- Text Size +
„You gotta tell them, Ziva."

Tony reasoned with her but she shook her head vehemently.

„Not yet."

He sighed annoyed. He had tried to convince her without telling her his own news but it didn't work.

„I'll tell them tonight..."

„You promised me not to tell!"

She interrupted him. He grinned slightly and took a sip of his decaf, barely hiding the grimace it created.

„I was going to say that I will tell them tonight that I am pregnant again."

She stared at him for a moment.

„You're kidding, right?"

„Nope. I got the news on tuesday. Went to my doc yesterday and I'm seven weeks along. Which means that we'll give birth pretty much at the same time. You see, it's not just that they will know about you someday anyway, and that they are your friends, but it will be a lot to plan. Two of the team will be out of action for some time. I will have to find a way that the team can stay intact through our pregnancies and births."

She sat back on the couch and chewed her tongue for a moment.

„I haven't told my father yet. Only Jeremy, you and Gibbs know about it...my doctor of course...I don't know how they will react."

„They will be happy for you, just as happy as for me. They're our friends, Ziva. And I happen to know that they love to have kids around, they can spoil them and then give them back."

Finally she laughed.

„Are we that bad?"

„Are you kidding? The last time Dan spent the night with Abby he came back with a purple tongue from all the caff-pow!s and I swear he didn't sleep the whole night....so, you gonna tell them?"

She looked down and then sighed.

„Can we tell them together?"

He smiled and nodded.





After the dinner in the garden and after the kids were in bed, though they both had tried to be up longer, the adults had comfortable conversations. But they died away as Tony stood.

„People, I have to make an announcement!"

All eyes were fixed on him. He smiled into the group, pleased by the attention he got so easily.

„First, thanks for coming. I know, it's not usual to celebrate anniversaries but the one when you got married but I think this is even more important. Anyway, I could do one of those sappy toasts, but I won't. Let's not linger in the past and look into the future...and this future brings me to the news. Our group will grow again."

„Another one?"

Abby exclaimed and for a moment they all turned to her, and then back to Tony.

„Well, I wanted to phrase it differently, but yeah, Jethro and I are going to have another baby...and there's more."

Confused they looked at eachother.

„Ziva is going to join the club...which only consists of me until now..."

Jaws dropped.

„Ziva? Are you?"

She nodded reluctantly. Jeremy squeezed her hand softly and smiled at her.

„That's so great! Congratulations, Ziva...and you of course, Tony."

Abby finally said and after the shock faded they all congratulated them.