- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
gibbs finds out
2 days later Faye is not much better but she has gone to work

"Gibbs can i talk to you for a minute?"

"Yeah Faye are you ok now? what do you want to talk about?"

"I am not as bad as i was, but back to the point, i am handing in my 2 weeks notice"

"Huh"

"I quit Gibbs"

"Why you're a good agent"

"I know you keep telling me but i just can't do it any more, i have Toby to think about and i just want to spent some time with him, going to the park and the beach and other things"

"Faye you dont have to quit, just take a leave of absence"

"That way if you want to you can come back"

"You dont get it do ya?"

"I am never coming back Gibbs i dont have long left"

"What do you mean you don't have long left?"

"If i tell you this, you can't tell any one"

"Ok i wont"

"I am dying Gibbs, i have a brain tumor, its inoperable there is nothing they can do for me but give me pain meds and keep me comfortable"

"Oh god Faye why didn't you tell me sooner? why didn't Tony say any thing?"

"He dosent know yet, i haven't had the chance to tell him"

"Well tell him soon, he needs to know to make arrangements for Toby to live with him and stuff"

"Dont you think i know that, this is hard for me i am dying and i am only 28 years old, i shouldn't be i this position its not fair" faye said as she breaks down crying, Gibbs moves towards her to comfort her

"Shh now its going to be ok"

"How Gibbs? how is it all going to be ok?"

"Well you are going to go home and tell Tony and we are going to take you to see the best neurosurgeon in the country for a second opinion and see what they say"

"I have had second opinions and third Gibbs, just face it, i am dying and there is nothing you can do about it"

"It wont hurt to just see one more doctor Faye don't do it for me or you do it for toby, it might give you more time with him"

"Gibbs i...."

"What harm can it do?"

"Ok i will but only for Toby got it?"

"Yeah i have, now go get your things and go home and phone Tony and tell him and i will sort out the doctors"

"Thank you"