- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Gibbs happens to stop by at Tony's place only to find him hurt. Read up and find out what happens.
Later that night Gibbs was sitting behind his desk. Even though he was not happy about the case for not progressing as he would like, but still he sent the whole team home to have some rest. Tomorrow he is going to ride them off until he finds the answers and close this case.
Sighing. Gibbs got himself ready to leave. Working on the boat a few hours before going to bed sounds like a good idea. Routine. But still good.

After gathering his things he made his way to the elevator, but before passing Tony and Kate's desk. He realized when Tony went with that man; he didn't come back here to pick up his things. So he picked up Tony's bag deciding he will drop it at Tony's apartment. And maybe he can use that moment to get some answers about that man he saw earlier that day.

After parking the car, Gibbs slid Tony's bag over his left shoulder and made his way to Tony's apartment.

When he reached Tony's apartment, he knocked the door. There was no answer. Gibbs tried to keep positive. Maybe he is sleeping. But his gut says its something else. Something negative. After knocking the door repeatedly without any answer Gibbs pulled out a spare key to Tony's apartment. He had spare keys to each and every member of his team. For situation's. Like this.

Before Gibbs turned the key he noticed that the door was unlock. That made him suspicious. His job skills kicked in and he pulled his gun out and carefully entered the apartment. The first thing he noticed was darkness, the place seemed dead, no living being in. As Gibbs made his way into the dark apartment he almost tripped on something. And that something moaned when his feet connected with it. Gibbs heart started racing. He immediately switched the light on and when his eye's laid on the prone body on the floor he actually gasped in surprise and shock.

Racing quickly on his knees, he kneeled down besides his senior field agent on the floor. "Tony! Tony can you hear me?" said Gibbs softly not wanting to startle the young man.

There was no respond to his calling so he shook Tony's shoulder gently only to get another moan.

Tony started to regain consciousness. And the first thing he was aware of was pain. The second thing which now got his attention was a sound. A familiar sound. A safe sound calling him. Opening his eye's slowly only to notice that he was lying on the floor. He felt someone shaking his shoulders. That hurt! And so he moaned.

Gibbs gave a sigh of relief when he saw Tony responding. Now Tony managed to turn his body and sit right up ofcourse with the help from Gibbs and managed to sit up by leaning on a near by wall.

Tony shook his head trying to clear his blur vision.

"Want to move to the couch? It's more comfortable." Said Gibbs. Tony agrees that the couch is more comfortable but right now he didn't want to move. His body is fully sore and moving is the last thing on his mind.

"Nuh, here's fine." Tony replied.

Gibbs was angry from the inside and made sure not to let Tony sense it. He was angry with the guy who beat up Tony in this way. He could bet his life that, the man Tony went with is responsible for this. But he needed to hear it from Tony. And then he will kick that man's ass. He will show him, no one messes with Tony and gets away with it. But right now he wanted to be sure Tony is not seriously injured. Tony's face was pale and it was clearly that he is exhausted and would fall asleep any second.

"Take off your shirt." Said Gibbs.

"What?"

"Should I really repeat myself?"

"No.." replied Tony with a sigh. There was no use to argue with Gibbs, cause after all he will give in at the end; so he started to take off his shirt wincing every now and then. Gibbs noticed Tony's wincing and decided to help him getting the shirt off.

The bruises covered Tony's abdomen. Promising fresh black and blue not long.

"C'mon we gotta get you to a hospital." Said Gibbs standing up.

"No!" replied Tony. "No hospitals!"

"Tony! You might have a cracked or broken rib and the way you can't move your arm. It might be broken."

"No hospitals, please." Pleaded Tony.

Gibbs looked Tony in the eye saying it's not a debate but he knew Tony didn't like hospitals. And finally he came to a decision "Fine, but I'll call Ducky."

At least it's better than the hospital said Tony to himself.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After a few minutes, Ducky has arrived and started checking out Tony. All the while Gibbs helped him here and there since in the middle of Ducky examining Tony, Tony fell asleep from exhaustion.
After Ducky was over with Tony, he and Gibbs managed to move the sleeping Tony from the floor to the bedroom after making sure moving him won't do any damage to any of the bruises that covered his body.

Before Ducky left Gibbs had a question to ask. "So, what do you think Duck? What caused those bruises?"

"The marks on his abdomen indicates that he was kicked repeatedly. And I don't know if you noticed or not Jethro that he has been slapped across his face a couple of time. It's not very noticeable but if you look clearly. You will see it." Said Ducky as he was making his way to leave the apartment.

And before Ducky was out of the door. He turned to Gibbs and asked him a question that bothered him. "Jethro, I'm afraid there is something disturbing me in this."

"And what is it?"

"There is no sign of defensive wounds, why didn't Anthony defend himself?"

That said, Gibbs hasn't even thought about it. That was something he really needed to ask Tony.

"Honestly, I don't know. I couldn't get anything out of him yet." Said Gibbs.

"Very well." Said Ducky. "I should be going. Let Anthony get all the rest, he need's it."

"Sure thing Duck." Said Gibbs, while the ME left.

Closing the door behind the ME, Gibbs made his way to Tony's bedroom and had a seat in a chair not far from Tony's bed. He didn't want to leave Tony alone.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tony stirred, obviously waking up from his sleep. His sore body made him re-play the event's of the day before in his mind and realizing he have passed out in front of Gibbs and Ducky, he felt embarrassed.
Looking at the clock on his nightstand he saw the time glow in bright red 04:23 am. He yawned and stretched wincing only to realize stretching was a bad idea. He shifted on the bed to lie on his side for a comfortable position and was surprised to find Gibbs sound asleep on a chair near by his bed. He actually smiled. Knowing as long as Gibbs was nearby he was safe.

Maybe he should tell Gibbs about his father. Gibbs would understand. He would help him get through this...