- Text Size +
----------

Abby snorted in the lab at the art imitating life. Gibbs raised an eyebrow in question but she didn't say anything further. Abby was trying to roll her shoulders a bit to relax them. It had been a very long couple of days hunched over equipment and her neck and shoulders were very tight. His hands autonomously went to her shoulders and started massaging away the knots, his eyes never leaving the plasma.

----------

They were still waiting for Daniel when Jack's phone rang. Sam heard him muttering into it with annoyance and hang up. "That was Daniel. Seems that one of the other teams just found some interesting hunk of rock that has himself beside himself. So he's staying at the mountain tonight. Looks like it's just you and me tonight."

Oh damn, did he really just say that last part? Hello pink gorilla, would you like out of the closet tonight? No really, come join us on the couch.

Sam chuckled, "Well, at least we won't argue about the pizza."

Jack grinned, she was right, they liked the same toppings. "Good point. You get the movie ready and I'll order it up."

Pizza ordered, Jack settled into the opposite corner of the couch from Sam and they started watching the movie.

----------

"Oh, here comes Kristen, Gibbs. Pay attention." Abby said excitedly.

He paused in his massage to concentrate on the show only to have Abby chide him, "You don't have to stop you know. As my third grade teacher once said, you see with your eyes not with your hands."

He let out a low chuckle and dutifully went back to his massaging.

----------

Their pizza had arrived and plunked on the coffee table. Sam had slid down to sit on the floor leaning up against the middle of the couch, totally engrossed the in the movie. Jack was trying to keep his focus on the movie but kept getting a faint tickle of Sam's perfume in his nose that was very distracting.

His focus was dragged back to the movie when he heard Sam say, "Oh no, don't go out there. You know he's going to kill you." Sam had a habit of talking to the screen, as if they would hear her.

----------

The pretty brunette was skulking through the dark office building clutching a computer disk. She could no longer see her pursuer and she felt safe to try and make a run for it. But the moment she opened the door and carefully stuck her head out she knew she had made a mistake. And the sound of gunshots and the white-hot pain that cut through her chest confirmed it.

----------

Gibbs had recognized Abby's friend Kristen and was impressed. He had just expected to just see her passing by somewhere. He wondered what Abby's role had been.

"Well, that was Kristen's bit part. Mine's coming up soon."
Gibbs pressed a thumb into a particularly stubborn knot and Abby moaned. He tried not to let that affect him but he was tired and his resolve weak.

----------

Sam was enjoying the movie and was watching with the same intensity that she generally reserved for studying some alien doohickey. Jack was torn between watching the movie and watching her. The pink gorilla kept poking him in the ribs.

He noticed that she was rubbing her shoulder and remembered that she had taken a particularly nasty roll back through the gate their last mission. She was probably stiff and sore. He impulsively asked, "Shoulder bothering you?"

She smiled at him over her shoulder and replied, "A little. I think we need to pad the ramp in the gate room."

He chuckled, that had been a running joke for a long time at the SGC, mostly because of SG-1's propensity to make flying entrances back through the gate. He shifted a bit on the couch and said, "Here, scoot over and I'll fix it." The pink gorilla was even surprised.

Sam regarded him for a moment, her expression unreadable, and then moved over to sit between his knees.

Jack leaned forward and put his beer on the coffee table and rubbed his hands on his jeans then gently began to knead Sam's sore muscles.

----------