- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
...
Later that night after Tony had been stitched up in the emergency room, him, Kate and Carrie were in a side ward.

"Thirteen stitches!" said Tony

"That's bad luck," said Carrie. Tony gave her a childish look

"I'm not superstitious" he replied

"Doesn't make it not unlucky though does it? Anyway I'm not wasting anymore time here with you arguing over nothing" she said smiling "That's it. Case solved. I've got to get back to the precinct. It was nice meeting you two, I hope we see each other again"

"We will, " replied Kate "You'll have to come and visit sometime" her impression of Carrie had drastically improved since their chat in the car. ‘Jealousy can do strange things to a persons mind' she thought. Kate was now genuinely saddened as she realised that Carrie indeed did have to go. She'd forgotten that she wasn't actually a member of the team. Carrie smiled and walked over to Tony. She gave him a hug and he screwed his face up with pain.

"Ow" he said

"Oh, be a big boy!" said Carrie laughing. She walked over and gave Kate a hug too. She put her mouth to Kate's ear

"Now's your chance, tell him how you feel" she whispered. And she winked at Kate as left room "Get better soon Tony" and she was gone. Kate moved towards Tony and sat on the side of the bed. She smiled

"Trust you to get stabbed in the neck"

"Oi, you're speaking to an invalid here. Be nice," replied Tony. Kate laughed and then her face turned to concern.

"But you are alright though?" she said, her voice had softened

"I was stabbed in the neck!" he reiterated, but as he saw her expression, his face softened as well. "Yeah, I'll be fine" he said, and motioned for Kate to move nearer to him. She slid up the bed and sat next to him as he wrapped his arm around her. He winced at the sudden rush of heat to his wound and Kate felt his body tense around her. She looked up at him. Their eyes locked and they both went silent. It was Kate who broke first. She looked down again

"Look Tony, there is something I've been meaning to say for a long time. Seeing you there with that knife at you neck and all that blood…" she trailed off

"Kate, its alright. I've been meaning to say something to you as well," said Tony. He tightened his hold on Kate and wrapped his other arm around her too. It had been a long time since he had held her in his arms. Too long. He was going to make the most of it.

"You have? What is it?" she said and looked up again to see Tony gazing back. This was one of the times when she could see right into his eyes, right into his soul and if she looked closely, into his heart.

"We've haven't known each other for a very long time I know, but I feel as though I've known you forever. I'd like to think you feel the same towards me" he stopped Kate from interrupting him. If he didn't say it now he didn't think he ever would. "I feel that we've become close and I enjoy your company. I really enjoy your company in fact…Ok I'm just gonna have to say it. Kate, I think I've fallen for you" It was Tony's turn to look away now. He couldn't bear to look as her face fell and things became awkward. Instead he was surprised to feel the softness of her hand gently touch the side of his face and pull him so he was facing her again.

"We haven't known each other for that long I agree, but I feel like I know you. We've become more than friends, and I think I've connected with you in a way that I never thought possible with another person. Tony, I feel exactly the same" Tony's face lit up and Kate giggled nervously

"So what now?" said Tony "because, we could go on a date and see what happens, or we could just sit here or we cou…" He was cut short as Kate placed her lips on his. His stomached folded as he felt the moistness of her lips cover his. He moved one hand up to the side of her face and stroked her velvety soft skin. She reciprocated by moving both her arms and wrapping them around his neck. She felt Tony grimace and pulled away.

"Oh god, did I hurt you?"

"No, it doesn't matter," he said smiling

"But…" this time it was Kate's turn to be silenced. He pulled her against him and returned his lips to hers. He felt the lightness of her fingers gently scrape the back of his neck and it tickled. There bodies seem to fit together perfectly, like all this time there bodies had been made to be like this. He felt Kate's lips part a little, and he tenderly moved his tongue nearer to her side of the kiss, not wanting to intrude. Kate beat him to it and he felt her tongue slide over his. He responded and their kiss deepened. ‘He could do this all night' thought Tony happily to himself. He had a feeling that Kate was thinking the exact same thing.

***

Carrie pulled up to the NCIS building and parked. In her short time here, she had never really fully appreciated the beauty of the building. It's tall ever standing grace, with its delicate decorations and the smoothness of the glass panels. She was saddened to think that this was the last time that she would see it. Well maybe not the last, but it would feel different if she came back again. It felt comfortable and safe at the moment, inviting her into the safety of its walls. It felt like home. ‘Still' she thought quietly ‘she could come and visit'. But somehow she didn't think it would be quite the same. She sighed and got out of the car. It was dark and absolutely tipping it down. "Just my luck" she said locking the car and she ran towards the cover of NCIS.

***

Abby was in her lab filling in the paperwork from the case when she heard Carrie burst through the door sopping wet. She was laughing

"Hey Abby" she giggled, "have you seen Tim?". ‘Great' thought Abby, ‘they've probably got a date planned'

"He's up in the Interview room" she replied glumly

"Its just I want to say goodbye before I leave"

"Leave?" questioned Abby

"Well the case is over and I'm not exactly a NCIS agent am I?"

"Oh" said Abby cheering up slightly, but this still didn't mean there wasn't a date. She thought she'd better be at least civil towards her at least. She wasn't a rude person after all. "Well, it was nice to meet you"

"I'm sure" said Carrie sensing the hostility of Abby's voice

"Pardon" said Abby

"Nothing" said Carrie

"No" said Abby getting angry "What did you say?"

"It doesn't matter" repeated Carrie

"It does" said Abby loudly "now what did you say! You can't just come in here out of the blue, steal McGee from me, flounce out and be rude to me" Carrie laughed

"How dare you laugh at me," said Abby now very angry

"Calm down Abby its just…" she said still laughing "Its just…I thought you said I stole Tim" she finished in a fit of giggles

"You did!" said Abby still outraged but now a little confused

"Now don't get me wrong Abby, Tim is a nice guy and all that but him and me?" she started a whole new set of giggles

"Its not that stupid" said Abby now getting defensive "He's smart, intelligent, kind, funny, cute…"

"Yeah but he's Timothy McGee! We will always be good friends but we could never be more. Besides he's totally in love with you for a start" Abby blushed

"He said that?" said Abby quietly

"No, but its blatantly obvious"

"How?"

"Why do you think I'm down here looking for him? He spends every minute he can down here, he can't bear to be away from his beloved Abby" Abby blushed deeper and smiled embarrassedly. "Why is it that no-one speaks their feeling around here. First Tony and Kate now you and Tim"

"Wait" said Abby "Tony and Kate got it on?"

"Well I watched for a bit when I left the hospital bed but they got very close"

"YES!" said Abby jumping in the air "I've been trying to convince her to tell him how she felt for ages"

"You should take your own advice and tell Tim how you feel"

"That's different" retorted Abby

"How?" said Carrie. Abby couldn't think of an answer to that. "I've really got to go but promise me you'll at least think about telling him"

"Maybe," said Abby. Carrie walked over and gave her a hug. ‘It was quite a good hug actually' thought Abby. Maybe she was wrong about Carrie after all.

"I'll see you around," said Carrie

"Bye," replied Abby and Carrie entered the lift.

***
Chapter End Notes:
This was my favourite bit to write! Hope you enjoy it!