- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Summary for the whole fic. See chapter 1.
„Ok, what's with the smile?"

Jethro demanded as they got ready for bed. They had been in the garden until after midnight. Tony raised an eyebrow.

„What do you mean?"

„You had this sheepish smile since you brought Dan to bed. What's going on?"

„Well...Ziva told me something."

He said stretching himself to let his husband suffer a little longer.

„And what could that be?"

„In about eight months, we won't be the only parents anymore."

Jethro's eyes went wide and he stared at his husband unbelievingly.

„You're kidding."

„Nope. She told me she's 6 weeks along. She asked me for advice, can you believe that? Me!"

„What did she wanna know?"

„How to tell Jeremy, nice guy by the way. I told her that a sexy outfit can't hurt."

Jethro chuckled as he pulled back the covers and climped into the bed.

„I think it's cool that we'll have a baby around again."

„Yeah, but you do know that you can't take it home with you, right?"

Tony grinned and started to kiss Jethro's neck.

„Ah huh...but we can have all the fun and if the child's trouble we can give him or her back."

„So, what's the difference then? You do the same with our children."

Tony stopped spoiling Jethro's neck to punch him in the side softly and then continued.

„I love babies."

„We could have another one."

Tony froze and then very, very slowly raised his head to look Jethro in the eyes.

„Excuse me? I might be a little dizzy from the erection in my boxers, but did you just say that we could have another baby?"

Jethro turned to look his husband in the eyes.

„You just said you love babies."

Tony sat up and tried to get his thoughts in order.

„Sure...and I do...but...do you really wanna go through all that again? Morning sickness? No sugar, coffee or fat? The pains of a birth, I'm talking about me breaking your hand...the sleepless nights, the uncountable bottles and diapers?"

„Yes, Tony. To all of it. The question is, do you?"

A smile spread over Tony's face and he kissed Jethro passionately.

„We're going to make another baby!"

Tony said beamingly.

„Yes, didn't you say something about an erection in your boxers? That'd be a good start, you know."

Jethro grinned at him and rolled them over so he was straddling Tony.

„It's the first time we actually plan it. You think it's going to work?"

„It worked twice already. Why not this time?"

„Because we want it."

Tony said and his expression let Jethro knew that it was something deeper than the new wish for a child.

„Tony, sometimes you can get what you want. There's noone taking it away from you."

Tony avoided Jethro's eyes and with that the older man knew that they wouldn't make the baby tonight. He rolled off his husband and pulled him close instead.

„I'm just not used to get what I want. Everytime I expressed the wish to have something, I sure as hell didn't get it, and if I did get something I really wanted and they found out that I wanted it they took it away from me."

„You still have me, Lish and Dan. And nobody's taking us away from you."

Tony buried his face in his husband's neck.

„You're an exception. And probably only because you'd kick everybody's ass who'd try."

„Sure as hell. But I also think that it's a big part of the meaning of my life to show you that your parents haven't been right."

Tony sighed softly and snuggled even closer, almost crawling into his husband.

„What did I do to deserve you?"

„My ex-wives asked the same question."

„I still don't get how they could let you go...not that I'm not happy about it."

„Because I'm a bastard?"

Jethro gave his usual answer and grinned but Tony looked at him and shook his head.

„Because they don't know the real Jethro."

„And who is the real Jethro?"

Tony shifted a little so he could look Jethro in the eyes and being as close as possible at the same time.

„The real Jethro brings me breakfast to the bed. The real Jethro reads his son a good night story nearly every night. The real Jethro gets his daughter out of trouble at least twice a week. The real Jethro shows me every day how much he loves me. He shows me that I'm appreciated and he doesn't freak over every oh so little mistake. I think that only five people have ever seen the real Jethro, and two of them are dead."

He closed his speech with a soft kiss and then settled back on Jethro's chest.

„And I feel extremely happy and lucky that I'm one of those people."

Jethro stroke softly over Tony's cheek and smiled.

„Thanks."

„Well, I think it's a big part of the meaning of my life to show you that you're loved and lovable."

Chuckling Jethro squeezed Tony and then they went to sleep, both smiling.