- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Title: Bit Parts Author: CJ aka WritinginCT Fandom: NCIS/Stargate SG-1 Pairing: Gibbs/Abby, Jack/Sam Rating: Teen – PG13 Warnings: Romance, Humor Disclaimer: I don't own the recognizable characters I'm just inspired by them. Hopefully they've had fun playing in my sandbox. Comments: Abby gets a bit part in a tv show and opens the eyes of two stubborn silver-haired foxes. Feedback: Love it? Hate it? Want to offer me a book deal to write original fiction? Email me at writinginct@yahoo.com Misc: This story came about when Evelyn Benton challenged me to write a fic where Gibbs and Abby are watching Jack and Sam and I had to have both couples have romantic scenes. So Evil Evelyn, spawner of plot bunnies, this fic's for you.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Abby gets a bit part in a tv show and opens the eyes of two stubborn silver-haired foxes.
"Gibbs! Come see! Sit!" Abby was zipping around the lab at warp speed and was holding out her stool for him to sit on.

He looked at her with amusement in his eyes. He loved seeing her so excited about things. There was always an aura of innocence and light around her. And it was intoxicating to him to be exposed to it, even if it were only for stolen moments.

He dutifully sat on the stool and she pushed him closer to the counter. Her gunpowder perfume subtly surrounded him, but it was different somehow. She added something to it that he was having trouble placing, something familiar that eluded his tired brain. She reached around him in typical Abby fashion to reach the keyboard, her chin tucked on his shoulder.

Normally he could maintain his composure when she did that, but it had been a couple of really long days short on sleep to close their latest case and he was punchy. "You change your perfume, Abs?"

She chuckled lightly in his ear and his eyes almost crossed. "Just tweaked the formula a little. It was missing something."

"I like it. So what are you showing me?"

"Remember when my friend Kristen and I went on vacation to Vancouver last year?"

He did. Distinctly. He could mentally catalog all of the times she went away with this friend or that. And all the times he wished he had been the one to have shared her adventures with her instead of her friends.

"Well, remember me telling you that we got to be extras in a TV show? I just got a copy of it! I'm gonna be on TV, Gibbs! How cool is that?"

The next thing he knew she was pushing him, stool and all, over to face the plasma screen on the wall. She plunked down in lower chair in front of him and clapped excitedly. He just shook his head and chuckled.

He tried following the story unfolding on the screen, but sensed that unless you followed the show religiously that it was almost an impossible task. He found himself liking the gruff male lead character, Colonel O'Neill however, his attitude similar to Gibbs' own.

He got the impression that there was something between Colonel O'Neill and his young blond teammate Major Carter. But what about the fraternization regulations? It would never work in the real Air Force. Plus the Major was a lot younger than the silver-haired Colonel. But his curiosity was piqued and he leaned forward to say close to Abby's ear, "So are they…"

He wasn't quite expecting Abby's reaction. She whipped her chair around to face him, her eyes wide, "No! They have been teasing us with that for years, Gibbs. Years! They are so perfect but because of the stupid frat regs, which are way worse than your Rule Twelve by the way, they have never done anything. It's so unfair, they save the world and the universe and can't even be with the person they love. Not nice, Gibbs."

She whipped back around to face the screen again, leaving Gibbs sitting there with a pole-axed expression on his face.

He leaned forward again and asked, "You don't think he's a little old for her, Abs?"

Abby didn't turn all the way around this time, she just turned her head to look over her shoulder and pursing her lips just rolled her eyes at him then turned back to the screen.

He stared at the back of Abby's head for a moment trying to process the meaning of her reaction to his question. Finally giving up he shook his head and refocused on the screen trying to follow the story.

----------

The team always worried when it was Sam's turn to pick the movie for team night at Jack's. She would either find some obscure science fiction movie or would go the opposite end of the spectrum and show up with the latest chick flick.

Tonight was just going to be Jack, Sam and Daniel as Teal'c decided to use his down time to visit his son and the rest of the Jaffa.

Jack had the beer chilling in the fridge and would order the pizzas once Sam and Daniel had the umpteenth repeat argument over toppings. He wondered at times, with the way that they squabbled like children, if they had been separated at birth. His kids. Well no, that wasn't entirely accurate. Although he had some heavy paternal feelings for Daniel, he most certainly did not see Carter as a daughter. And wasn't that just a big, pink, fluffy gorilla in the room most days. He knew it. She knew it. And they both were pretty damn sure that Daniel and Teal'c knew it. What General Hammond knew was a mystery, he never asked, and they never told.

His reverie was broken by a quick knock on the door. He opened it to see Sam standing there, movies in hand. He smiled, and she smiled. It was all they allowed themselves.

"So do we need hankies or physics textbooks tonight, Carter?" he asked in playful sarcasm.

She gave him a fake scowl and teased back, "Actually I was nice to you guys tonight. I got the new spy movie that everyone is talking about. It's got everything, a gorgeous leading man, beautiful women, gadgets, and it's even set in the Middle East so Daniel can pick apart the dialects." She handed him the dvd and he looked at the box and frowned, the leading man was a silver haired fifty-something year old and the leading lady was a whole lot younger.

"Dontcha think he's a little a little old for her, Carter?" Jack asked pointing to the dvd.

Sam didn't answer him, she just shook her head and rolled her eyes then turned and heading into the kitchen to help herself to a beer leaving Jack to interpret her response.

----------

To be continued…..feedback appreciated!!
Chapter End Notes:
Title: Bit Parts
Author: CJ aka WritinginCT
Fandom: NCIS/Stargate SG-1
Pairing: Gibbs/Abby, Jack/Sam
Rating: Teen – PG13
Warnings: Romance, Humor
Disclaimer: I don't own the recognizable characters I'm just inspired by them. Hopefully they've had fun playing in my sandbox.
Comments: Abby gets a bit part in a tv show and opens the eyes of two stubborn silver-haired foxes.
Feedback: Love it? Hate it? Want to offer me a book deal to write original fiction? Email me at writinginct@yahoo.com
Misc: This story came about when Evelyn Benton challenged me to write a fic where Gibbs and Abby are watching Jack and Sam and I had to have both couples have romantic scenes. So Evil Evelyn, spawner of plot bunnies, this fic's for you.