- Text Size +
„Tony! Sit down or do anything else, but stop pacing around like a panther in a cage!"

Ziva said annoyed and pressed her fingers against her temples. Tim hadn't been very happy when he returned with the pregnant woman to the HQ. None of the people they questioned were any help and that made Ziva even more bitchy than usual. Right now they were in the lab waiting for new results concerning the DNA test.

„It's tiger."

„What ever. A wild cat."

„She's right, Tony."

Abby said and looked shocked about her own words.

„Anyway, you could also go home and sleep a little."

Within a second Tony was in front of her, looking down at her.

„Are you saying that I should take a nap, now that I can't eat sugar or fat nor can drink coffee? Is that why you're sending me home?"

„No, Tony. I'm saying that you haven't slept more than six hours in three days. Well, let's say I hope you slept six hours, though you didn't look that way yesterday, and I don't even want to know how you and Gibbs work with pain...or if I think about it I'd really like to know..."

„ABBY!"

She sighed slightly and then took a step back to bring some room between them.

„I was saying that you should take more care of yourself. I mean you're expecting a baby."

„You're pregnant?"

Tony gave her a look and then turned to Sacks. Abby winced in sympathy. While fighting they had forgotten about the FBI Agent.

„Well, yeah."

„If you had told me I would have send you home ages ago!"

„You're not my boss!"

„BUT I AM!"

The span around and looked into the pissed face of Director Gibbs. He walked completely into the room, giving Tony and Sacks equal stares and then turned to Abby, with a huge Caff-Pow! in his hand.

„Good to have you back, bossman."

She beamed and took the drink.

„You got the results yet?"

„ABBY!"

McGee was typing hurridly on the keyboard and Abby immidiatly joined in.

„What's going on?"

„Somebody tries to get into my computer!"

The two of them kept typing for about five minutes and then they stopped. A little puzzled they looked at eachother and then turned around.

„They stopped..."

Tony gave Jethro a look, which spoke of suspicions and terrible ideas, and the older man returned it.

„You know what they did?"

„No. And I won't find out who it was, either..."

A ding from the computer interrupter her and she swang around.

„Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a winner!"

She announced and opened the file. A face appeared on the plasma screen and they all stared at it for a long moment.

„Great."

Tony said and turned around. Before anybody could say anything he had left the lab.

„What was that about?"

Sacks asked and Jethro sighed.

„It wasn't the result he wanted."

Still confused Sacks checked the file again.

„This says that Richard Stevenson died in a car crash this morning. And he's been on the list of people who have been in contact with Director Shepard. What is there not to like about the result?"

„It's not Kramer."

Jethro said, turned on his heels and headed into the office.




Tony sat behind his desk, a picture of Kramer on his screen and he just kept staring.

„Tony?"

„Stevenson has only met Jen for dinner. It had been an official meeting. He hasn't killed her."

Jethro sat halfly on his desk and looked down at his husband and then at the picture.

„Tony. His DNA was...it is all there. The case is closed. You can give your reports..."

„It's not closed, Jethro! What about the hacker in Abby's computer? Just before the result came? A little coincidence? Somebody taught me not to believe in coincidences!"

„Agent DiNozzo!"

Called to attention Tony straightenend in his chair a little.

„The case is closed. You will finish your report tomorrow and you will go home now. I won't see you in office before eight am tomorrow morning. And that's an order."

Without another word Tony stood up, took his coat and left the office.