- Text Size +
The team gave up on contacting Tony for the rest of the day and went on with the investigation. Gibbs sent Kate and McGee to interview the neighbours and see if anyone has seen or heard anything suspicious the day of the murder.

Gibbs made his way down to Ducky. As soon as he entered autopsy as usual he heard Ducky ranting non-stop about one of his famous stories.

"…and that happened in my youth when I was full of energy but unfortunately the dead corpse I've seen affected me so much I couldn't sleep for nights…"

"Who would've guessed." Said Gibbs while making his way to the other side of the autopsy table that Dr. Mallard was working on.

"Jethro, what do I owe this visit."

"By telling me what you've got."

Before reporting to Gibbs about what he got, he gave a sample of something to his assistant. "Mr Palmer, up to Abby please."

"Yes doctor, right away." Replied Palmer making his way out of autopsy and to Abby's lab.

"Okay my friend, it seems that cause of death isn't stabbing after all." Said Ducky getting Gibbs full attention.

"Then what is the cause of death Duck?"

"Have a look at this Jethro." Said Ducky walking over the corner of the autopsy room to where the x-rays are visible. "Take a look at this." He continued saying while pointing at the x-ray he took from the chest of the body. "This my friend changes the theory of stabbing." Seeing the look on Gibbs face Ducky made his way back to where the body is and took out an item from the chest and put it in an evidence jar.

"A bullet." Said Gibbs noticing the object.

"Exactly." Agreed Ducky "someone took the trouble to take out the bullets out of the body after the shooting."

"With a knife."

"With a knife." Confirmed Ducky. "Though the person who did this either was in a hurry or was nervous that he forgot a couple of bullets in the body. And before you ask I've already sent a sample of the previous bullet I found to Abby, and now this will go up to Abby too."

Gibbs snatched the evidence jar from Ducky saying "I'll get it to her. Good work Duck."

Shaking his head disapproving on Gibbs behaviour "And here I thought Anthony was the juvenile over here."

As Gibbs made his way out of autopsy, he heard Ducky's comment and hit him making his way back into autopsy.

"Did I say something wrong?" said Ducky confused as to why Gibbs made his way back.

"Tony." Said Gibbs, and by the tone of it Ducky knew Gibbs wasn't here to talk with a co-worker, he was here talking with a friend.

"What about him?"

"Today, he seemed… I don't know. He kept pleading about wanting a day off."

"And you refused." Stated Ducky knowing his friends usual reaction.

"We are in the middle of a case Duck." Said Gibbs defending himself.

"Jethro, I don't know if you have noticed but, I feel like Tony is hiding something, or maybe he is affected by the previous case and this is just an aftermath. You can't blame the lad for it. If he needs a day off, give it to him. And don't push him hard."

Gibbs sighs heavily. "I guess you are right." And then making his way out of autopsy.

"Talk to him Jethro." Said Ducky before the doors closes, not sure if Gibbs heard him or not.

Before Gibbs made his way straight up to Abby's lab, he stopped by and bough Abby's usual Caff-Pow.

The loud music assaulted Gibbs ears before he even made his way into the lab. Making his way straight to the stereo and turning the music off. The sudden silence made Abby turn around from where she was working on the computer.

"Hey! I was listening to that!"

"Not anymore."

"Gibbs!" said Abby excitedly bouncing to him and snatching the Caff-pow from his hand and taking a long sip from it.

"What you've got Abs?"

"A caff-pow in hand."

"Abby!"

"Let's see.." said Abby walking over to where she was working before Gibbs entered the lab. "I'm running the bullet Ducky found in the dead guys chest but still no hits. And unfortunately there are no finger-prints on the bullet."

That said Gibbs put the other evidence jar that he just got from Ducky. "Try this."

"Another one. How.."

"Ask Ducky, he will fill you in." said Gibbs making his way out of Autopsy.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After placing the family photo next to him Tony started to check out the other things in the box he buried long time ago.
There were old ticket movies; which he used to hold on to. Although the writing on them has been faded he still remembers them. More pictures of his family on special events where there in the box, which brought up memories he thought he had forgotten. There were also playing cards. His mother was addicted to playing cards especially with these sets remembering his mother's favourite quote,

‘Protect the diamonds

Survive the clubs

Dig deep through the spades

Feel the hearts'

He couldn't hold his tears anymore. He cried. He cried himself to sleep.

It wasn't a sleep. It was more as a nap. He woke up after a couple hours realizing he fell asleep. Suddenly it hit him. He missed the only person who was alive … .his father.

Although his father kicked him out of the family from when he was twelve years old. And he wasn't there for him when he needed him. But he missed him. That's when he decided to write his father a letter...