- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The unexpected twist.
The second Tony made eye contact with his father his heart started pounding so hard as if he just have run a marathon. He wasn't expecting to see his father any time soon. Or for that not even the rest of his life.

Gibbs noticed Tony's sudden change and it was definitely happening coz of that man Tony was now staring at.

"Tony! We don't have all day!" said Gibbs trying to get the young mans attention.

Getting Tony's attention worked, but when he turned to Gibbs, Gibbs could see lots of mixed emotions on his senior field agents face. Emotions of hurt, grief, sadness … and shock!

Who the hell is that man who can affect Tony like that? Gibbs question himself. He went to stand in front of the his car where Tony was standing, close enough to wear Tony would hear what he says next "Didn't anyone tell you that it's not polite to stare at people?"

Tony swallowed hard and shifted his gaze completely to Gibbs. He wanted to reply on Gibbs but he was in too much shock that he couldn't get anything out of his mouth. He forgot how to talk!

Taking a deep breath to calm himself and bringing up a shaky hand through his hair. A habit he recently adopted. Tony was totally unsure what to do now. If he goes to his father and talk to him ‘now'. Gibbs is going to ask lots of questions later and he just doesn't have the strength to tell him everything, not at the moment, not anytime soon. And if he ignores his father, God help him from his father's coming anger. So he went with the first option. Knowing he can hope that he could try to avoid Gibbs questions later.

"Gibbs, I think I need the day off." Said Tony looking straight in Gibbs eyes.

Gibbs saw the deep plead in Tony's eyes. How come he not gives him what he wanted? But he was curious. And needed some answers.

"Please." Begged Tony.

"Since you asked nicely…" before Gibbs could finish what he was saying Tony just hugged him making it a quickie and thanked him and went off to the man that was standing by the Porsche.

Even though the hug was a quickie, Gibbs felt the fast beat of Tony's heart. Something was not right at all. And this something bought him a bad feeling.

While Tony was making his way to where his father was, his father got in the car and started it. And when Tony approached more his father said "Get in." It was more like an order.

Tony hesitated for a second. After all these years, all he had to say to his son was freaking Get in!? Pushing the thought out of his head, he made his way to the passenger seat of his father's car.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As soon as the car Tony entered moved out of his sight Gibbs called Kate to join him to ask Mrs. Thompson some questions regarding the case.

While Kate was riding with Gibbs, she was curious as to why she was called, and where did Tony go?

"Umm, Gibbs. Where is Tony?"

"I gave him the rest of the day off."

"Why?"

"What do you mean why?"

"Why now? I mean you haven't allowed him then? " And at that moment it hit her. "Wait a minute! He took his day off yesterday." She said confused.

"You saw him today, he looked like crap." said Gibbs, hoping Kate will buy it and not ask any more questions about Tony.

"Well… you got that right." Said Kate and said nothing more for the rest of the ride.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As soon as Tony entered his father's car, the ride was silent. Tony didn't know if he should be grateful for the silent or not. It was kind of relaxing. But he was nervous. His father was elegantly and expensively dressed. As usual. Guess old habits never dies.

Not long his father broke the silence. "You're place or a fancy restaurant?" That came a sudden for Tony. "My place." Replied Tony and gave his father the directions.

When they reached Tony's place. Erberto DiNozzo was stunned by his son's apartment. It was clearly furnished by expensive furniture. "Good taste." He said.

"Mom's taste." Replied Tony. He and his father both knew that it was Tony's mothers taste cause after all the DiNozzo's residence is an enlarge image of this apartment. Tony really made a lot of effort in making his apartment in a way where he remembers his mother. Always.

"Why are you here dad?" asked Tony suddenly.

"You miss me. That's what you said in the letter."

"I miss you, but I don't recall me saying you to stop by. At any time."

That said bought a hard slap on his face, which almost made him lose his balance if he haven't leant on a nearby wall. Shock took over the pain of the slap.

"Don't you dare talk to me with that tone, Anthony! I am you're father."

"My father." Said Tony in a sarcasm tone. "A father that threw me out when I was twelve! A father who abandoned me. His own son when I needed you! A father who.." Tony couldn't finish what he was saying due to the other forceful slap to his cheek that made his ears ring. Hard.

Tony shook his head to clear his thoughts and looked straight to his father's eyes. Now he can see that his father was angry and really pissed off.

"At least I'm back now."

"What do you mean?" said Tony not liking where this conversation was going.

"I've been thinking. Maybe it's time for you to learn the business."

"What? Are you out of your mind?"

"The DiNozzo's enterprises needs someone after me, and it should be you."

"Excuse me, I do have a job and I love it, AND I am not leaving it."

Erberto DiNozzo had enough of his sons talking. And he got angry and started beating Tony over and over again and again.

Tony didn't expect what happened. His body parts were soon connected with his father's fists. And not soon he feel to the ground only to have his father kick him over and over ignoring Tony's pleads to stop until his moaning and groaning decreased and he fell unconscious.

After a few minutes Erberto DiNozzo stopped hitting his son due to the exhaustion he worked out. Swallowing hard and panting he just realized what he did. He just beat the crap out of his son. It is wrong but damn it felt good. 'This beats anger managment meetings' he said to himself with a laugh.

He kneeled down to where his unconscious son was lying on the floor and pulled him by his hair.Although he knew Tony won't be able to hear him he still whispered softly "I'll be back… later." And with that he went out of the door leaving his son with his awful condition.
Chapter End Notes:
Here in this chapter is something you haven't expected im sure... :D enjoy. Explanation might be in the coming chpater