- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Tony write's a letter to his dad.
Erberto DiNozzo was sitting behind his home work-desk. Staring at a small box in front of him with an envelope on top of it. He remembered Robert saying that his son was here taking a look around the mansion. Erberto shrugged the thought off so he couldn't think about it. But now from what was sitting in front of him he knew it was related to his son. Picking up the elegant envelope and opening it carefully to revel a letter and… a photo. Not any photo. A family photo. The horizon photo. All those memories he tried to burry them came flashing in his head, making him feel… grief. He kept this photo aside and picked up the letter opening it. And read…

Hey Dad,

I'm writing to you, not to tell you that I still hate you. Just to ask you how you feel. And how we feel apart. How this feel apart. Are you happy out there in this big wide world? Do you think about me? Do you miss mom? When you lay your head down. How do you sleep at night? Do you even wonder if I'm alright? I'm alright. I just wanted to tell you that it's been a long hard road without you by my side. Why weren't you there the nights that I cried? I lost mother and I lost you with her. It's not okay but I'm alright. I remember the day's you were a hero in my eyes but those are just a long lost memory of mine. I spend so many years learning how to survive without you. The days I spent were so cold and hungry were full of hate, I was so angry. The scars run deep inside this heart. And sometimes I forget, but this time. I'll admit. That I miss you. I miss you dad.

Tony

Protect the diamonds

Survive the clubs

Dig deep through the spades

Feel the hearts

PS: The stuff in the box. Used to be buried under the tree house, I'm sure Robert told you I stopped by. And thought you might need to know what's in it.

Erberto's heart was speeding up. He knew he wasn't even close to a father. He messed up his own son's life for throwing him away and not being there for him. He even didn't try contacting him from when his son was twelve years old. He doesn't blame Tony for contacting him now. He wanted to scream tell him he misses him too, he misses him so much. But he is ashamed of what he did. It's not easy. From when Sophia died, things changed. The love of his life is gone forever. He didn't know what to do. He couldn't live but he had to move on. It took a long time to get the image of his dead wife's stabbed body out of his mind. And that's when it hit him! Tony was just around eight years old when he saw his mother's dead stabbed body lying on the floor. 'Oh God! How could this pass me? A kid would be affected by an image like that a lifetime and three times of a grown up' Erberto said to himself burying his face in his hands. What have I done! He knew he messed up. And he really did feel guilty about it.

After taking a deep breath he opened the old wooden box that was in front of him. Revealing the contents in the box made his emotions grow and tears flow. Lots of pictures taken of the three of them on lots of different special events. His wife's favourite playing cards remembering the quote she used to say and how his son ended the letter he sent. He went through the box to reveal some old movie tickets in which they all used to hang out together. Remembering those wonderful days when he used to take his wife and kid to a movie night. Having Tony playing with them mini pop-corn fight. And always imitating the actors or any funny or special scenario of the movie. Those were definitely the happiest days of his life.

After going through all the things in the box he relaxed more in his chair, starring at them all shattered on his desk.Maybe this was the time to snap back to life. To finish his responsibility of taking care of his own son. It's never too late. It's now or never. And he made up his mind. He will contact his son. Soon.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The next morning the elevator doors opened to reveal Special Agent Anthony DiNozzo. Making his way to his desk he swung his bag on top of his desk and before making it to his chair Gibbs was in front of him with stern expression on his face which was clear he was angry.
"Morning Boss." Said Tony tiredly not at all interested in what Gibbs has to say.

Gibbs on the other hand noted the black bags underneath Tony's eyes, which he figured last night he didn't get any sleep at all. And the pale expression Tony wore made Gibbs a bit worry.

"You give yourself a day off again without my permission. You will be looking for a new job. You got that?" said Gibbs slowly and carefully and threateningly.

"Crystal."

"Good. Now get started with your work. Let Kate and McGee fill you up with the case."

"Yes boss."

"I'm going to get coffee." Said Gibbs and left the squad room.

Kate who was sitting behind her desk noticed Tony's pale appearance and started to say "Wow! You look like.." she started to think of a word that would fit the definition only to have Tony finish the sentence for her. "Crap."

"Yea."

"I feel like it too."

"No wonder." Said McGee from where he was behind his desk.

"What did you say Probie!" said Tony now getting annoyed.

"Nothing!" replied McGee.

"Nothing!" said Tony imitating McGee which made both Kate and McGee roll their eyes for Tony's behaviour.

Noting that Tony wasn't in the mood of anything at all they dropped the attitude and started filling Tony with the case.

Around later that afternoon as the team were still working on the case after lunch break Abby called them down to her lab cause she found something.

As the team entered Abby's lab Gibbs was the first to ask, "What you've got Abs."

"How about you guess?"

"Finger-print?" Gibbs said more as a sentence than a question.

"Ha! If you know the answer why ask the question?"

"Where would the fun be in it?" said Gibbs with a smile on his face.

Abby smiled back, "Okay boss-man! I got a hit on the second bullet Ducky pulled out from the dead body. And its… anyone wants to take a guess?"

"Frank Kabler." Said Kate.

"Nope." Replied Abby

"Mrs Thompson." Said Tony.

"Nope." Replied Tony

"A third party is involved?" said McGee.

"Yep."

"Are you going to tell us who is it exactly Abby or you will continue this guessing game with us?" said Gibbs impatiently.

"Drake Kabler." replied Abby with a huge smile on her face knowing she won this round.

"Drake Kabler? As in Franks brother?" asked McGee

"Yup!" replied Abby.

"Got an address?" Gibbs asked Abby.

"Uhuh." Said Abby giving Gibbs the address.

"Let's roll." Said Gibbs heading out but before he was even out of the lab Kate called out to him "Gibbs!"

On hearing Kate call out to him Gibbs turned around to face her obviously doesn't want to waste time "What is it Kate?"

"Drake Kabler is dead years ago." Kate said. Gibbs took some time letting that sink in then he said.

"Kate, McGee I want you two to pull files of all the Kablers and go through them if anything comes up tell me. DiNozzo! You're with me!"

"Where are we going boss?" Tony asked Gibbs.

"To have a chat with Mrs. Thompson."

As they were in the parking lot of NCIS HQ heading to Gibbs car, Gibbs noticing Tony was no longer on his tail he turned around to see Tony standing without moving staring at a man standing by an expensive Porsche.

Tony couldn't believe it. He certainly didn't expect to see or hear from him anytime soon. His father was just a few feet away from him. Although he haven't seen him since he was twelve but he sure did recognize him…
Chapter End Notes:
I used the lyrics of the song 'emotionless' by good charlotte to write the letter...