- Text Size +
Story Notes:
This is the second part to Correcting mistakes.. I plan on making it more chapter orientated and hope it works out.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Will it last? How exactley does a marine and a slightly crazy goth girl fall in love?
If you haven't yet read the fic Correcting mistakes, you probably should before reading this.

I had people telling me the story was good and they wanted more. One even told me it would be a great chapter fic. so i thought why not, lets see where it takes us. Sorry the first chapter isnt long, but i have not been well and im hoping having a story to post updates on will help me recover from the brain freeze i currently have.



Chapter One:


Christmas had come at last and no one was quite sure what to think about the upcoming arrival of the pair that shocked the building. Jethro Gibbs and Abby were meant to arrive at some point during the day and according to the teams calculations, they should also have a little someone in tow.

No one had really heard from the couple bar from the odd video message, but they had stopped about two months previously followed with a note saying that they were not giving anything away and that Abby really wanted to surprise everyone for the holidays, so they would only be writing until then.

The team figured that there had been no complications or they would have heard something, so they all took a guess and a betting pool was started for what sex the child was.

They had decided to hold the party at NCIS so that any team members on cases that were still open could still participate, even if just for a bite to eat and a quick hello.

After the shocking video that helped the team understand the disappearance of two of its members, it took a few weeks for everything to calm down.

Tony was of course very happy for them and started to think back to see if he could now see the change in relationship between Gibbs and Abby, but Tony being Tony couldn't see past short skirts and his own thoughts.

Ziva would say that the minute she joined the team and met Abby and Gibbs, and saw them go through a case, she knew there was a special connection between them and was amazed that no one else had figured it out.

Tim had not seen it coming at all, but he wasn't sure if it was because of his own interest in Abby, or if it was just his inner programming, to not think of a man Gibbs' age and a vibrant young goth like Abs.

Ducky just acted like the whole thing was a new flavour of tea he just had to try, and would probably like more then the old tea he was use to. As weird as it sounded to everyone else, it made perfect sense to the British Chief Medical Examiner. To Ducky the new relationship was a very easy transition because he could see that the couple was already very close before the, what everyone else considered to be, sudden change in relationship status.

He laughed when he was told that some thought of Jethro Gibbs as a father figure for Abby. He had considered himself more of a father figure to the group and still in his own eyes considered Jethro to be just past the stage of young man, but no where near old yet.

Jen didn't know what to think. She had never considered that Jethro would find someone else inside the walls of NCIS and in her own way probably expected him to eventually come back to her, maybe decide that some things were more important then a job, like she was only now realising herself.

She had a lot of thoughts about the couple and were very surprised at how happy Jethro always sounded when he was in the company of his new lover, soon to be mother of his child.

The biggest question she was asking herself though was not how it was working, or how it came about in the first place, but how long it would work for. If she knew Jethro, she gave the relationship a year more at max, because really how long would it be before he decided he wanted to come back to work, and after that, it would not take long for the ultimatums to start. If there was one thing that Jen knew better then anyone, it was that Jethro got very stubborn and angry when it came to ultimatums, one never won with Jethro and an ultimatum.

Jen was so lost in her own musing she was oblivious to the much awaited ding of the elevator.


AN: Please review and tell me what you think.
Chapter End Notes:
This is the second part to Correcting mistakes.. I plan on making it more chapter orientated and hope it works out.