- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Carrie comes to NCIS
McGee pulled up to the precinct. ‘Why did Tony have to say that about Carrie making it seem like there was something going on especially in front of Abby. Now Abby's going to think that he has a thing for Carrie and him and Abby will never happen. ‘Damn you Tony' McGee got out of the car and walked up the steps at the front of the building. He opened the door and walked up to the front desk.

"I'm here to see Officer Lockhart," said McGee showing the girl her badge.

"Right through that door there, sir," said the girl behind the desk. McGee smiled and headed for the door. He knocked and entered the room. Carrie was sitting behind a large desk and a younger officer was sitting in front of it.

"Sorry to disturb you Carrie, I'll come back later," said McGee edging back out the door.

"No, wait, I'm finished here anyway Tim" replied Carrie. "Officer Collins you can go"

"Yes mam" said the junior officer and got up and left. Carrie walked over to Tim and hugged him.

"It's been great seeing you again Tim. I never thought I'd see any of us lot again after we left"

"Neither did I" said Tim smiling "Gibbs sent me over to see if you'd found out anything yet" Carrie smiled

"So he still wants my help does he? Only to do the legwork though I bet" she said laughing

"No…" Tim began sounding awkward. Carrie laughed again

"I'm joking Tim!" said Carrie still laughing, "You're still as gullible as ever! Actually I have found out something new. A couple of the neighbours said that the house belonged to a Alex Parker and when I showed them a picture of Adam, they all replied that he was this Alex character."

"Maybe we mis-IDed the vic" said McGee

"Maybe," replied Carrie "but I think there is more to this than meets the eye, I'm willing to bet my life on it"

"Well I'd better be getting back to Gibbs with the new info, Its been nice seeing you again" said McGee

"Wait two sec's and I'll come with you," said Carrie "I'll just grab my coat, I want to meet the team again" she said smiling. McGee smiled back and they both left the building and headed back to NCIS.

***

Kate and Tony were already back by the Time McGee and Carrie stepped of the elevator.

"Probie, how was the visit to your girlfri…Carrie, Hi" said Tony jumping out of his seat. Kate laughed at this, which got a dirty look from Tony in return and she turned round in her chair.

"Hi guys," said Carrie as she walked up to the bullpen, "Where's Gibbs?"

"I'm here," said Gibbs from behind her

"Do you always sneak up on people Gibbs?" said Carrie

"Yep" came the reply from Tony, Kate and McGee in unison. Carrie laughed.

"So, what you got for us," said Gibbs

"What makes you think I've go something Gibbs?" said Carrie

"Why would you be down here unless you had something to say?"

"I suppose, but how do you know its not just to see you guys?"

"That and the fact that McGee is dying from wanting to tell me something" replied Gibbs. Carrie looked round and discovered that McGee was indeed desperate to tell Gibbs about the Alex Parker thing.

"Tim, you are so bad at keeping a straight face!" said Carrie smiling

"Yeah" said Tony "he never wins at poker". Carrie laughed again and turned to Gibbs.

"We showed the photo to neighbours who said that the vic's name was Alex Parker" said Carrie

"And the licence says that the house belongs to one Alex Parker" continued McGee

"So we mis-IDed the vic?" said Kate

"That's what McGee thinks" said Carrie "but I think there's more to it"

"I agree," said Tony

"You would" scoffed Kate

"No" said Tony shooting a look at Kate, "There are lots of reasons that someone would create a secret identity, for example if they were committing bigamy, or sleeping around or" he said getting excited "If they were secretly into bondage and wanted a dungeon or something!"

"Only in your world Tony, and besides there were no leather straps lying around" joked Kate

"Ha, ha" replied Tony

"Actually Tony could be right Kate" said McGee, "after all Alex Parker isn't that far away from Adam Carter"

"Maybe" said Kate getting a smug look from Tony

"Maybe isn't good enough" said Gibbs "Find out of Adam Carter is our Alex Parker" Nobody moved. "MOVE" said Gibbs louder. This time every jumped to it.

"I'll go and interview his fellow officers, see what they have to say" said Tony

"I'll help you" said Kate and they both left for the elevator. Gibbs looked straight at McGee.

"I'll um…" said McGee

"We'll go and see what we can find on his computer" said Carrie finishing McGee sentence.

"Yep, we'll do that," said McGee. "C'mon I'll take you to meet our forensic specialist Abby, I'll think you'll like her" he said wanting to get out of Gibbs gaze quickly

"OK" said Carrie, "sounds like a plan" and the two of them left for the elevator.

***

Tony and Kate took Tony's car again. Kate didn't mind not driving and besides she liked watching Tony drive. It calmed and her and also gave her an opportunity to think. She had to tell him eventually. If she didn't then him and Carrie… Well, him and anyone would happen, anyone except her. Why was this so hard for her?

"What you thinking about?" said Tony

"Um… the case" said Kate "I'm coming round to your secret identity idea"

"Really?" smirked Tony

"Oh, shut up," said Kate but her voice let on that she didn't mean it as sternly as it sounded. "It would be great to have an identity that no-one knew about, and then you could do an say whatever you wanted without the consequences"

"Yeah, but that also means that you miss out on the good consequences" momentarily taking his eyes off the road and looking at Kate, there eyes locked.

"Tony! Road!"

"Sorry" said Tony and they sat in silence for the rest of the journey.

***

McGee and Carrie made their way down to Abby's lab and McGee heard the familiar sound of Abby's music bellowing from the lab.

"You'll have to excuse Abby's music, she likes it loud" said McGee

"Don't worry, I LOVE plastic death music!" replied Carrie, leaving a shocked McGee dawdling in the corridor.

"Hi," said Carrie loudly upon entering Abby's lab. Abby went and turned of the CD. "You must be Abby"

"Yeah" said Abby, "and you are?" sounding suspicious.

"This," said McGee entering the lab "is Carrie Lockhart. She'll be assisting us in this case."

"Oh" replied Abby, "Hi" Abby was still suspicious. If this is the ‘old school friend' that Tony was talking about earlier then Tony was right. She was a knockout! What did she have that this girl didn't. A big fat nothing that's what. If McGee decided that he liked this girl then there was nothing Abby could do about it.

"Did you get to have a look at the computer that we found at the house where officer Carter was found?"

"What?" said Abby coming out of her daydream, "Oh, the computer, Well yes actually" she said turning towards her own computer. "I decoded is email box and it was filled with emails to a Mandi King. I've put her name through every database I can think of and got a big fat nothing in return. The emails are quite hot really, love letters extreme kinda thing. In fact this ones quite good…" Abby began to read out one of the emails.

"Abby I think we get the gist of it, you don't have to read the whole letter out" said McGee

"Sorry" laughed Abby. Carrie was laughing too.

"Aww, McGee your going red" Carrie said and both Abby and Carrie laughed.

"Did you find out anything else Abby?" said McGee trying to ignore the last comment.

"Nope, I can't find anything about this Mandi anywhere!" replied Abby. "I'm telling you McGee, this feels hinky"

"That's enough for me" said McGee and Carrie noticed the shared smile that McGee and Abby then shared.

"I'm going back up to Gibbs to tell him about this" said Carrie "You stay here McGee and help Abby search for Mandi King"

"Since when were you in charge Carrie?" sad McGee

"Do you want to come with me to see Gibbs?" said Carrie moving towards the door

"Well not really…"McGee started

"See you soon then" and Carrie was in the elevator, "Someone needs to bang their heads together" she said to herself and laughed gently as the lift ascended.

***