. He switched on the lights and sat on the sofa. The box in hand, he stared at it for a long time before he opened the box. And the first thing that met him was a family photo. His family. He remembers that day clearly…

Flashback..

"C'mon Erberto. You are going to miss the sunset." Sofia called her husband.

"On my way honey!" said Erberto heading to where his wife and son were sitting on a pier. As soon as he reached them he sat next to his wife. Picking up his still sitting son who was around six years old, pulling him over his lap. And there they three watched the beautiful sunset where the sun hits the earth. The beautiful horizon.

"Wow! This is awesome." Said the six years old excitedly watching the incredible sunset before his eyes. Its not like it's the first time he sees it, but this time its different, it's special. It's a family day out.

"You got that right sweetheart." Said Tony's mother smiling at him, leaning her head against her husband's strong shoulders.

End of Flashback
He flipped the photo knowing well what was written at the back of it. ‘Horizon' by his mother's handwriting. That day was special for all of them.

He fought the tears that threatened to fall, placing the photo on the sofa seat next to him to go through the other things inside…


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To be continued...