- Text Size +
Chapter 5

A black Mercedes races thru a red-light a small mini cooper honks its horn having to stop for the speeding Merc, another car races thru the red-light its Anton's blue Subaru. The woman in the mini cooper restarts her engine again and wants to drive off again but a blue Subaru zips past making her release the clutch to quickly and stalling the car again, "Damned street racers!" she yells to herself punching the steering wheel.

A scared McGee sits strapped in the passenger seat trying not to look up at the passing cars and trucks they barely doge. "McGee do something useful and crawl into back seat, open the ski hatch in the bench and then pull out something you think you can shoot with!" Anton says yanking the steering wheel again to doge yet another annoyingly slow Chrysler voyager. McGee begins to protest but spots a huge fuel truck in the middle of the windscreen becoming bigger every second, "What the hell do you think this car is a tank?" Anton yells impatiently steering clear of the tuck. The black Mercedes takes a left hand turn and races towards a few old warehouse buildings.
***

Abby sat behind her computer screen pouting, she had hurt two man she deeply admired and loved. Tony was even angry with her, she shook her head and looked down to her bloated stomach, "Mommy was a bit insensitive back there." she whispered to her yet to be born child.

She overlooked the letter that had kick started this sad situation, "That name, I know that name." she said to no one unparticular, she opened the FBI's most wanted list and had a look there, nothing that matched that strangely familiar name. She started to run several programs of listed suspects but still came up with nothing but the message, ‘no file found.' Abby shook her head in disgust and typed it into a search engine.

"What!" she yelled as she jumped up from her chair, she hit the print screen button on her keyboard and waited till the page was printed out, the first hit read:
Salientia (Anura) includes frogs, toads and their close fossil relatives. The closest living relatives of the Salientia are the other amphibians.

Abby grabbed the sheet of paper and started to move towards the elevator as fast as she could manage, she grabbed her mobile phone and dialed the number of her fiancé, as the phone ran a few times. She was distracted by the sound of gasps and moans of pleasure moving towards her, from the elevator shaft a pair of muffled voices where heard and she could hear clothes being put on hastely by the distinctive zipping sound coming from two pair of pants. The elevator doors opened and Tony and Ziva where both sweating and blushing trying to cover up what just happened.

Abby put her hand over the receiver and stepped inside the elevator, "You didn't have to stop on my account guys, make up sex is the best sex there is I know!" she said with a big grin. The couple gave her a nervous smile and nodded clearly uncomfortable, Tony cleared his throat, "What floor are you going to Abby?" he tried to say with a steady voice.

"Top floor I gotta see Gibbs, I know who wrote the letter." She said before realizing Tony would be as interested as Gibbs, "That's good work Abs, now tell me who's that bastard." Tony nearly yelled. Abby spoke the word frog and Tony's facial expression turned into one of rage, "Do Anton and McGee know there chasing an arms dealer who is heavily secured by bodyguards?" Tony shrieked as the elevator pinged and opened it's doors on the highest floor.

Abby's eyes opened wide in shock and held her breath as the other end of the cell phone line was answered by her fiancé sounding very annoyed and very busy with something.
***

"Hey hon, I'm kinda busy right now!" Anton yelled into the phone while trying to steer around a group of large garbage containers. He heard voices on the other side of the line, he quickly put his phone on speaker function and dropped it in his lap. "How are you doing sweetheart? Something wrong?" Anton said a little louder than needed, Abby could very clearly hear the screaming of tires and the engine revving signaling that the car is being put thru some harsh driving.

"I found out who wrote the letter to Tony, he signed it with frog." Abby said into the receiver while walking past Cynthia and into Gibbs's office. "I knew I should have paid more attention in biology." Anton said nearly ramming a bum and his shopping cart, "I bet you paid better attention when they discussed the female anatomy?" Abby giggled while she lay a sheet of printed out paper in front of Gibbs.

"You know what fuck this shit! Buckle up McGee I'm going to ram that French faggot." Anton yelled as he gunned the Subaru, Abby could hear McGee swearing something and something clicking. *Bang!* *Pssst* Abby could hear metal bending and the sound of airbags deploying
Gibbs switched his view between Abby holding the phone and her frightful expression to the piece of paper with something that looked like a dictionary description. "What have you got Abs?" Gibbs said looking down at the paper, Abby raised a finger towards her lips telling him to be quiet.

"Anton? Anton! Are you okay?" she said in a worried voice, "Yeah babe, just peachy, never better, just remind me we should look for a new tomorrow, gotta go catch that frog now." Anton voice came in muffled. Anton looked back over his shoulder and saw McGee was rubbing his forehead and kept blinking his eyes, "You okay back there?" Anton said putting away his knife in its rightful place on his ankle.

Swinging open the door of his wrecked car he climbed out and walked to the trunk he opened it and took out his alloy baseball bat, another door opened and McGee stepped out of the car and bend over and hurled. "Thanks again for not doing that in, well what's left of my car Tim!" Anton said trying not burst into laughter, "Don't mention it." McGee said walking over towards the trunk of the car. "Here take this." The shorter man said to the other handing him a Uzi, the other man shook his head in annoyance, "How many weapons do you own?" he said pulling back the hammer.

The little man shrugged and walked over to the black car that was mashed against the wall of a building and his own car, "Lets get those assholes out of there!" he said with a wicked grin on his face.
***

"Tell me again how it is that you where able to mail a confidential case file and a revolver, which was sealed and behind lock and key as evidence in a closed murder investigation, to a Special Agents home?" Gibbs said looking over the lid of his coffee cup. The gray-haired man shrugged his shoulders and looked the other way, "Ai am not sayin anyting til mai attorni getz ‘ere!" the man said in defiance. Gibbs stood up and walked out of the interrogation room, as he walked into the small room besides it Tony stood there sipping a identical coffee cup, "A tough one to crack isn't he boss?" he said after taking a sip and staring at the elderly gunrunning man.

Gibbs nodded and pointed his thumb towards the interrogation room, "Your up DiNozzo, he sent you that letter for a reason, find out why." Gibbs grunted giving Tony a penetrating stare. Tony nodded and walked into the interrogation room, he sat down on the chair Gibbs had sat on a minute ago, the Frenchmen raised his lip and shook his head in disgust, "Monsieur DiNozzo, we finallie meat ien persone." The man said with a tone of loathing in his voice.

Tony took a sip from his coffee and calmly placed the Styrofoam cup on the small table, "Why did you send me that e-mail? Mister frog." Tony ever so calmly asked the elderly man. Shaking his head the Frenchmen gave him a question look, "You do not kno' w'at moi rheal name ies?" the man said frowning deeply. Tony slowly shook his head and waited for a response of the man, "Ai waz to becom' yourh fatzer-in-law!" he said emphasizing the last word.

The message hit Tony like a sledgehammer, his facial expression turned blank he quickly grabbed his coffee and walked out of the room. Gibbs frowned but kept staring at the Frenchmen, he shut his eyes and brought his hand up to his eyes rubbing them, ‘Damn you Jen, that's not what I taught you.' He thought to himself as he finished what was left of his coffee, he had a legion of lawyers to deal with in a minute.
***