- Text Size +
Chapter 4

Gibbs sat in MTAC and watched a corporal marine in combat fatigue over the huge video screen trying to explain how he had lost a HMVW in the middle of the desert, "Sir I swear to god, I got out to check on a strange rock, when I turned around the car was gone!" the young man pled with a desperate voice.

Gibbs shook his head, "You have twenty-four hours to find that vehicle, or else!" Gibbs turned towards the operator besides him making a cutthroat movement, the corporal's face is replaced by an NCIS logo. "Sir Agent DiNozzo is searching authorisation to get into MTAC, want me to let him in?" the operator says looking over his shoulder. Gibbs nods and takes a sip from his coffee. Tony walks into the dimly lighted room holding a sheet of paper, "Hey boss, we need to talk about something." Tony said kind of hesitating.

Gibbs shook his head, "No we don't DiNozzo." he said curtly, Tony looked confused, "But boss you really need to read this." Tony said trying to sound firmly this time. Gibbs took another sip of his coffee and sighed, "I'm kinda busy DiNozzo! I have a job too you know!" Gibbs replied aggravated. Gibbs looked up from his coffee cup and noticed Tony's nervousness and frowned, he expected Tony to spot the irony in the fact that he himself finally had no real boss to bitch up to, but Tony didn't move an inch.

"What is it DiNozzo? Some one choke to death on a paperclip or something? You look like you've seen a ghost." Gibbs said on a mild tone, trying to cheer up Tony. Tony just handed Gibbs the printed e-mail, Gibbs's eyes scanned the text and grew wider and filled with rage the further he got down the page. Gibbs threw down his Styrofoam coffee cup, ripped the paper to pieces and jumped out of the chair grabbed Tony's shirt, *SMACK!* *SMACK!* the two slaps across Tony's face sounded.

"DiNozzo! What the hell where you thinking? Why didn't you report this to me the moment you found the damn letter!" Gibbs said with a very angry face. "Well actually it's an E-mail Gibbs, and he gave McGee and me the assignments to where it came from." Abby said in a happy voice, her face was projected on the main screen making her head look huge. Gibbs complexion changed and released Tony's shirt from his clenched fist, "Err, Tony, why didn't you tell me, this is about Jenny and I need to know, err, what happened to her." Gibbs said suddenly looking towards Abby.
***

"McGee how is the tracing going?!" Tony yelled walking into Abby's lab, Tony noticed the Metallica music pounding his eardrums, "Abby! could you turn this stuff down a bit?" Tony yelled towards Abby. Abby and McGee turned around and spotted Tony, "Hey Tony!" Abby yelled, Tony put his hands against his ears signalling to Abby to turn down the music. Abby grabbed the remote and pressed the pause button, the music stopped suddenly as Tony let go of his ears, *BANG!* a very loud gunshot is heard *Slick! tsjik* the cocking of a pump-action shotgun is heard.

Tony gave Abby a irritated look, "Why is your fiancé playing with a pump-action shotgun?" he asked giving Abigail his best piercing stare. "I need to know what kindofa kick the damn thing is going to give me, when I load ‘er up with some decent ammo!" Anton yelled as he stepped into the room carrying a SPAZ shotgun.

"O come on, what's next? A freaking M-60?" Tony scuffed, "You couldn't even carry one of those anyways!" Tony chuckled sizing up the small man. "Wanna bet? Nam weapons are mean son's of bitches but I'll fucking carry a Vulcan cannon to the moon, just to prove you wrong DiNozzo" Anton barked back.

*Slap!*
*Slap!*
"If you two dumb asses can't behave I'm firing your asses both." Gibbs says looking over towards the two freshly slapped men. "Boss!" Tony and Anton say in tandem, Gibbs walks past the duo and sets down a cup of CafPow on Abby's desk. Abby smells the cup but shoves it towards McGee, another CafPow cup is set on Abby's desk, she turns around and looks Gibbs in the eyes, "Gibbs you know I'm not drinking any caffeine!" she says pouting her lip.

Gibbs nods and grabs one of the cups and takes off the lid, "This one is a fruity drink, softy something." He says kissing Abby on the cheek. She giggles, "I never lost faith in you my silver haired fox." She smiles and takes a sip, her face shoots into a grimace, "Banana flavour?" she says putting the cup down. Gibbs gives her a quizzed look, "Thought you liked banana's?" Abby eyes grow big and averts them towards ceiling, "Yeah, err, I do, how'd you know?" She asks cringing for the answer. "I over heard you saying something about a banana, to Anton a couple of weeks ago." He says not entirely aware of what he just said.

"So what ya got for me Abs?" he says looking at the plasma screen, Abby opens a couple of files and picks up a small pistol bagged in an evidence bag. "I have some bad news and some very bad news Gibbs!" she says looking at him with an expression of pity, Gibbs shakes his head and sighs, "Come on Abby." he says trying to keep his expression neutral.

"I'm sorry Gibbs butt the pistol had director Sheppard's finger prints all over it and if that wasn't bad enough the barrel groves lined up with the rounds found in miss Benoit's body." Abby said trying to sound as neutral as well. Tony ran out of the lab and yelled something in Hebrew that sounded like a swearword, "I'm sorry Tony!" Abby yelled but Tony was already out of hearing distance, Gibbs however just stood there with a blank expression on his face.

Anton turned to McGee who was also looking at the whole scene with a shocked expression, "And what did you find out McGee?" Anton said giving him a prod. McGee snapped out of his strange shell shocked look, turned around and brought up a world map on the plasma screen, "Traced Tony's E-mail from a server in China to one in Australia then thru a fake company in Poland back to a internet café in DC." McGee said tracing the red lines across the world map.

"Can you tell if the bastard is still around here McGee?" Anton said giving Tim another prod, McGee nodded and started another program, "Give me a few seconds." He snapped taking a sip from the CafPow. After a couple of minutes the program made a chirping sound, "Yes!" McGee yelled grabbing the CafPow and slurping another big gulp of the caffeine laced drink.
Tim wrote something down on a yellow post it note and gave it to Anton, "Lets go Halve." McGee said heading for the door.

Anton walked over to Abby and kissed her on the lips and gently caressed her belly, "Take care of Gibbs, he looks like he needs a hug Abby." he whispers in her ear, Abby giggles and nods, "I've got plenty of those to go around." She says smacking him on the butt. "You need to get back to work!" she says with a stern look on her face, he nods and follows McGee.
***

"So Tim what have you been up to lately?" Anton asks looking at the shaken McGee, McGee turns his head to Anton, "Anton, could you please watch the road!" McGee yells as a small delivery truck barely dodges them. Anton pushes his foot down on the accelerator and McGee squeals something inaudible, "What was that McGee?" Anton asks calmly releasing the accelerator pedal and stomping down the clutch, shifting up to fifth. "We are in the middle of DC and your driving one hundred miles an hour?!" McGee gasps looking at the speedometer, Anton nods, "Yeah we don't want ourselves to get killed now would we?" he says calmly pressing the accelerator down deep again.
***

Anton yanks the handbrake upwards and simultaneously throws the steering wheel to the left, the backside of the car breaks into a violent power slide and comes to a halt in front of a internet café. Anton unbuckles his seat belt and looks over to McGee, there is no one sitting in the passenger seat, ‘Huh?' Anton gets out of the car and looks over to the other side of the car, McGee is on hands and knees barfing on the floor.

"Err, thanks McGee for not doing that in my car." Anton says with a disgusted look on his face, "Don't mention it, but next time I'm driving!" McGee says coming up and taking out a napkin to wipe his mouth clean.

As they walk into the internet café Anton spots an elderly man sitting behind a small thin laptop, Anton rubs his ear and receives a flashback, the elder man sits in a golf cart and tries to run him over, Anton draws his two pistols and aims them at the elderly man, "Don't move Garce!" he yells in. the man looks up from his laptop and laughs, "Vous parlez le français, bravo! Mais j'ai à vous demander vas te crosser dans un coin !" the man says standing up and calmly folding his laptop together.

A tall bald man and a blond haired woman both wearing sunglasses step into view both pointing a gun at Anton, "How bout ‘you' go play ‘hide' and go fuck ‘yourself'." Anton replies to the elderly man, the man calmly walks out of the café leaving the four people pointing guns at each other. "If you drop ‘em now I might just not shoot you and arrest you, but I will promise you I will not hesitate to shoot!" Anton yells, McGee nods and points his gun at the blond female.

The bald man grins, "Who are you trying to fool? Not us I hope, we are walking out of here and that's it." He says moving towards the door and keeps his pistol fixed on Anton's head. The blond woman follows him and runs outside, a couple of seconds later the screeching sound of tires is heard, ‘shit!' Anton thinks holstering his pistols, "Come on McGee where going for a drive!" he says already at the door of the café.

As the two NCIS agents leave two teenaged boys crawl from under there table, "That's the last time where holding a LAN here!" one of the boys says to the other.
***