- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Tony opens up to Gibbs and tells him everything.
The next day early morning, Special Agent Todd and McGee were in the bullpen.

"Wow! We are in before Gibbs." Said Kate in amazement as soon as she settled behind her desk to start work on the Thompson case.

"Not to mention twice in a week." Pointed out McGee, he himself doing the same.

"You're right." Replied Kate.

Not long her phone started ringing and she picked it up. "Todd." She answered.

"Kate. It's Gibbs." Said Gibbs. "I want you and McGee on the case, me and DiNozzo might join later today."

"Good morning to you too." As soon as Kate got that out the phone went out. "He cut me off! I hate it when he does that!"

"I guess that was Gibbs." Said McGee from behind his desk after observing the conversation Kate just had on the phone.

She nodded and told him what Gibbs told her.

Kate now was lost in here own thoughts. She was now pretty sure that something was up. Something not good. And it has to do with Tony. She noticed Tony acting a little different few days ago but recently it was more obvious. She tried to ignore it as if it was nothing; but with Tony it was everything.

She didn't know why but she is falling for him. She shook her head. Don't even go there Todd! She said to herself pushing those thoughts away and focusing on the case.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning Gibbs woke up around 06:00 to find himself on a couch facing a sleeping DiNozzo. After the events of yesterday he couldn't leave Tony alone. Fearing that whoever did this to Tony would be back. And Tony was not in any state to put up a fight any time soon.

Not long after Tony woke up to the smell of food. Opening his eyes he yawned and stretched. His body was very sore due to the beatings he received the day before from his… father. He shivered slightly at the thought of it and shook his head to get rid of the thought from his mind.

Making his way out of bed; which he realised was a very bad idea. As soon as he got himself on his feet he regretted for not doing it slowly since a wave of dizziness rushed through him making him nauseous and his sore body made him unsteady on his legs causing him to fall over. Lucky for him at that time Gibbs chose to enter Tony's room and with strong arms managed to settle Tony back on his bed before he fell flat on his face. Tony was grateful to be back on the bed. At least now his nauseousness faded and the dizziness passed.

Gibbs noticing Tony closing his eye's shut obviously trying to relax, "You alright?" asked Gibbs with great concern.

"Yeah." Replied Tony with a nod, smiling embarrassed "Thanks."

"Don't mention it." Said Gibbs "Breakfast is ready, since you're unsteady on your feet, you're eating here." Making his way to the kitchen. But before he was completely out of the door Tony called for him causing him to face the young man.

"Gibbs." Said Tony. "I'm not hungry."

"I don't really care if you are hungry or not DiNozzo. I'll feed you if I have to."

"Boss, please." Pleaded Tony. "I don't think my stomach can handle anything at the moment."

Gibbs sighed. Tony looked so very pale and tired and obviously he was struggling to be awake. It didn't need a doctor to say since it was clearly written on his face. He guessed he should give his senior field agent a break. Since he didn't want Tony to throw up his breakfast eventually. Gibbs went to take a seat on the near by chair he used the whole night and actually nodded his head in approval which sent Tony in a shock and gratefulness as to how Gibbs actually dropped the subject.

Tony noticed that since yesterday when Gibbs found him till now he didn't say a word about what happened. Maybe he knew Tony was avoiding talking about the event's that happened yesterday and was thankful Gibbs didn't push for explanation as he usually does to anyone. Realizing he did owe Gibbs explanation and the fact that he already planned on telling him. Tony made himself comfortable by a sitting position, with his back to the headboard of his bed and started to make the conversation.

"So, I guess you want to know what happened." Said Tony as a statement more than a question.

Gibbs nodded. Giving time for Tony to search for words.

Tony didn't know where to start. It was hard. He never ever in his life made a conversation like he is about to. And it actually scared him cause he was loss in words.

"I..-" Said Tony uncertainly. "I..I don't know from where to start." He admitted.

"How about the guy you left with yesterday?" Gibbs said noticing how Tony physically shivered. Promising himself he will keep Tony safe no matter what it took and will make this guy pay to the pain he caused on Tony.

"That guy you saw yesterday is…" said Tony in a low voice. "My father."

Gibbs face darkened at hearing this. He sure didn't expect it. Knowing Tony for around three years, he hasn't talked about his family. He knew that Tony's mother has passed away since he was a kid and he knew that Tony's father threw him away since he was a kid; but that was the only information he knew about Tony's family-life-. He couldn't actually blame Tony for keeping this type of secret cause after all he himself has a secret that no one knows about. Not even his best friend Dr.Mallard. But for now all he wanted was to take care of Tony. Since he lost his daughter Kelly. He considered Tony as the son he never had. He cared for him. He loved him. And he knew he rarely showed affection. But he wanted the young man to know that he would be there for Tony.

"Your father did this to you?" said Gibbs after he recovered from the shock. Since he never understood, how could a parent do this to their own child? His father must really be out of his mind!

Tony nodded. And with a forced sad laugh he said, "It's funny, it was all my fault." Gibbs didn't believe that at all. But he didn't say anything and allowed Tony to continue.

"Let's just say that the case's we've got recently ‘stabs' reminded me of my mother." Said Tony folding his arms embracing himself.

That said hit Gibbs, remembering what Ducky said that day, "Jethro, I don't know if you have noticed but, I feel like Tony is hiding something, or maybe he is affected by the previous case and this is just an aftermath. You can't blame the kid for it." Duck was right! He mentally kicked himself for not taking the signs seriously.

"Mom as you know have been dead a long time ago, since I was around nine year's old. One day dad and I got home after he picked me up from school, we had plans to go on a family picnic that evening. But as soon as we entered the house we found mom dead on the floor. She was stabbed severally till her death." Said Tony as a tear fell; it was obvious that Tony was holding back tears while talking. But it was too much his eyes were burning from the hot tears. It broke Gibbs heart to see Tony like this. Hearing things he never knew. Tony's childhood was bad he figured out before, but it seemed worse than he ever imagine. Gibbs got up from his seat and approached Tony sitting next to him and putting a comforting arm over his shoulder's giving him as much comfort he can give. When Tony got calm he went on going.

"Dad hunted down moms murdered the same day and bought him down. But things were never the same since that day. Ever." –sob- " He started to adopt alcohol for sometime and used to beat me up. I had hard time covering bruises when I went to school. He haven't even realize what he was doing to me cause he was completely drunked. Though I survived." Tony paused for a few minutes until he got to control his emotions and then continued.

"I don't blame him for that since moms death affected both of us, and to move on about myself I put everything special of our family memories in a small wooden box and buried it underground under my tree-house back hometown. And the reason I was bugging you for a day off was to go get it."

Gibbs didn't know what to say. He just held on to Tony whose head now was resting on his broad shoulders seeking comfort while he opened up to Gibbs.

"Eventually I couldn't handle it anymore and so I had to take the day off and go back home to get the wooden box. And when I bought it back everything came flooding by." Tony sobbed some more and buried his face on Gibbs chest still having hot tears fall freely which already soaked Gibbs shirt, but Gibbs could careless. The important thing now is to comfort Tony. "I miss everything Gibbs." Said Tony which made Gibbs heart break.

Gibbs deepened the embrace to show that he was there for him. Tony was glad that he had Gibbs by his side. He trusted him, he knew he could rely on Gibbs and he always looked at Gibbs as the father he had lost. He loved him.

"I made a mistake in writing my father the letter." Tony said telling him every single word he wrote and sent the wooden box with its contents to his father.

Gibbs found it nice to do. He could imagine the events after that. And he wanted to know why his father snapped? He really needed a chat with Tony's father. And not to mention a serious talk.

"Let me guess the rest." Said Gibbs calmly. "He came by not expected and wanted you back."

"Sort off, he wanted me to quit my job at NCIS and do business for DiNozzo's enterprises."

"Over my dead body." Said Gibbs with a scowl.

Tony was pleased with Gibbs reaction. It proved that Gibbs really did care and wanted him around. He won't deny that his father can be aggressive and get's what he wants.

Gibbs raised Tony's chin up with his index finger bringing their eyes together. Gibbs could see the fear in Tony's eyes. It was crystal clear. But as their eyes were gazed with each other Gibbs couldn't hide a smile when he saw the fear fading and comfort; trust, took place. It meant so much for him to know that Tony trust's him.

"From now on, you are going to be staying with me." Said Gibbs. And before Tony could reply a refuse he continued. "It's an order."

Tony nodded. He would have no reason to not accept Gibbs offer. He knew as long as he was with Gibbs he would be safe.

"Great!" Said Gibbs with a smile and got up. "Time to pack the things you need to send them to my place."

And when Tony got up Gibbs immediately pushed him back to bed. "What the hell do you think you are doing?" said Gibbs sternly which made Tony confused.

"umm packing?" Said Tony uncertain.

"You are still shaky on your feet. Let me handle this. Get some rest you'll need it."

Tony knew better than to argue with Gibbs so he actually obeyed Gibbs to get the rest he needed. Gibbs was satisfied that Tony did as he ordered. It took him some time to pack Tony's things as to fact he didn't know how long he would be staying at his place. But he will make sure Tony will be safe around him.

When he was finished packing Tony's stuff and loaded them in his car he went to get Tony. When he entered Tony's room he found Tony sound asleep. He shook Tony's shoulder to wake him up.

Yawning lazily Tony shifted to his other side. "Get up sleeping beauty." Teased Gibbs.

"Hey!" said Tony throwing a pillow at Gibbs direction who easily ducked it. Wincing he regretted the throw; remembering his body was still sore.

"You okay?" Said Gibbs noticing the wince.

"Yeah." Replied Tony. "Just sore."

"Okay," Said Gibbs letting this one slide. " C'mon, let's get your things to my place and then see how the team is holding on with the case."

"Umm… let me shower and change my clothes first." Said Tony.

Gibbs eyed his suspiciously. "You up to a shower?"

"Uhuh." Said DiNozzo with a nod.

"Fine, but keep the door unlocked." Said Gibbs. "Just incase."

"Okay." Said DiNozzo rolling his eyes.

Gibbs wasn't going to leave Tony without surveillance. He is going to keep a real close watch even if it was for the rest of his life. He is not going to let Tony down. Tony needed him now and he is willing to be there for him and take care of him. And he is not going to let Tony's father hurt Tony ever again.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


To be continued...
Chapter End Notes:
Im sorry for taking long to update this chapter, but I really hope you enjoy it!