- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Carrie sits in her car and thinks over what has happened
As Abby and McGee walked out of the building; Abby holding on to McGee's arm; Carrie was sitting in her car. She still hadn't left yet and was going over and over what Gibbs had said. She couldn't possibly leave the force. She'd worked her whole life to get where she was now, she couldn't let it all go to waste. ‘But it wouldn't be going to waste' the other side of her fought. NCIS was still law enforcement, just a step to the side, or maybe even a step up? She thought cheerfully. But it would mean that she had to leave her friends. At this point she looked out of her windscreen in time to see Abby and McGee running across the car par. They were both laughing and Abby was still holding his arm. McGee had his jacket pulled over his head and he was attempting to shield Abby from the downpour at the same time. His chivalry had come at a price though for as he was trying to protect Abby he was also failing in his attempt to shield himself and both were now equally drenched. Neither of them seemed to mind though, or notice come to think about. For that moment in time, both were completely content with each other's company and truly nothing else mattered. Carrie smiled at herself. She would make new friends, heck she already had thinking of the chats that she'd had with Abby and Kate. She'd also got quite friendly with DiNozzo but Gibbs? Gibbs she would have to work on although he didn't seem to dislike her in any way. He had offered her the job after all. Oh yes the job, the dilemma she'd been sat in her car for over an hour debating without conclusion. She started the engine. She'd go home, grab a mug of hot cocoa tuck her self in and carry on the heated debate there. She could always think straighter in the comfort of her own bed. "Sounds like a plan" she said before realising that no one could here her. "Talking to yourself again Carrie, it's the first sign of madness you know" and with that she pulled out of the parking lot and into the night.

***

END
Chapter End Notes:
Thats it, the end of my first fanfic. I don't know how good it is, Comments would be gratefully recieved!
xxx