- Text Size +
Story Notes:
I was thinking. Gibbs had his nemesis, Ari. And Gibbs has Fornell. Since Gibbs is retired (more or less) I thought Tony needed to catch up on things.
Author's Chapter Notes:
In dark times you sometimes need to look for a light at the horizon.
Tony opened the door to their new house. Only five months ago they had moved in and yet he loved it. Four bedrooms, three bathrooms, a huge kitchen and a even huger basement. Who said it was a bad thing to have a stinky rich uncle who's really fond of you and inherited you all his money?

He heard laughing of girls in the living room and if he wasn't mistaken he smelled the barbecue. He closed his eyes with a soft smile and then entered the house. And he had been right. Lish and Ivi sat in the living room laughing over some letter they were holding between eachother. The glass door leading into the garden stood open and Tony could see Jethro at the barbecue, his eyes never really leaving his three year old son running around with a friend.

„Hey there, sexy."

Tony said and wrapped his arms around Jethro from behind.

„Hey, I didn't expect you before six."

„Jen gave us off. We've been working our asses off lately."

Tony said and softly bit his husbands earlope.

„Daddy!"

„Yes, Dan?"

His son frowned up at him and Tony knew he had done something wrong, he just didn't knew what.

„It's Colonell Gibbs."

Jethro explained as the second boy, Matt, came to them and saluted to Daniel.

„No enemies here, sir."

„Then keep looking."

Dan said and the boy went away. Tony softly shook his head and then went to his knees.

„Gunnery Sergeant Daddy, sir!"

Tony said and saluted. Dan grinned and shook his head.

„You're doing it all wrong!"

Tony frowned and looked at his hand while he saluted again.

„Ask Pa. He's doing it alright."

With that the cocky three year old ran back to his friend to bark new orders. Tony laughed as he looked at Jethro's shocked expression.

„Alright? I've been in the service before he was a wet dream of you!"

„Well, I guess you don't have it anymore, do you?"

Jethro raised an eyebrow and gave Tony a smug once over.

„Thought I proved you last night that I still have it more than alright."

Tony shook his head as he looked onto the barbecue.

„Are you cooking for a bus that's coming?"

Jethro frowned at him.

„You're not serious, are you?"

For a few moments Tony seriously didn't know what he could have forgotten.

„Oh, right...Ziva's bringing her fiancé! I already wondered why Abby said „See you later"...I totally forgot...when are they coming?"

„In about twenty minutes."

Jethro stated and turned the meat, that wasn't steaks, but smelled just as good.

„Ok, I'll go and get ready."

Tony quickly kissed his husband and then ran up the stairs.







25 minutes later Tony came back into the garden. His hair were still damp from the shower and he wasn't completely satisfied with his outfit but the black shirt and the dark blue jeans had to be good enough. He saw that Tim and Abby were already there.

„It's not fair."

Tim muttered as Tony sat with them at the table.

„What's not fair?"

„That you gave birth to two children and look even better than before..."

Tony grinned as he poured himself wine. Jethro was reasoning with Daniel and Matt if it was a better strategy to attack the enemy from behind or to go frontal. In the end the small Colonell won and they went into the imaginary battle frontal. Jethro sank into the chair next to Tony and sighed.

„Where's Lish?"

He asked and looked around the garden.

„Still in the living room with Ivi. I don't wanna know what they're planning now."

Jethro nodded his agreement and took a sip of his beer. His daughter always was some kind of trouble maker, never anything really serious but a lot of pranks, and together with Ivi that had increased. He sighed deeply again and then checked his watch.

„Ziva's late."

„Shocking."

The other three said at once. The door bell rang and a moment later Lish and Ivi appeared with Ziva and a tall good-looking man. The two girls grinned at the man and then sat to the adults at the table.

„Well, guys, this is Jeremy, my fiancé...Jeremy, these are Gibbs, Tony, Tim, Abby...and the girls are Lish and Ivi..."

The boys came running and Dan gave Jeremy an obvious once-over.

„Hey, I'm Jeremy. And you are?"

Jeremy asked nicely.

„Colonell Gibbs, Soldier!"

Daniel barked and then turned on his heels to go back to his game.

„Most of the time we call him Dan, though."

Tony said grinning. Jeremy smiled shakily and sat down with them.



A few hours later they had finished the dinner and when Tony returned from tucking in Dan, Ziva waited for him at the bottom of the stairs.

„Hey, Tony...could I have a word with you?"

Frowning slightly he nodded and they went into the kitchen. Tony offered her a coffee but she shook her head.

„What do you wanna talk about?"

„Could this stay between us?"

„Is it illegal?"

„No."

Tony took a deep breath.

„And I'll have to keep it secret from Jethro?"

Ziva sighed and rolled her eyes.

„You can tell Gibbs, but nobody else!"

„Ok, shoot."

She started to pace the kitchen and Tony waited patiently.

„I'm pregnant."

She finally said and Tony's jaw hit the floor. He had expected a lot, but not that.

„Pregnant? Like, you're going to have a baby?"

„I think you know pretty well what pregnant means! And that's why I'm talking to you..."

„Why me? Oh...right, cause I was pregnant twice...well, what can I say? Yes, it will hurt."

She laughed and shook her head.

„I'm aware of that, Tony. The thing is...I don't know how to tell Jeremy...how did you tell Gibbs?"

He tilted his head, thinking back.

„Well, the first time I accused him of having a damn good aim. The second time I puked."

„What?"

He chuckled at her confused expression.

„When I was pregnant with Lish he came home and I said that he must have a damn good aim since we had sex only once and he managed to knock me up. With Dan...I puked at 4 am and we both knew it."

„He knew that you're pregnant because you threw up at 4 am?"

„My morning sickness always comes at 4 am. I don't know why. You've been at your doctor?"

She nodded.

„She said I'm 6 weeks along."

He smiled reassuringly at her.

„You'll find a way to tell him. You love eachother so..."

He shrugged. He wasn't the best when it came to reassure people. She nodded again but seemed a little disappointed.

„A good way to tell men news is with a sexy outfit."

He grinned mischieve. She shook her head and muttered a „DiNozzo" as she went back into the garden. Tony stayed behind for a moment letting the news sink in. They would have a baby around again.
Chapter End Notes:
I was thinking. Gibbs had his nemesis, Ari. And Gibbs has Fornell. Since Gibbs is retired (more or less) I thought Tony needed to catch up on things.