- Text Size +
Sacks sighed deeply after Tony had gone through nearly all suspects, which were a lot.

„Are we finally through?"

„She's been the director, what did you expect? That everybody loved her? Anyway, we do have someone who's got my attention."

Tony pushed a button and the picture of Kramer appeared on the screen again. Sacks looked at the man for a moment and then turned to Tony who seemed to think of the worst – or best – way to kill Kramer.

„Why?"

„Huh?"

„Why did he get your attention?"

Tony sighed and finally looked away from the icy eyes.

„He and Jen talked quite a lot in the last month but we couldn't find any connection."

„That doesn't have to mean that he killed her."

Tony nodded his agreement and was about to pull up the pictures of the crime scene, but he decided against it, hencing all the agents around. He put them on his computer screen and Sacks took a look.

„Apart from the head shot she looks like..."

„...about to have sex."

Tony finished and the FBI Agent nodded hesitantly.

„So, you think she and Kramer...?"

Tony sighed again and pinched the bridge of his nose.

„It is possible. But it could be somebody else and I'm just looking for somebody to blame since I can't blame myself."

„Why should you blame yourself?"

„Because that's what we do if one of our friends dies...it has been what we do..."

His phone spared him from explaining further.

„DiNozzo...ok, we're on our way..."

He hung up and straightened. He looked around. Ziva and McGee were still questioning people and he didn't expect them to return before lunch. Gilliam was down with Abby again, and it'd do him good.

„So, it's just you and me to go down."

„Who was it?"

„Jimmy, our ME. He's finished."





The doors slid open and the silence in the morgue was complete. Tony entered and felt like in a bizarre dream. The body on the slap was covered from head to toe but he knew what was hiding underneath.

„Tony."

Startled he span around to find Jimmy at his desk next to the door. He let out the breath he hadn't noticed he was holding.

„I was expecting you to come down here before now."

„I was busy, Jimmy...you know Agent Sacks, FBI?"

„We have met."

Jimmy said closed up but Tony shot him a look that said „he's alright". Jimmy nodded and took the notepad.

„Well, as very obvious, the headshot was the cause of death and my estimated TOD was also correct."

„Anything new?"

„Yes. She has had definitely sex. And as carefully the murderer had been, her lover wasn't. I found residue of sperm in..."

„So we have the killer's DNA!"

Tony interrupted before Jimmy could say something he didn't want to hear.

„Well, we do have the DNA of her lover. And before you ask, I send it up to Abby. She told me you haven't seen her yet either."

„She has my number, hasn't she?"

„Oh, I don't think she was complaining. She seems to like Stuard."

Raising his eyebrow, very much like Jethro when he didn't want to understand an innuendo, Tony didn't really answer that.

„Anyway, as much as the situation indicates that it had been her lover it still could be that she was getting dressed and was surprised by the murderer."

Sacks intervened the silent conversation between Tony and Jimmy.

„Or she got ready for a second go round. Anything else, Jimmy?"

„Em...yeah. But I'll have to show you."

A big lump formed in Tony's throat but he nodded curtly. Jimmy went over to the slap and lifted the cover from the buttom to reveille the legs. Somehow Tony felt lucky that what ever Jimmy wanted to show him wasn't higher up. The ME pulled on some gloves and pushed the legs slightly apart.

„I thought it would be a good idea to be thorough."

„That means you're usually not?"

Tony glanced up to see the ME grin at him. Jimmy shut off the lights and took a UV light. He raised it over the right inner thight.

„Jesus..."

Slacks muttered next to Tony and he could only nod in agreement.

„A hidden message on her inner thigh...Jethro won't be happy."

Tony could see from the corner of his eyes that Sacks was tilting his head that much that Tony feared he'd disarrange his neck.

„It's says „Not the last"."

He said slightly pissed and gave the FBI Agent a look.

„Ok, that's quite...blunt."

„Ya think?"

Before Sacks or Jimmy could react Tony was already on his way to the door.

„Thanks, Jimmy. Are you waiting for invitation, Sacks?"