- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
We meet Carrie Lockhart. A new character from McGees past who ruffles a few feathers
"DiNozzo, you drive" Gibbs said throwing the keys in his direction. "Kate, ring McGee"

"On it" replied Kate. All three of them marched quickly up to the elevator and got in. Kate already had her phone to her ear and was waiting for a connection. As the doors to the elevator closed McGee answered. "McGee, wake up. We've got a case," said Kate.

As Tony pulled the truck up to the side of the house, he could see that McGee was already there.

"How the hell did you get here already probie?" said Tony as he jumped out of the truck.

"I was already up and I don't live far from here," replied McGee. "And besides, I've only just got here. I haven't been inside yet"

"Why were you up this early" said Tony smiling, "did you have a girl in your bed?!"

"Its none of your business Tony"

"Ooh, he did!" said Tony laughing.

"If I did, its still none of your business" said McGee slightly irritated.

"What's her name probie?" said Tony smiling, but he didn't get an answer. Tony felt a sharp smack to the back of his head. "Didn't see you there boss" said Tony.

"Kate, you sketch, Tony collect evidence, and McGee photos" said Gibbs and the four of them entered the house. A blonde woman stood just inside the living room, her hair cascading down to chest length and shining in the light. She stood at about 5'8" and was wearing a black skirt the same as Kate. She had on a white blouse buttoned halfway up, just far enough to be respectable but also showing the beginning of what as far as Tony could see was one hell of a cleavage. "heh, heh, heh" thought Tony to himself. He was first up to her shaking her hand.

"Hi, I'm Tony DiNozzo. Nice to meet you." Tony smiled "And you are?"

"Carrie Lockhart. In charge of this investigation until we found out he was a sailor," replied the blonde. Her voice was deep and kind of raspy like when you first get out of bed, very sexy. ‘Great, just what we need, another blonde bimbo for Tony to drool over' Kate thought to herself. She was trying hard not become jealous, and shout something at the woman.

"DiNozzo move aside" said Gibbs which Tony did quickly. "I'm Jethro Gibbs. I'm now in charge of this operation and this is my team. You've already met DiNozzo, this is Kate Todd and this is…" said Gibbs but he never got the chance to finish that sentence.

"Tim!" said Carrie and quick walked over to McGee to give him a big hug.

"Carrie!" said McGee "I thought I recognized that name" looking at the startled faces of his colleagues; McGee thought he'd better explain. "We went to MIT together," said McGee "Carrie was in a lot of the same classes as me"

"McGee here was top of every class! But that's enough getting to know each other," said Carrie "The real case is upstairs." Everyone followed Carrie as she walked over and climbed the stairs on the left side of the room, Tony fighting to get to the front so he could be just behind Carrie when she went up the stairs. Gibbs got there first though and Tony had to settle for next in line. " The vic is 23 year old Adam Carter. We found out that he was a sailor with the navy from his wallet with his ID but you already know that otherwise you wouldn't be here" Carrie explained as they went up the stairs. "From what I can see its blunt force trauma to the back of the head, but I'll wait for your ME to make it official. No signs of struggle again from what I can see but your welcome to come to your own conclusions."

"We will," said Kate somewhat coldly. She hadn't known this woman very long but she was already starting to dislike her. Maybe it was selfish on her part but she was used to being the only female on the team, well apart from Abby. This Woman had already got Tony's attention and had a good friendship with McGee. Gibbs didn't seem all that cold towards her either. Truth be told, Kate was feeling a little sidelined. The team reached the bedroom and filed in one by one. The vic was laid out on the bed face down with his head at the pillow end. The sheets had now been stained a deep red by the surprising amount of blood that looked like it had flown from the victim's head where a massive crater had been embedded. Even Tony was surprised.

"Wow, whoever hit him meant to kill him," said Tony "That's one hell of a hit, not just your average tap to the back of the head" It was just then that Ducky came through the door.

"Sorry we're late Gibbs, As well as being woken up early in the morning, Palmer felt the need to get us lost again"

"We weren't exactly lost" came a voice from along the corridor. A young boy peeped his head around the door. He was holding a case that held Ducky's bits and bobs. "We were just misguided"

"Palmer, I think misguided is a little of an understatement when you cross state borders" said Ducky somewhat cheerfully. "Still it doesn't matter we're here now. Hello my dear" Ducky said holding his hand out to Carrie "My name is Donald Mallard, but you can call my Ducky. I'm the ME with NCIS."

"Nice to meet you, I'm Carrie Lockhart" replied Carrie "From what I can see its blunt force trauma to the back of the head but I will leave it in your very capable hands" Ducky moved towards the body and started to look over it.

"Thank you my dear. I won't be able to be 100% positive until we get the body back to the lab but I think the dear girl is right" said Ducky and looked at Carrie smiling. "Palmer, come over here with my box" Palmer moved over and gave the box to Ducky from which Ducky extracted a liver probe. "From liver temperature I think I can deduce that this poor lad has been dead for about 9 hours, so he was probably killed between 10pm and midnight last night"

"Thanks Duck" said Gibbs "now the rest of you get to work"

***