- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Tony's had a rough day - and Gibbs invites himself over
Tony shoved open the door to his apartment, throwing his pack across the living room until it landed upside down against the wall as he kicked the door shut behind him. Muttering to himself, he shrugged off his jacket letting it drop to the floor toeing that aside as he paced to the kitchen and yanked out a beer from the refrigerator.

*****

What hadn't helped his train of thought as he drove home was the traffic - bumper to bumper - for a whole two hours. He turned the radio on - and then off - on again - then he pushed in a CD he dug up from beneath his seat - and then turned that off.
Steaming gently - a heady mixture of frustration and impatience - as he moved the car forward another three inches - he recalled what had really gotten to him - what had really upset him - and contented himself wallowing in self pity and misery - trying to ignore the little voice in his head telling him maybe this could be fate's way of showing him that this might really be the time to move on - get out of Washington - get out of state and start again.

*****

"Man - why in hell do I still work there?" he growled after a long pull from the bottle in his hand. "McGee, Kate - Tony - why me last? And that's the third time this week!! I am THE Senior Field Agent - I'm Gibbs's right hand man - not those two - what's so special about them anyway?" He walked back into the living room and threw himself onto the sofa - lifting his feet onto the coffee table with a thunk. "And Kate - Little Miss Snidey Twisty Tighty Pants - man - there are times - I swear - I swear - I just wanna - " He paused and gazed at the TV as he flicked the remote - watching some bleached blonde bimbo giving the local weather report. "Nice headlights," he noted. "But back to Kate - little Caitlin - little Miss I'm So Perfect - hah! Yeah right - what's it going to take for her to recognise me for what I am - she thinks I'm this sex-starved bare assed baboon who has been put on this earth to make her life a misery - I've got a damned brain - I get the job done and I am damn good at what I do - but do I ever hear anything positive from her? Do I hell! Always trying to wrong foot me, always trying to get one up on me - and if she mentions me tonguing that she/he again - I'm going to Employee Relations - " He held up the now nearly empty beer bottle. "And me tonguing a she/he never happened, beer - you got that?" He lowered the bottle again - flipping channels as he did so. "And another thing - I still don't understand why she throws a tantrum if I so much as scratch my boys in front of her - hell - I farted the other day and she went ballistic - okay - it was a silent but deadly - granted - but it had to be her walking past my desk - which - I might add - is my own personal space and if I want to fart in my own personal space - I will." This last part announced to the room in general.

He got to his feet with the intention of fetching more beer when he paused - glancing at the front door with a frown - he was certain he heard something. He turned towards it and crept forward as quietly as he could - peering through the spy hole.

"Good timing, Jethro," he hissed as he reluctantly reached for the lock - letting the door swing open - leaving Gibbs standing there as he returned to the kitchen.

"How long do you intend keeping this up?" Gibbs remarked as he closed the door in time to see Tony retake his seat on the sofa. He shrugged off his own coat, draping it over the back of a nearby armchair and sat down beside Tony - on the arm of the sofa - watching the TV.

"Keep what up?" Tony groused.

"You've been off all day. We got the job done - and you were supposed to be at my place at six - you took off from work like a bullet from a gun - your cell's turned off and the phone is on answer - what's going on?"

"I'm taking a rain check," Tony looked up at him defiantly. "Right now - I just want to be alone - I need to think."

"About what?"

"Stuff." Tony sounded petulant - again. Gibbs sighed, scuffing a hand over his face -he'd been here before with his lover - and asked himself a million times why the hell he tolerated it - and each time - the answer came back - because he's Tony - and because I love him - and his flaws - every single last one of them.

"Who's upset you this time?"

"No one." The answer came back a little too quickly, Tony steadfastly staring at the TV as his fingers worked the label on the beer bottle - peeling it off slowly.

"Liar."

"Okay - " Tony lifted his gaze to Gibbs's. "Why McGee, Kate and then me?"

"Huh?"

"This morning - you introduced us to that Lieutenant Commander - McGee - a Probie - Kate - Special Agent - and then me - Senior Field Agent - why in that order? And it's not the first time this week either!"

"Because that's how it came out?" Gibbs looked dumbstruck. "Is that what this is all about - rank?"

"No - not just that," Tony frowned.

"Oh hell!" Gibbs breathed. "Don't move - I'm getting a beer."

He quickly returned, sitting down beside Tony this time - nudging him with his knee. "Heard from DiNozzo Senior recently?"

"Not since sending me that damn planer thing - no - last I heard he was in Monaco."

"Monaco huh?"

"At least he's not around driving me nuts - "

"Not around - key words - Tony." Gibbs shifted around until he was facing the younger man and he took time to study the sad face looking back at him. "Want to start at the beginning? Like - you obviously got out of bed the wrong side - "

"I woke up in your bed, Boss - and I'm always in a good mood when that happens. Remember this morning? First thing at work? You'd gotten your coffee - and I was asking about the air conditioning - and then Kate came in - and came in with no morning all - no - she asked me if I'd been working out and then insulted me - although I got my own back when I kinda forgot to tell her McGee was under her desk?"

"Vaguely, yeah."

"Do you really think I look disturbing with no shirt on?"

"Am I talking to a 34 year old grown man or am I talking to a eleven year old bordering on puberty?" Gibbs said - barely able to contain the smile that threatened to break out. "Tony - shirt on or off - believe me - there is nothing disturbing about that."

"So why say it?"

"Oh boy - " Gibbs worried his lower lip for a second. "Because - it's a Federal building and not a gym, Tony. Forget about it - it's over - done with and - if it makes any difference - I'm sorry I said it - I apologise."

"And then there was that cheap dig - "

"Tony - don't."

"Don't what - ?"

"Just don't - " Gibbs leaned in, gently lapping at Tony's lips - sighing inwardly as the kiss was returned - tentatively. "I understand you better than you think, DiNozzo - and I know for a fact - you've been wondering about the McGee, Kate and you thing all day - and you've convinced yourself - yet again - that you did something to piss me off - or you think I'm going to haul your ass over the coals for something you did. I am your Boss, Tony - I know you inside out - I've read your file - I know a lot more about you than you think."

"But - "

"But - nothing Tony. What I know - neither Kate or McGee will ever know - it stays up here," he tapped the side of his head. "You enjoy being told you did a good job - you thrive on it - but there are times - I don't need to tell you - you did a good job - okay?"

"But I - "

"I'm not your father, Tony - I may yell at you, I may blank you, I may head slap you - but I'm not going to reach for the belt, I'm not going to turn up drunk one night and beat the living crap out of you and then turn round and offer you a yacht in the Caribbean by way of an apology - until the next time - and I sure as hell will never tell you that you are a good for nothing brat who will never succeed in anything."

"He used to tell me that so often I believed him - "

"He still does, doesn't he?" Gibbs probed with a soft voice.

"No - " Tony glanced at him. "Yes - sometimes - "

"You've heard from him - from Monaco." Gibbs nodded as Tony's shoulders slumped as he sat back.

"Last night," Tony nodded. "The usual drunken tirade - how I'll never amount to anything - reminding me for the hundredth time I'm out of the will."

"Okay - and what are you going to do about it?"

"Do?" Tony got to his feet, bottle in hand as he walked across the window and gazed down at the street below. "Nothing - there's nothing I can do." Gibbs watched him sadly as he could see the bravado - the confidence - the mask just melting away - leaving a very vulnerable, insecure, self doubting Tony standing there - this other side rarely showed itself - but when it did - and Gibbs could read the signs - hell, he wouldn't be here now if he couldn't!

"How about - telling him what you really do for a living? Tell him you are one of NCIS's top agents - give him something to be proud of, DiNozzo - can't hurt."

"No point." Tony turned back with a weak smile. "He doesn't care - I'm the punch bag he hurls abuse at - even more so now his fourth wife just walked out on him - and man - she was a beast!! I guess there's something about like attracting like - "

"Don't joke about this Tony - you're hurting and when you're hurting, I'm hurting - " Gibbs took him in his arms and the two held each other for what seemed an eternity before Gibbs pulled back - kissing Tony's mouth softly. "Want me to get him off your back?"

"Hell no!" Tony breathed, his eyes wide.

"Why not? A quiet word in his ear from me - ."

"And give him more ammunition?" Tony spread his hands. "No, Boss - he understands he stays away - we communicate by phone only - "

"And look what that's doing to you!" Gibbs pointed out. "This has to stop Tony - it has to."

"He's my Dad."

"In name only - DiNozzo - name only." Gibbs turned and walked away - linking fingers with Tony and pulling him with him towards the kitchen. "Look - " he said finally. "We'll talk about this tomorrow - when you're less - "

"What's wrong with now?" Tony asked sitting obediently when Gibbs pointed to a nearby bar stool as Gibbs began raiding the refrigerator.

"Because - we've all had a bitch of a day - you're in no mood to think sensibly about anything - and because - I'm hungry." Gibbs looked round at him and back to the refrigerator. "When did you last do a grocery run?"

******

Dinner ended up as a pizza delivery from down the street - the two men devoured it with relish - washing each mouthful down with a slug of cool beer - Tony was clearly beginning to thaw out from the mood that had overwhelmed him earlier - making it clear as Gibbs had handed him a beer and flipped open the lid of the pizza that he did not want to discuss the problem with his father - not that night - and maybe not tomorrow - but he promised Gibbs that when he did eventually want to air what was eating him up inside - he would be sure to let him know.

Gibbs - for his part - seemed happy with that - making a mental note to keep a check on DiNozzo Senior - maybe check out his background - he might be surprised and find something he could use against him - something that would lift the dark cloud hanging over the head of his bed mate, his soul mate - his lover - his friend.

"It's gone nine," Gibbs observed looking at his watch.

"Already?" Tony said around a final mouthful.

"Do I stay or do I go?"

"Stay?" Tony gazed into the azure eyes across from him. "It'd be nice not to sleep alone here tonight - but if you want to get to your boat - "

"No - I'd be happy to stay - besides - if you'd asked me to go - I wouldn't have anyway."

"Yeah," Tony flashed him a smile. "I know you wouldn't. Look - I'm going to grab a shower - "

"I'll get tidied up here - "

"No - it's okay - leave that till the morning - "

"Still hungry?" Gibbs teased with a brilliant smile.

Tony merely stared at him for a long moment - and then he nodded. "But not for food." He winked.

"Go get showered - " Gibbs waved him out of the room. "And don't use all the hot water - there'll be hell to pay if your boiler blows again!"

******

Tony was rinsing his body and hair, humming to himself as Gibbs approached and opened the shower door. "Finally," he said his hands pushing through his soaking wet hair as Gibbs slowly turned him around.

He leaned forward and lapped a nipple to an aching peak, Tony's cock jumping to attention as he bit down gently wrenching a soft moan from the younger man.

Tony was growling now as Gibbs nibbled and nipped the hot wet skin, his hands sinking to his glutes, smoothing them, caressing those tight muscular globes. Tony pressed back against that magical touch, sighing softly as he felt those calloused hands leave his butt and snake their way round to his front - one smoothing over his abs, and the other down to grasp his cock - fingers wrapped around the heated flesh - stroking its entire length - as Tony's hips canted forward.

Tony groaned, arching as Gibbs kissed a sweet tasting trail from one pec to the other, swirling his tongue around the cleft between them. Tony didn't move - he kept his hands fisted at his sides as Gibbs made clear his intentions - kneeling now - lapping and kissing the skin of his abs - his whole body trembled at the sensations coursing through him, and he keened softly, biting his lower lip to stop himself crying out.

Cupping his cock and balls in one hand, stroking the sensitive skin, Gibbs planted a light kiss on the tip of the thrumming shaft as Tony whimpered loudly - arching slightly as Gibbs probed the slit of his throbbing erection with his tongue, lapping at the precum pooling there quickly before it was washed away in the pounding spray of the shower. He grasped him tightly, a little too tightly and Tony nearly screamed aloud when Gibbs took the head into his mouth and bit down gently. And it was Gibbs's turn to purr as the slightly salty, slightly bitter essence exploded in his mouth.

Then Gibbs just stopped. He sat back and looked up at Tony - towering above him Green eyes gazing into azure blue ones - glistening with desire - his tongue snaked out to lap water droplets from his lips and Gibbs smiled.

He leaned forward again, taking Tony in one swift swallow. Pressing his hands on the wall behind Tony - Gibbs deep throated him and remained still as Tony pulled himself halfway free and then slammed back in, forcing himself down that so willing throat. He began slowly at first, but as the heat within him turned to a blazing fury, he thrust forward again and again, face fucking Gibbs so hard, so forcefully as Gibbs's hand found his own throbbing cock - and he began to pump himself towards the white heat of bliss.

Tony needed this, Gibbs needed this – and as they both came closer to orgasm, Tony's grunting growing ever louder as Gibbs moaned around his pulsing shaft - Gibbs felt him stiffen and with an almighty roar, he came fast as the man on his knees beneath him swallowed the creamy load eagerly - before succumbing to white out with cry of completion.

Suckling him gently, Gibbs slowly released Tony - remaining on his knees briefly as he gasped for breath, licking his lips to remove the last drops of cum. He slowly got to his feet, cupping Tony's chin in his hand before capturing that perfect mouth with his own - the kiss deepening as they wrapped their arms around each other - oblivious to the fact the shower door was open and the bathroom floor was in serious danger of being flooded. After an age - Gibbs pulled back, gazing at the sight before him - Tony's lips puffy from his labours, his eyes languorous pools of deep meadow green - a small smile on his lips as Gibbs kissed him - this time chastely.

They dried themselves off and headed into the bedroom - hand in hand until Tony turned to Gibbs - lapping his lips as Gibbs's hands slid around his waist.

"You're not wasting any time," the older man snickered.

Tony's cheeks flushed at that and he lowered his gaze - shifting his weight from one foot to the other. "Would you mind if - if we didn't have sex tonight?"

"What just happened in the bathroom, Tony?" Gibbs grinned, jerking a thumb over his shoulder.

"No - that's not what I meant - and I'd like a replay of that in the morning though - "

"Of course - stands to reason," Gibbs affirmed.

"It's just - I would just like to go to sleep in your arms, Jethro - I just want to be held - just for tonight."


"I'd like nothing better, Tony - nothing better."

As they climbed into bed - Tony snuggling up close to his silver haired lover as Gibbs's arms surrounded him - it was almost an afterthought following a string of loud, jaw cracking yawns - Tony mumbled something almost incoherent but Gibbs just caught it - if Gibbs woke up feeling horny at any point - he was under direct orders to wake Tony too!

"Count on it, DiNozzo - you can count on it!"

"Good." Tony whispered.

Gibbs kissed the top of his head, pulling him closer to him - before reaching to turn out the bedside lamp - smiling to himself as he set the alarm - 2am should be good - and then 3am - maybe 4am - maybe -

The End